It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's no myth.

Leftists/Democrats created the KKK, The Copperheads.

It was conservatives that fought to supposedly free the slaves.

Liberals fought to keep it intact.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I hate to say it, but this issue may need to be pushed until they end up killing someone in their frenzy to shut down speakers they don't like.

What's to like about Ann Coulter.

Her goal is to sell books.

Do we pick and choose on this site who is OK to sell books and who isn't?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko
I hate to say it, but this issue may need to be pushed until they end up killing someone in their frenzy to shut down speakers they don't like.

What's to like about Ann Coulter.

Her goal is to sell books.

Do we pick and choose on this site who is OK to sell books and who isn't?

I wasn't aware this was about liking or disliking.

This is about people being invited to speak by campus groups and then being shut down because other groups violently protest their mere presence on campus.

If those people don't want to hear her, they simply don't go. I know it's a radical concept and hard to figure out, but it really does work. They don't need to destroy the place to not hear her.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That's no myth.

Leftists/Democrats created the KKK, The Copperheads.

It was conservatives that fought to supposedly free the slaves.

Liberals fought to keep it intact.

Wrong.

www.splcenter.org...

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko

Like how the Westboro Baptist Church and KKK are embedded with the rest of the "rightists"? Sure.

Well, Islamic terrorists and Muslims are still all Muslims ...

Do ANTIFA have differing views and aims from leftists? Or are they still leftists, just far more extreme - to the point of violence?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Do Westboro Baptist Church have differing views and aims from yours?
See I can play your game.
edit on 4/26/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Right and Clinton Gore never used this.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: underwerks
Holding a conservative rally in Berkeley is like holding a KKK rally on the westside of Chicago. Of course it isn't going to go down without some drama. Milo, Coulter, everyone knows this, which is why they schedule so many events in Berkeley.

What better way to trick conservatives into thinking there's a war against them? Even though they won the White House and most of the other seats in government. Hmmmmm....

Comparing conservatives -- who outnumber you leftists by a large margin, with the KKK is truly disgusting.

Has nothing to do with any relation between conservative's and the KKK. Just an illustration of difference between groups.

I'm glad it served it's purpose as a conservative trigger though.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

KKK supports Trump.
Your point?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Do Westboro Baptist Church have differing views and aims from yours?
See I can play your game.

Actually, yes.

Old Fred was a Democrat.
edit on 26-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sure both sides have extremists that drop some values and go further to the left and to the right.
They are few. Most of us are stuck in the middle. I'm just tired of people from the right lumping us together with those prone to violence.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
www.nytimes.com...

Ann Coulter Says She Will Pull Out of Speech at Berkeley

Ann Coulter said Wednesday that she is canceling her planned speech at the University of California, Berkeley, because she had lost the backing of conservative groups that had initially sponsored her appearance.

Ms. Coulter, in a message to The New York Times, said, “It’s a sad day for free speech.”

Despite insisting that she would go to Berkeley regardless — even after the university said it could not accommodate her on the date and time it had initially scheduled her because of threats of violence — Ms. Coulter said she did not see how she could go forward. The school said she could speak only at a later date and an earlier time of day, when there were likely to be fewer students on campus and less of a likelihood for violent outbreaks.

Late on Tuesday, the conservative group that was helping Ms. Coulter in her legal efforts to force Berkeley to host her, Young America’s Foundation, said it could no longer participate. “Young America’s Foundation will not jeopardize the safety of its staff or students,” the group said.

The Berkeley College Republicans, which invited Ms. Coulter and was supposed to sponsor her visit, also backed out and joined Young America’s Foundation in saying the atmosphere had grown too hostile.

Her supporters (The Berkeley College Republicans,Young America’s Foundation) pulled out from threats of violence.
The school itself wanted to change venues because of fear of violence.

All because they didn't like what Ann Coulter says.

The leftists at Berkeley and those that don't support free speech should be very proud of themselves today.

It is a victory for censorship, a victory for silence through fear and intimidation.

Good for you all. *applause*

Maybe if you all threaten more, cause more violence, maybe more people will stop saying things you disagree with.

You've got a great start at Berkeley.

All Federal funding should be dropped...the school should be fined to impeding the Constitutional right of the speaker...anyone committing acts of violence should be fined, expelled and imprisoned if required. You have the left worried about Russia interfering in our elections? How about the fascists interfering with our educational system?

I'll say it again...the liberal, progressive left have become a radicalized religion willing to lie, cheat, steal and commit crimes including violence. They are no different than ISIS especially when you include the BLM thugs who called for the murder of police which was immediately followed by the murder of police. This an other Colleges are the radical Mosques of America, teaching hate and their religion above the Constitution and the laws of our country.

They should be treated identical to ISIS...destroy them and their radical, religious ideas that call for the silence and sometimes death of all but those of their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Holding a conservative rally in Berkeley is like holding a KKK rally on the westside of Chicago. Of course it isn't going to go down without some drama. Milo, Coulter, everyone knows this, which is why they schedule so many events in Berkeley.

What better way to trick conservatives into thinking there's a war against them? Even though they won the White House and most of the other seats in government. Hmmmmm....

Comparing conservatives -- who outnumber you leftists by a large margin, with the KKK is truly disgusting.

Has nothing to do with any relation between conservative's and the KKK. Just an illustration of difference between groups.

Any time you want to meet here in Seattle and discuss it civilly, we can talk about who really gets "triggered".

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Sure both sides have extremists that drop some values and go further to the left and to the right.
They are few. Most of us are stuck in the middle. I'm just tired of people from the right lumping us together with those prone to violence.

While each individual should be viewed and considered independently...if you choose to belong to a group and that group is radicalized and that group's leaders do not call for the end of this type of action...you ARE lumped in. What is the old saying...if you sleep with dogs you get fleas.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Any time you want to meet here in Seattle and discuss it civilly, we can talk about who really gets "triggered".

No doubt. We have a monthly event called Think and Drink, where we all get together at a different bar every month and discuss everything that comes to mind. It's moderated by a couple local authors. You're welcome any time.

I look forward to it.

edit on 26-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I have called for the end of this type of action many many times. Have you called the end of Westboro Baptist Church and KKK actions? Uh huh.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I despise Ann Coulter. I think she is a predatory, panderer with myopic, dumbed down rhetoric.

They censored her by intimidation. She should be allowed to be heard. It's so very, very wrong and hypocritical to shut down voices just because we don't like their rhetoric or overall stance. She wasn't threatening anyone, and even I would say that she doesn't spout hate.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sigh, ok, let's go

I won't speak for everyone, but over 90% of Antifa are anarchist, some being Marxist, Leninist, etc

since anarchy is Anti-Fascist it inherently goes hand in hand. we are not backed by Soro's, Obama's Army, Russian Agitators, Angry Liberals, Pissed-off Clinton supporters, Police Trained, or any "Other" excuses people seem to claim out of pure ignorance, Antifa is not a new thing that sprung up because of "Trump" Antifa has existed for decades across the world

That being said, denying a platform is not "Anti-Free Speech" I have explained this with more nuance in this topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: underwerks

I'm curious, what do you form your opinions from?

That does work both ways.

Ever met Coulter or Milo ?

I've tried to debate Milo at two different colleges here on the west coast, but he will only debate in public someone who he pre-approves.

So no, I haven't. But not for lack of trying. I wonder how different the responses from "liberals" would be at these places if people like Coulter and Milo actually had an event where everyone could debate with them.

Why would Milo agree to debate you, on a college campus, when you can't even hold your own here?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I have called for the end of this type of action many many times. Have you called the end of Westboro Baptist Church and KKK actions? Uh huh.

Absolutely! The KKK, that "church" and many others are not only complete asses and if they were to disappear, it would make my day. I'll tell you why. First...they are wrong, evil and a problem. Second...they make me and those like me look like asses by association. Unfortunately even idiots have a right to free speech...but as long as it is only speech...I must give them that. When it turns to violence, destruction, taking or preventing others from their rights, etc...lock them up.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join