It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preliminary reports of at least 5 Israeli airstrikes on the Damascus international airport

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
a reply to: allsee4eye

I love how Netty and Trump are often called Warmongers. Never mind the sadistic leaders of Iran, North Korea, and Syria. Or proxy killers like Russia, Saudi Arabia, and the list goes on. Conflict is an ever-present part of humanity. Using power to defend your national interests isn't warmongering. Sponsoring terror, killing civilians, threatening nuclear war, and the like...that is warmongering. Israel isn't the big bad, they just don't give two craps about being politically correct. They are a 'me first' nation, not a globalism puppet determined to turn the other cheek. In short, I love me some Israel.

When you have to cross an ocean a continent and then a desert to defend your national interests, that's warmongering.

Halliburton's war profiteering is not in our national interest.

I though Putin and Assad were the ones against the "Globalists".

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Assad is just really being such a pussy. Just blow the Goddamn jets out of the sky man! Did not he say he would try, did he at least bother to try?

a reply to: lambs to lions

Israel is definitely not puppets, they are the puppet masters.

edit on 4-27-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
An eye for and eye ? What if someone from Syria hit/bombed/missile attacked Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport... I doubt it would happen but turn about fair play and all that........ and I have many Israeli friends. What a stupid mess !

Apparently the Israeli and US (Israeli enabler) governments don't give two pieces of a brown emoji about your friends, or anyone else for that matter
edit on 27-4-2017 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 27-4-2017 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
funny how no one is noting the fact that israel bombed a site near the airport, an iranian weapons depot to be exact that iran is using to send weapons to iranian supported militants in syria.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
funny how no one is noting the fact that israel bombed a site near the airport, an iranian weapons depot to be exact that iran is using to send weapons to iranian supported militants in syria.

They liked the Fake News headline better obviously, it stroked their bias.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Somebody wants their religion to come true complete with apocalypse and pie in the sky no matter the consequences for everybody else..

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
ABC news Australia have picked it up

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 27-4-2017 by Charlyboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
He really isn't in a position to provoke Israel further and targeting Israeli aircraft (this could have been a missile strike? ) would only result in Israel attacking more targets in Syria imo. Better off fighting the enemy you can beat than one that could take out many of his forces and swing the civil war back in the rebels favour.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
He really isn't in a position to provoke Israel further and targeting Israeli aircraft (this could have been a missile strike? ) would only result in Israel attacking more targets in Syria imo. Better off fighting the enemy you can beat than one that could take out many of his forces and swing the civil war back in the rebels favour.

They just tested the new f35s against Russian air defense. Israel just received a shipment of f 35s over the weekend. I have a sneaking suspicion this was a test since russia moved s 400 to supposedly stop air strikes. This was to show the Russians they can beat their air defense system.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Israel has top notch weapons. Israel would blow Syria to smithereens within a week if they wanted to.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I don't think it was a test against S-400. I bet S-400 radar can see F-35. Stealth is pfffft just a marketing gimmick. It was not a strike on the Russian base in Latakia.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

I don't think it was a test against S-400. I bet S-400 radar can see F-35. Stealth is pfffft just a marketing gimmick. It was not a strike on the Russian base in Latakia.

An irainian arms depot is worse than attacking the airport. This is how Iran supplies its fighters in Syria. So saying it wasnt important is silly. Second the s400 were to stop air raids over damascus and have a 600 mile range. Meaning in theory they would have seen the launch in Israel. But i dont believe they did because the Russians arent going to allow the Israelis to fly all the was to damascus if they knew they were there. At the minimum they would intercept like they do with Turkey
edit on 4/27/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

There was no danger posed to the Russia base. The S-400 are there to protect the Russia base and Russia planes and Russia personnel ONLY. Russia and Israel have good relations.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Minor point, but you don't take delivery of a plane such as the F-35 and then the next week go on the offensive with it. Events happened like that during WWII, but not these days.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

There was no danger posed to the Russia base. The S-400 are there to protect the Russia base and Russia planes and Russia personnel ONLY. Russia and Israel have good relations.

VNo where did the Russians state it was only to defend an airbase your making that up. In fact they were deployed in different locations. And according to Russia were being integrated into Syria's aerial defense network. This means either the s 400 didnt see them or Assad allowed them to strike the ammunition depot. At the very least since it was supposed to be integrated you would expect aircraft to meet them especially being right near the capitol.

I think it was not a coincidence that Israel got F35s and a couple of days later entered an area that was declared off limits. Why do you think the US decided to use cruise missiles on their target??? They thought the s400 would be a threat to fighters from Turkey. So i figure even as we speak they are going over the Radar returns from the s 400. And apparently it failed assad big time.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So why are Russia, China and even Iran planning to and fielding stealth aircraft (manned and unmanned)? It is just ridiculous that you claim that it is a "marketing gimmick". Nobody is claiming that it makes the aircraft completely invisible but simply more difficult to track and target compared to a conventional aircraft. Of course there will be countermeasures to such technology but the likes of Russia and China, etc are not wasting billions on a "marketing gimmick".

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Assad is just really being such a pussy. Just blow the Goddamn jets out of the sky man! Did not he say he would try, did he at least bother to try?

a reply to: lambs to lions

Israel is definitely not puppets, they are the puppet masters.

And good on them for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The airport is within range of Israeli stand off weapons. Israel could have used the likes of Spice glide bombs launched from Israeli airspace.

Spice - wikipedia
edit on 27/4/2017 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

The airport is within range of Israeli stand off weapons. Israel could have used the likes of Spice glide bombs launched from Israeli airspace.

Spice - wikipedia

This isnt a stand off weapon its a guided bomb. The distance it travels depends out the altitude it is dropped from. Meaning within 62 miles if they are at max altitude. However that wont guarantee a hit depending on weather. if you want to guarantee a kill with 30.
edit on 4/27/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join