It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you consider resonable gun control?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm not a US citizen, but did carry concealed for several years and still own firearms. As this seems to be a fairly US centric thread, I would propose the following.

I do believe in some form of firearms control, however as it is written into the US constitution and there are so many unregistered firearms out there, most forms of registration would be unworkable.

1. Some form of safety training should be mandated. Add firearms safety to the school curriculum. Passing this removes the need for secondary courses. In a country where the citizens cannot be trusted with a Kinder Egg, I don't think this is unreasonable.

2. The only types of firearms with limitations or restrictions in sale or transfer should be automatic weapons and explosive devices.

3. Suppressors should not be restricted. These are misunderstood and demonized by the media, yet in much of Europe they are virtually required for hunting and are considered safety equipment.

4. Committing a violent felony should remove the right to own a firearm. Rights should not be restricted for non violent crimes.

5. Serious mental health diagnosis (particularly those with psychosis, active delusions or hallucinations with reduced insight) should be a bar on firearm ownership. This should be reviewed periodically.

6. A 3 day background check should be mandated to assess the above. If none of the above limitations are noted then the sale or transfer should not be impeded.

7. CCW should be issued if all of the above are met.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
So what would you consider to be reasonable in terms of gun control?

Both hands on the gun, as much skin contact as possible, firm but not tight grip, push into the gun a little to keep recoil under control for faster follow-up shots. If it's a rifle, keep it pulled into a shoulder a little to get the same effect.

Everything else is politics and bull#.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join