It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple message to all the members...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
(I placed this here because the odds of some people slinging mud seem a little high as of late)

I just wanted to take a moment and reach out to the folks that post on ATS, I know at times nasty things have been said by people from all sides, and at times it is great fun to troll the other side of the ideological line.

But I think it is important that we pause on occasion and remember they are normal folks just like us, they are not the enemy and if the anonymity of the internet that turns many folks into heartless trolls on occasion were removed and we knew them in real life odds are high we would all get along.

Why do I think this, I would say most of the people here got to this place by asking questions that the main stream society will not touch, this is an important thing to remember because it means we have a common bond.

No matter which side of the aisle they are politically.. or if they believe in UFO's or not... or just have a love for the idea of lost civilizations... we have questioned some aspect of the official story (no matter what forum your particular belief falls) and that means we have a starting point to build a relationship on.

So no matter how heated some threads may get please understand that I do have respect for the folks I routinely argue with... even if I do think they are wrong.

These warm feeling may be coming from being a bit to tired and strung out on energy drinks I have avoided for 3 years... but they are honest.

Keep questioning things ATS, but do not lose that respect for others whos thinking may follow a different path than your own.

MOD NOTE

This is NO LONGER in the Mud Pit!!!

edit on Thu Apr 27 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

(packs sling-shot full of fresh slimy mud)...

We just troll the paid shill leftists.

That's it.

No one else.

(FLING)!!!

True truth-seekers don't get the treatment. No such thing as a dumb question as we collectively question everything as one big happy crazy family.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And I thought it was all about aliens, ufo's and area 51.

Go figure.....

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

This current political environment has revealed some of the most interesting conspiracies that I have seen in years.
The subject fits perfectly with these forums.

Espionage, NWO, WikiLeaks, corruption at all levels and national security, surveillance, controlled MSM, all of the twists and turns, etc. etc. - are fascinating.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I would say most of the people here got to this place by asking questions that the main stream society will not touch,

I would say that the main stream is just as prevalent here. At least here you get more than one side to the story.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I Agree to Disagree with that ...........

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This is NO LONGER in the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Harden up.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not sure what to post now...didn't see anything posted yet that should have resulted in moderator intervention, yet there it is. Personally, if people are belitting you on the internet, you can be sure they are hiding behind the anonymity such venues provide. I am very clear there are real people behind the ideas posted...and would hope they would understand counterpoints to their theories...though real world events do not seem to bear that out.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Groot

This current political environment has revealed some of the most interesting conspiracies that I have seen in years.
The subject fits perfectly with these forums.

Espionage, NWO, WikiLeaks, corruption at all levels and national security, surveillance, controlled MSM, all of the twists and turns, etc. etc. - are fascinating.

Yes, but

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I admire you because you are a better person than I am.

new topics

top topics

join