It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Rowe calls out Nordstrom because they are selling $425 jeans covered in fake mud,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Looks like dirty chic is "in". Fake mud on a pair of $425 jeans that are made in Portugal. Fake work ethic?

Nordstrom took the distressed look too far. The chain of luxury department stores is selling men’s jeans covered with “a crackled, caked-on muddy coating.”

Rugged, not afraid to get down and dirty, is the description for these fake dirty jeans.

The product description says the jeans “embody rugged” and shows “you’re not afraid to get down and dirty.”

Except people buying them probably are afraid to get dirty or else they would simply clean their gutters or garden, and not have to worry about buying $425 jeans.

Mike Rowe basically called the consumers of these jeans, rich and who see work as ironic.

www.usatoday.com...
Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs had a few choice words about the item.

“The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans aren’t pants,” Rowe said on Facebook. “They’re not even fashion. They’re a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic — not iconic.”

edit on 26-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Missed yesterday's post, huh?

ATS: You're not gonna believe this

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Believe it or not I didn't think to search every combination of every word.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

First they come out with jeans with rips and holes in them. Than they come out with jeans with spilled paint on them. Now they come out with jeans that have fake mud on them! This isn't fashion sense, it's utter stupidity! What's sad is the public falls for it and spends $$$ for clothing that my generation would feel bad for the person who couldn't afford buying a decent, presentable pair of jeans!

I remember patching our jean holes with patches, but retailers didn't market ripped-up jeans with patches on them!

Here is my take on a new style of jeans that should make millions!

JEANS WITH DOG HAIR ON THEM! Now if these Jean's start selling in stores across the country, ATS you all know who originated the idea!!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Cat too?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

First they come out with jeans with rips and holes in them. Than they come out with jeans with spilled paint on them. Now they come out with jeans that have fake mud on them! This isn't fashion sense, it's utter stupidity! What's sad is the public falls for it and spends $$$ for clothing that my generation would feel bad for the person who couldn't afford buying a decent, presentable pair of jeans!

I remember patching our jean holes with patches, but retailers didn't market ripped-up jeans with patches on them!

Here is my take on a new style of jeans that should make millions!

JEANS WITH DOG HAIR ON THEM! Now if these Jean's start selling in stores across the country, ATS you all know who originated the idea!!

For a 5% stake I can provide all the dog and cat hair you need, since my animals shed like crazy.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Hey, you're on to something! That's a total new style of jeans! Cat hair jeans... We need to make a presentation on "Shark Tank".

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Step one: Buy 5 pairs of jeans
Step two: Go to work 5 days a week
Step three: Utilize ebay
Step four: Profit

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You gotta earn those rips, paint splotches, and mud like we did when i was a youngin.

Experience is fashionable, this is garbage.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Believe it or not I didn't think to search every combination of every word.

Those declarations of "repost" always lead back to some half-as thread title.

LIke:

"L@@k at this guyz...!"

How could you miss it, bro?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Hey, you're on to something! That's a total new style of jeans! Cat hair jeans... We need to make a presentation on "Shark Tank".

There are companies in parts of CA that will come by and spray mud all over your 4wd for those rich folks who want to look like they've been mudding. Maybe they should sell their customers a few pairs of these jeans to go along with the façade.

new topics

top topics

join