It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Mexico will actually be paying for the wall after all!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, if Mexico gets stiffed on forfeitures, why would they cooperate with the DOJ? The DEA?

They don't seem to be cooperating much as it is.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The THING is El Chapo is a drug dealer.

Which means anything he owns fair game.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They turned Guzman.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: olaru12

There are already forfeiture laws. That is nothing new. Law enforcement can repossess anything that is a gain of or used for selling drugs.

Most drug dealers in my area rent cars, because they regularly have their cars seized for having drugs in the car.

There are also other crimes that result in asset seizure.
That part of this is not a new thing.

The only new thing is allotting the money from Mexican drug and human traffickers for border security costs.

Do forfeiture laws cross international borders? Who holds all that money.

www.justice.gov...

That's why that money will be tied up in the courts forever. And the corrupt Mexican government will skim most of that money off piece by piece.

Not even Trump can waltz into a sovereign nation and take held assets.
edit on 26-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We can share, and still make out

Mexico isn't going to pay for the stupid wall.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they used snipers instead of a wall. I imagine we'd find it was pretty darned effective and a lot cheaper than a structure to-boot.

I'd also imagine a LOT of people would suddenly realize they wished that wall had gotten built (and a long time ago).

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Only after three escapes from Mexican prisons and credible threats against Mexican government officials. Mexico resisted extradition until it became obvious they couldn't contain him.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Good point. I picked up the human trafficking part from an interview with Cruz earlier. Maybe that is part of the plan for the future. They mentioned the cartels also making money from trafficking humans.

Human trafficking is already a reason to forfeit assets, as it is a violation of federal law, so the money could also be used for border security in the future.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Senator Cruz has a new plan to pay for the wall.

He wants Mexico to pay for it. Mexicans who are profiting from the unprotected border to make money from the drug trade would pay for the wall if his bill passes. In fact, El Chapo alone might pay for most of it.

It sounds like an excellent plan!

The title of the bill is pretty cool too:
Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order, or ELCHAPO

Ted Cruz wants El Chapo to pay for Trump’s border wall

The Republican senator from Texas is proposing the US use coc aine-tainted money forfeited by Mexican drug lord Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán to pay for President Donald Trump’s proposed wall on the nation’s southern border.

Cruz introduced a bill — called Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order, or ELCHAPO — Tuesday that would repurpose $14 billion in assets the feds plan to squeeze out of Guzman to fund the project, Axios first reported.

“Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” he said.

Wait but didn't that money come from US citizens at first? who are the end consumers and the people that made the Chapo rich in the first place? This is not "Mexican" money then, just US money that went to his pockets and back (IF they manage to get it back that is).

I wonder how though, do they have a list of properties or whatever assets the Chapo owns that they can get back, or bank accounts?
edit on 26-4-2017 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

I saw an article... I think in Forbes (I'll find it later, too sleepy right now
), that described the extent of El Chapo's assets. He launders money through all kinds of businesses, gas stations, etc. and the feds know who they are, so they plan to take them all apart. It is truly a huge empire.

And yes, there are idiots in the US who gave their money to drug dealers. They can help pay for the wall too. But the money would have ended up back in Mexico, so Mexico would still be paying for the wall instead of keeping the profits.

edit on 4/26/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
News flash. .. any of the jobs they take are ones no one wants. We face much larger problems in crumbling infrastructure, dated military, veterans health, education, social security, interest in debt than to worry about this stupid thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Maybe they should hit up the one of the 3 letter agencies for their drug trafficing profits too.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yes , all along, thats why he met with Mexicos president who basically laughed at him, thats why hes made the blatant accusation repeatedly , and threats of tariffs.....

yes THIS was the plan.......

Jesus, you Trump supporters will make any excuse to try and make Trump seem more intelligent and forward thinking than he is.....hes backed down from EVERY campaign promise he made, with only TOKEN gestures to make it seem like he was actually trying, and you guys bought it hook line and sinker........to the rest of us, its just as we said it would be......Trump is a fraud...

Cruz came up with an idea that Trump and his cronies now want to capitalize on........Just like how he tried to hijack Rand Pauls tax plan (which he has yet to even broach even though it was part of his platform)

The same Cruz that Trump demonized and tried to run down his family, even going as far as to say he had a hand in killing Kennedy........

The heck is wrong with you guys?
edit on 4/26/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Dig back in my history and you'll see I was saying this long before Ted ever thought of the idea... before the election if I remember correctly. Whatever... even if the Wall is never built, at least Trump has already dropped illegal immigration bigly.

But I'd still like it built.

It's amazing though... I started that post by stating that Trump was a second choice for me. I guess that didn't register when you read it. Selective hearing I've heard of, but selective reading comprehension?

Jesus, you Trump supporters will make any excuse to try and make Trump seem more intelligent and forward thinking than he is.....

Jesus, you anti-Trump people will twist any word you can find to make it look like Trump failed at something whether he did or not...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
If we have seized it isn't it our money?

Nope its money seized that is normally given to law enforcement agencies and victims of drug dealing. This bill will allocate it to a specific task. However considering the cheap end of 44 billion estimate to build the wall. id say this isnt mexico paying for it. A redirection of revenue that was already coming in cannot be a new stream of revenue to pay for a border wall. At best, it is an accounting trick to make it look like Mexico is paying for the wall.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

sure ya were.........

Where was Cruz caught lying again? and how does that even compute against Trumps NUMEROUS and almost incalculable lies during his run?

Please .........you clearly have blinders on , because to accuse anyone else of lying during this presidential run, and denying them your vote in favor of Trump because hes "truthful" is absolutely ludicrous..........

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

What i think is, if the money ended up in Mexico somewhere, the US can't just go and grab it at will, nor can any other country do the same to the US, so how will that money/properties go back to the US? I don't think that will happen unless an act of war is executed.

I just don't see it, the guy has made sure nothing is on his name and i find it very hard to see the current extremely corrupt Mexican government just giving up all that money they hope to share between them some day, soon.

Also i'm pretty sure whoever remains in control of the cartel is now the owner of all that money and all those properties, still under other names.
edit on 27-4-2017 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

What i think is, if the money ended up in Mexico somewhere, the US can't just go and grab it at will, nor can any other country do the same to the US, so how will that money/properties go back to the US? I don't think that will happen unless an act of war is executed.

I just don't see it, the guy has made sure nothing is on his name and i find it very hard to see the current extremely corrupt Mexican government just giving up all that money they hope to share between them some day, soon.

Also i'm pretty sure whoever remains in control of the cartel is now the owner of all that money and all those properties, still under other names.

Actually the feds go grabbing anything they find as drug transactions. If they have a bank account number they will empty it and put funds into a new account. They obviously did that here to the tune of billions

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
A wall works great at stopping airplanes, boats and tunnels. /s

A wall? It's nothing but an expensive security blanket for terrified Republicans and conservatives. *yawn*

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
A wall works great at stopping airplanes, boats and tunnels. /s

A wall? It's nothing but an expensive security blanket for terrified Republicans and conservatives. *yawn*

Hey! Don't forget catapults.

I live on the border. I KNOW when BP cracks down on one area - - the cartels/illegals move to a new location.

You know: "Build a 30 foot wall, there'll be a 32 foot ladder".

They've been using speed boats for a while to come in to the coastal areas. They've even used submarines.

Now they're using drones.

Stupid wall.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Pipe dreams of El Trumpo and co.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join