It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah’s Witnesses Banned by Russia’s Supreme Court After 'Extremist' Tag Is Upheld

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How are people celebrating this travesty of freedom of religious expression just because JW's are annoying by knocking on your doors all the time?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Whatever happened to "live and let live"? Now it's 'live the way I want you to, or you and all of your ilk will be banned from society!"
Too authoritarian for my way of thinking.

We have these churches in my town, and they bother no one.

I still prefer live and let live.

That's not their motto. Their motto is steal from Americans in the name of false doctrine and call it tithing. And jeopardize American citizens salvation and happiness with cult mind control. Reinforced by threats sometimes as I have experienced for ridiculous claims like Joseph Smith of the Mormons claiming that Jesus appeared to him and that the Second Advent would occur within 56 years from his prophecy.

The JW's claimed that Jesus would return in 1874. Then in 1914.

You know I have a few words to say about Jesus appearing to Joseph Smith.

The Bible says that when Jesus returns that ALL eyes will see Him. He will appear as the sun rises in the east. He decimate the forces of Armageddon. His feet will then touch the Mount of Olives and the Mount will cleave in two, into a great valley.

All these lies and threats against American citizens, threats of physical force like abduction as the Mormons threatened me with, simply for respectfully questioning things that don't line up with Scripture. If you don't worship Jesus then why threaten people following scripture. And steal money from them and call it tithing.

All with federal approval. As long as the federal government opposes scripture I say let Russia ban the JW's, and let North Korea build their nuke program. The North Korean's might need missile defense to oppose lunacy.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

I disagree.

JW's have a fantastic relief program that help other people that are not of their religion too for free

From Katrina Relief Program

While the needs of fellow Witnesses is a priority, Stacy explained their relief efforts extend to many neighbors who are not Witnesses.

"Jehovah's Witnesses don't just help their own people ... But we're going to take care of our family first," explained Stacy, who is a painter and wallpaper hanger in Ottawa.

"If we were working on a roof (of a Witness), and a neighbor asked for help, we would do his roof, too."

(post by DEVOTEDTOCHRIST removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by DEVOTEDTOCHRIST removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Even while the Russian Federation has banned the Christian activty of Jehovah's Witnesses as extremist, because they are non-violent, and supposedly a threat, Putin just awarded the Order of “Parental Glory” to a Jehovah's Witness family.

On May 31, 2017, Russian President Vladimir Putin awarded the Order of “Parental Glory” to Valeriy and Tatiana Novik, Jehovah’s Witnesses from Karelia, who raised eight children, during a ceremony in Moscow at the Kremlin.

The ceremony took place at the Kremlin on the eve of International Children’s Day.
The Order of “Parental Glory” was instituted by presidential decree in May 2008. Russia awards this honor to parents who have raised at least seven children and have shown extraordinary care for their family’s health and education, as well as their physical, mental, and moral development. Families awarded the Order are considered models that strengthen the family institution.

Valeriy Novik, a father of eight, receiving the Order of “Parental Glory” medal from President Putin.
David A. Semonian, a spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses at their world headquarters, states: “We view this award as an acknowledgment that the free Bible education provided by Jehovah’s Witnesses helps parents and their children to be productive citizens not only in Russia but all over the world. We hope that this award presented by President Putin is considered on July 17, 2017, when the Russian Supreme Court reviews the decision to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia.” Source

It's also posted on Kremlin's official website. It's nice to see President Putin pinning a prestigious award on a Jehovah's Witness who is banned for being extremist, one reason being, according to the liars, they break up families. And the award is because they are an exemplary family out of the 100's of millions of Russians.

During the trial that is to be appealed he should sit up front, and if the ban continues in effect should raise the trophy for all to see the hypocrisy of the Churches and the State.

I wonder if angels had a hand in maneuvering these events, if Jehovah God did. It reminds me a little of the story in the book of Ester.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
you have to hand it to JW they have found a faster way in to heaven if its there .
just bore you to death . lol
You know i went to there church ( ?? ) .
It doesnt matter if Christmas started as a pagan thing or if there really is a easter bunny .
Its just a thing to do with teh kids and people that is fun .
yes its fun to give gifts its fun to get candy and has little or nothing left of religion left in it .
Halloween Christmas Easter all started different tehn tehy have become at worst they are store holidays which they can get you to buy useless junk at best the kids just mite learn giving can be fun .
But i highly dout any god will be throughing lightning bolts over it .As for birthdays just a excuse for another party .
personally i never needed a excuse to have a good time .
Egds JW make the most boring bureaucrat look like MJ

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tinystarlight

If I am a Russian Judge and this is presented to me, I would have to be judicial dishonest to rule against them, with Putin doing this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join