It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah’s Witnesses Banned by Russia’s Supreme Court After 'Extremist' Tag Is Upheld

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How are people celebrating this travesty of freedom of religious expression just because JW's are annoying by knocking on your doors all the time?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Whatever happened to "live and let live"? Now it's 'live the way I want you to, or you and all of your ilk will be banned from society!"
Too authoritarian for my way of thinking.

We have these churches in my town, and they bother no one.

I still prefer live and let live.

That's not their motto. Their motto is steal from Americans in the name of false doctrine and call it tithing. And jeopardize American citizens salvation and happiness with cult mind control. Reinforced by threats sometimes as I have experienced for ridiculous claims like Joseph Smith of the Mormons claiming that Jesus appeared to him and that the Second Advent would occur within 56 years from his prophecy.

The JW's claimed that Jesus would return in 1874. Then in 1914.

You know I have a few words to say about Jesus appearing to Joseph Smith.

The Bible says that when Jesus returns that ALL eyes will see Him. He will appear as the sun rises in the east. He decimate the forces of Armageddon. His feet will then touch the Mount of Olives and the Mount will cleave in two, into a great valley.

All these lies and threats against American citizens, threats of physical force like abduction as the Mormons threatened me with, simply for respectfully questioning things that don't line up with Scripture. If you don't worship Jesus then why threaten people following scripture. And steal money from them and call it tithing.

All with federal approval. As long as the federal government opposes scripture I say let Russia ban the JW's, and let North Korea build their nuke program. The North Korean's might need missile defense to oppose lunacy.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

I disagree.

JW's have a fantastic relief program that help other people that are not of their religion too for free

From Katrina Relief Program

While the needs of fellow Witnesses is a priority, Stacy explained their relief efforts extend to many neighbors who are not Witnesses.

"Jehovah's Witnesses don't just help their own people ... But we're going to take care of our family first," explained Stacy, who is a painter and wallpaper hanger in Ottawa.

"If we were working on a roof (of a Witness), and a neighbor asked for help, we would do his roof, too."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join