It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TMZ Founder Slams Media For Criticizing His Meeting With Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A rare moment of wisdom from one of the biggest purveyors of pseudoccult celebrity culture:

I never thought I'd say this about anyone associated with TMZ (let alone the founder?) but what he is saying makes perfect sense. He's basically criticizing the media for attacking not just him, but Steve Harvey, Kanye West, and anyone who reached out to Trump and got the chance to meet with him.

His argument is basically this:

If you want to change the minds of the people you disagree with, then you have to engage them. Bullying people into a boycott only prevents meaningful dialogue and open debate with the people who's minds you seek to change, essentially boycotting any means to a solution.

Who would have thought that such a much needed reality check could have been produced by someone who distorts reality for a living?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
He's also a lawyer, so, he understands a little about conflict resolution. He's on The People's Court television show like, every single day, or whatever schedule it airs on, M-F maybe.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I think we have enough lawyers to go around, these days.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
TMZ is one of the biggest pieces of trash on TV. It is, outside of facebook/snapcrap, a champion for our lowest common denominator narcisstic and shallow exjstance.

The fact that these people spend all their time "reporting" on the lives of inconsequential trash that floats about the world of "entertainment" makes them even lower than the fools they idolize.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It must be opposites day. Or alternate reality day.
...when those we think have no common sense suddenly make sense.

I have been looking sideways at FoxNews tonight like.... what is going on here... because Juan Williams complimented Trump several times tonight and did not criticize him at all that I noticed. He even just said something like "keep it up buddy for 4 more years".

Is it a full moon?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It must be opposites day. Or alternate reality day.
...when those we think have no common sense suddenly make sense.

I have been looking sideways at FoxNews tonight like.... what is going on here... because Juan Williams complimented Trump several times tonight and did not criticize him at all that I noticed. He even just said something like "keep it up buddy for 4 more years".

Is it a full moon?

Can't beat them join them?

Might be one of those deals.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I remember when I used to hate Hannity, and when Tucker Carlson used to do Crossfire on CNN.

Now, I find myself tuning into them every other night with eager anticipation.

Oh, how the tides have turned.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Couldn't have said it better myself, I don't understand how those people can keep a strait face and convince themselves and others that the diarrhea spewing from their mouths is relevant or important in any way.

Sad thing is most of our media is becoming more and more like these gossip peddlers. Pandering to the lowest common denominator.

I for one don't care if he says 100 things that make sense, nothing makes up for his continued involvement in that industry of bottom feeders.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I have really been enjoying Tucker Carlson recently. He knows how to let people talk themselves into a hole. It is an amazing thing to watch

He has so much common sense that he knows how to ask questions that totally stump people.

edit on 4/26/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I have really been enjoying Tucker Carlson recently. He knows how to let people talk themselves into a hole. It is an amazing thing to watch

He has so much common sense that he knows how to ask questions that totally stump people.

Since Tucker has taken over for Megan, I've always wondered how his producers manage to find his guests.

You would think it might be hard to find a group of tools willing to humiliate themselves in front of the nation. Alas, there seems to be a surplus of those folk.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I've wondered the same thing myself about those self-destructive fools. The uncomfortable truth is that the human ego knows no bounds and swims in a murky pool of treacherous optimism when one is beckoned on by the TV cameras.

"Oh, how bad can I do anyway? I'm smart, clever and well spoken."

new topics

top topics

join