a reply to: FredT
1) Over the top and costly for no reason. What happened to good fathers teaching their sons the rules of firearms and their use? My grandfather and
father taught me, it's that simple and was free. Sounds like a way to make money to me.
2) The only license you need is the one given by your creator that you may keep and bear arms for your and your countryman's defense. 2nd amendment
doesn't give you the right, it just states what the right is. People need to stop thinking the gov't or the Constitution are where their powers are
derived, they are inherit at birth.
3) I personally think in the day and age where the government has made many things that used to be a misdemeanor into felonies this should be looked
at. The only felonies that should bar gun ownership are murder, robbery, sexual assault and rape. Non-violent felonies should have gun rights
restored after paying their debt to society. Mental illness is one that I have a hard time with. Obviously there are crazies, but technically if you
officially get placed into a mental facility and are committed there for things such as depression, gun ownership is not legal per 18 USC. In my
opinion the reason you have so many depressed people is because the gov't has made this country a miserable festering place to live. Lack of morals
where they should be and self-righteousness to the point of hypocrisy where they shouldn't.
4) Individual states don't have the right to decide that, we have the right to purchase the most contemporary arms of our time, whether you like it or
not. All of these things are already regulated to the hilt through the ATF and state law. Enough is enough.
5) People should be free to sell and purchase firearms through private transactions and through a FFL and dealer. The government has no right to
regulate commerce in this area. We shall and should be free to purchase guns as long as they are not used in a crime.
6) The 3 day waiting period is enough! It already infringes on your right, that's why if they don't have it done in that time, you receive the
firearm. It's already a breach, they can't breach it any further without it being considered unreasonable. A 10 day waiting period does nothing,
except deprive rights.
7) Fully automatic weapons on some level I can concede, however the public should be (and truly does on the real level as laws are nothing but mental
constraint by men.) allowed to reserve the right to convert lower receivers in times of national emergency or duress including invasion by hostile
forces. Don't neuter yourself, you responsibly limit yourself until the call comes, if ever it should happen.
At the end of the day when it comes to firearms we MUST get away from the notion that laws will solve our ills and start looking inward to ourselves,
as we have shed so much moral from our society that some within are driven to do horrendous things. Only when America lost her homogeneity did we
start to experience things like mass shootings with the spread of globalism and progressive socialism, the self centered attitudes that end up
devaluing life. Good men will respect life, we don't give ourselves enough credit. The government cannot protect us, only we can. It is folly to
think otherwise. It starts with our children, raise them right and show them right from wrong and things like murder will become less common. You
can never remove human nature to sin though and people will be murdered until the end of time, so protect yourself.
edit on 26-4-2017 by
av8r007 because: (no reason given)