It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree with you.

(and just put a bag over her head and imagine it is Maya Angelou reading poetry that people find offensive)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Good post. Most people on both sides do not support this. The bipartisan crap only serves to divide us further apart. We need to work together. And we need to stop believing the media bulls***.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I may feel grimy for doing anything positive in regards to Ann Coulter though

Doesn't matter.

People don't have to like each other but there is inalienable rights that are self evident.

ALL men are created equal.

Everyone has rights.

Even the people we don't like.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

lol how can we work together when we can't even agree on what color the floor we're standing on is?
edit on 28-4-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: User1138

We can work together if you are willing.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

will has nothing to do with it, you mean if I do what you tell me? lol no thanks
edit on 28-4-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Huh? Have I been telling you what to do?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

By agreeing with the street gangs that run Berkeley, you made me your enemy. I would never have any faith in anything you said because you are stupid. aYou would likely fu*k up a cup of coffee if I tasked you with it. You'd come up with something like the Coffee beans weren't naturally sourced or some sh!t so I couldn't brew it because I stand in solidarity with nature.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Quote me where I said I agree with Antifa. I'll wait.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You said some # about not being a free speech issue, it clearly is.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Still waiting.

(post by User1138 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It seems that some people's minds are so closed that they think that anyone who thinks that this isn't a free speech issue supports Antifa. It demonstrates the power of right-wing propaganda.
And for the record this certainly isn't a First Amendment issue.

edit on 4/28/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Good post. Most people on both sides do not support this. The bipartisan crap only serves to divide us further apart. We need to work together. And we need to stop believing the media bulls***.

Well, this is one of those things that easier said than done, right? Its not even terribly difficult to think we are "all for" working with people who think and approach things vastly differently. We are almost programmed to say "we need to work together, but.."

In a society where so, so much interaction is done through words, I think it becomes easier for there to be a massive discrepancy in what we say and what we do. Even between what we think we are doing, and what we are actually accomplishing. And that's important, even if it involves a hard look in the mirror.

Is it more important to prove we are right, internet-debate-style, or recognize the reality of where this is going? In this very thread, time has been spent cementing the divide instead of trying to work out how we could do better.

I mean, even if you (general you) don't view this to be an explicit denial of someones first amendment rights.. well.. is it more important to prove that point or stop the trainwreck? That's a genuine question, because we can't do both.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I understand your point. This certainly isn't a First Amendment issue because it protects us from the government. Is the University a government entity because it receives funding from the government? Hard to tell.
But yeah you're right. Instead of bickering we should work together to stop this trainwreck called Antifa. /b/ and /pol/ have been doing a good job exposing them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

60 odd pages of back and forth and we can't even agree as to whether or not this is a free speech issue.

ANTIFA is nothing.

They are worthless.

The problem is with us. If we can agree on what free speech is, then we can't really move on.

Hell, it's gotten to the point where I ignore many because what they say isn't going to be germane to the topic but an insult on me. I've even grown tired of insulting the other posters.

Free speech is a litmus test to any society. If it is protected, cherished, defended, then the society is stable.

if it isn't, then the society is sick, diseased.

Our society is sick. In my opinion.

People want civil speech, they want un-offensive speech. They don't respect, desire, or even understand what free speech is or even respect the importance of free speech.

We have a long way to travel. Maybe too far.

I don't know.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Let's just be honest, some people care more about their partisanship than the issue of free speech.

Perfect example; reverse the roles, and the tone changes as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

They'd rather defend an ideology instead of defending free speech.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Of course the Antifa would. We've agreed on that millions of pages ago. And we've agreed that nobody here is defending this (except that one person which probably is a troll anyway).

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Because let's be honest again, this is exactly what their ideology breeds.

I can almost guarantee if the roles were reversed, those that are against it would still be against it, and we wouldn't see this much deflection.

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join