It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don't want or need to hear you say anything because I already know the answers. The question is for you not me.

What was demanded? My question is quite simple and very pertinent to what actually happened.

Did the violence of the protesters infringe her right to speak?

What does government have to do with this?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I've been patient with you too. The First Amendment does not guarantee your right to free speech from each other or from any institution or (as you have said) private places.
And no the threat of violence did not infringe her right to speak. Take a look at Draw Muhammad contests and tell me if their rights were infringed.
And the conservative group demanded a specific place and a time then cancelled it. Take it up to them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So let's go back to my hypothetical question one last time.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question. 

Let's say they postpone her speech for eternity because of violent threats every time. 

Did they infringe her freedom of speech yet?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Wow you missed my answer.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You use existing laws and the Constitution to delineate 1st amendment rights vis-a-vis citizens vs government against citizen vs citizen.

Citizen versus Government completely legal, and constitutionally protected.

Citizen versus Citizen completely ILLEGAL and prohibited for the simple fact this nation was founded as a republic.

A republic where the rights of the minority are protected from the majority.

What was once peaceable assembly has been bastardized in to mob rule and protesting which is nothing more that ganging up and trying to bully someone else.

In this specific case. Coulter.

Yes there absolutely needs to be taught the difference between what is legal and what is not.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

And this is exactly why we have this problem and why this will continue to persist.

Like cowboy said, how can we fix it if we can't even agree on what free speech is?

And with that being said,

I'm done for today.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You missed my answer twice. It's right there. Dunno what to tell you. But oh well.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It may be too late, but maybe not.

The right's reaction to the left jumping the shark is becoming more deeply embedded, but its not totally irretrievable yet.

That said, in these situations I care infinitely more about results than anything else. Even if someone does not see this as an infringement on the freedom of speech, but unequivocally and universally condemns such actions, the result in reality is the same as if they did see it as an infringement.

Its not particularly important to me if someone labels an egregious act the same as me. As long as, in a case like this, they would stand by my side in order to let Coulter speak as the primary objective above and beyond anything else.

That is not what we see though. Tiptoeing around these issues in order to retain partisanship may not explicitly condone these actions. However, the "I don't really like what they did, but" reaction leaves the door open just enough for the real-world results to be the same as if they did condone it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

What they are not seeing is that we BOTH will stand by Ann. Berkeley students even said so. Doesn't matter if we don't support her view. Like I said I would defend to death your right to say it as someone famous once said it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that deaf alien is a trickster demon posing as a forum member. His goal is to endlessly drive us crazy with pointless arguments. The power of Christ compels you demon! Be gone! yeshua and god are with us!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: User1138

In the name of Zeus be gone User.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Not really free speech if you have to be paid to say it. With that said, whatever she had to say probably wasn't worth it anyway.

I am neither a conservative or a liberal, or a libertarian or a member of the alt-right. I don't know what label I am, but I do know I am not stupid and I AM able to think deeply about ANY issue.

If you think people like Milo and Coulter are doing what they are doing just for personal gain (material, influential etc.), and think that alone is enough to suppress their right to freedom of speech, then it is people like YOU who have truly have lost the meaning behind the word "objective freedom of speech".

If you disagree, show me THREE sentences from either of them (that was not put into context at the time or asked for clarification about at the time) that is HATE SPEECH (not "bordering on" or "giving them a platform" for others who do hate ) in ANY one of their speeches at a university. Go ahead, try. I dare you.

Anybody who can NOT see this is censorship in one of its worst forms ever is either lying because they don't like the truth, are afraid that even examining the truth might be hurtful to them or their belief system, or are actually too stupid to be in the position to prevent others from exercising their right to free speech.

Go on, I double dare you now to try and meet my challenge. Your "world" might come crumbling down if you do, but is the truth more important than your current believe system? You decide, now.

edit on 29/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I'll show you THREE WORDS Milo said.
"I'm a troll"

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
I'll show you THREE WORDS Milo said.
"I'm a troll"

So then you believe in Zeus? I also love to remember the Greek god of thunder! Can we discuss him in a different thread? Shall I expect your participation there when it happens?

Your last post before this one:

a reply to: User1138

In the name of Zeus be gone User.

edit on 29/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

hmm, you lost me a little there with the wording there. I agree that we are a train careening over a cliff as I said earlier. Antifa and their enablers are dynamite vest wearing death cultists, shoveling coal into the engine, the media pushing the accelerator, while people like trump, fat cat business interests are lightly applying the brakes. The armchair pseudo intellectuals, and sheeple are blissfully ignorant passengers most of which could care less about the cliff. but how do the passengers stop the train? its guarded by a deep state with like laser turrets.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

No, your intelligence meter is broken. THINK Deaf Alien, THINK!

Why would I post you a serious question when I know it was a ridiculous question to ask? (I knew it was sarcasm. I still know it was sarcasm. The only choice is THINK or try to delete your previous post because you realise what I am getting at.)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Not really free speech if you have to be paid to say it. With that said, whatever she had to say probably wasn't worth it anyway.

I am neither a conservative or a liberal, or a libertarian or a member of the alt-right. I don't know what label I am, but I do know I am not stupid and I AM able to think deeply about ANY issue.

If you think people like Milo and Coulter are doing what they are doing just for personal gain (material, influential etc.), and think that alone is enough to suppress their right to freedom of speech, then it is people like YOU who have truly have lost the meaning behind the word "objective freedom of speech".

If you disagree, show me THREE sentences from either of them (that was not put into context at the time or asked for clarification about at the time) that is HATE SPEECH (not "bordering on" or "giving them a platform" for others who do hate ) in ANY one of their speeches at a university. Go ahead, try. I dare you.

Anybody who can NOT see this is censorship in one of its worst forms ever is either lying because they don't like the truth, are afraid that even examining the truth might be hurtful to them or their belief system, or are actually too stupid to be in the position to prevent others from exercising their right to free speech.

Go on, I double dare you now to try and meet my challenge. Your "world" might come crumbling down if you do, but is the truth more important than your current believe system? You decide, now.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Think about what? I don't believe in Zeus. Apparently User thinks that I am a demon and he was calling on the name of Christ to compel me out of here.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join