It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best RPG for the xbox360?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Dragons dogma was great, the combat was especially good and raining down meteors and tornados as a sorcerer was insane, but the world was limited and you had to walk from one end of the map to the other until you got hold of the ferry stones which was a serious pain in the arse.

I really like dragon age inquisition, the beards may look ridiculous and I must've spent about 15 hours aimlessly exploring the hinterlands before I realised there was other places to go to but the party mechanics, political intrigue and detonator combos were cool.

Witcher 3 has an awesome story but the first few hours were so boring that I nearly jacked it in, glad I stuck it out though because it's one of the best games ever made.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Lost Odyssey has one of the best storylines in an RPG, period. One of the sidestories genuinely brought a tear to my eye.

Blue Dragon was really enjoyable also, if you don't mind the cartoony, childlike styling. BD is almost a junior FF.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Oblivion - Still the best game I have ever played.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Dark souls 2 is my favorite on the 360... They also have a decent selection of retro rpgs in the live arcade worth checking out as well, I'm not sure if phantasy star 4 is in the 360 live arcade but if it is it comes 4 outta 5 beers from me and is a 100% must play game!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Anyone tried the Legend of Grimrock series ?
Excellent old school games.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas

/thread

This.

Whatever - your favorite video game?

Shadow of the Colossus, on the PS2. I've never been so amazed and immersed in a game before, or ever since.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

On the 360 I like Fallout 3, my favorite overall would have to be Witcher 3, I put about 500 hours into it and all the expansions. My favorite thing to do was to turn all the HUD and mini map off and play just using the map in the pause menu. It was difficult at first but it really immersed me in the environment.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas

/thread

This and Witcher 2

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Restarted Darksiders 2 and metal gear rising for Xbox 360 are pretty decent games.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Favorite 360 RPG? Lost Odyssey
Favorite RPG? Persona 4
Currently playing? Persona 5 (it may replace that previous entry when I finish too)

PS: If you like jrpgs, you should pick up a Playstation 2. That system is considered the glory years of JRPGs.
edit on 27-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Lost Odyssey has one of the best storylines in an RPG, period. One of the sidestories genuinely brought a tear to my eye.

Reading all the little backstory adventures for the main character over his 1000 year lifetime is just gripping. It really drives home the loneliness of immortality.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Deus ex human revolution was great too, not as much of an RPG as the first game but had enough to make it very cool. The conspiracy driven story was really well done. Mankind divided was decent but the story was nowhere near as expansive.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Im surprised no one has mentioned "Portal" and part 2

Great games!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It's not on the 360

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Witcher 3 has an awesome story but the first few hours were so boring that I nearly jacked it in, glad I stuck it out though because it's one of the best games ever made.

Yeah, it's definitely one of the best games I have ever played. I played all of the Witcher's 1-3... Unless you played the previous titles, the first 6-8 hours of Witcher 3 could be cumbersome.

I can't tell you how many people I know who were about five hours into the game and they were about to give it up, had one guy call me after he had about 10 hours invested and say, "Oh, my God, this game is incredible, I can't believe I almost gave up playing it."

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

What I played of it was good, but it's not a game I'd recommend for someone not very familiar with crpg turn based games.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That game was more of a puzzle/ platformer. Wouldn't classify it as an RPG at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Deus ex human revolution was great too, not as much of an RPG as the first game but had enough to make it very cool. The conspiracy driven story was really well done. Mankind divided was decent but the story was nowhere near as expansive.

Actually I just bought it new for $5 at a pawn shop. Only played it for an hour or so but it seems very cool.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Ya havent played Witcher 3 , have ya ?
Game of the Century,

No, it's not on the 360 I need to invest in a Xbox one or a ps4.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: Gothmog

It's not on the 360

Try building your own PC . Not much to it and more bang for your buck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join