It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Is this congress?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: User1138

Now, don't make me go and find the video of the gay solider who was booed at a GOP presidential debate.

This is why I said earlier that posting one video or image as a reply isn't a very satisfying and engaging way to have a conversation. I guess it works for you, which is great. I just don't find it all that interesting.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Fascism is an ideology, fighting it doesn't make you into that ideology, so again, false equivalency

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

If reality isn't a good enough argument, what is slick?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So if I wanted to fight Islam, by telling a kid to become a martyr and blow himself up in the mosque, it's OK because I'm fighting Islam?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Your brain is a false equivelency

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Don't you people say all people do is call you names and attack you?

(post by User1138 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: nm

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: User1138

If reality isn't a good enough argument, what is slick?

I didn't say anything about an argument. I said posting images as replies isn't an interesting, engaging way to have a dialogue. But that's just me.

The reason I feel this way is that you or I can go out and find a one-off story or image to heighten the emotion around just about anything.

Politicians do this all the time, where they'll talk about how they met so and so at the factory, and how this person showed them pictures of their pets and children as they wept about how some refugees had moved in next door, and now there are people parking on the street in the cul de sac, when before it was so quiet.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yeah. Insulting others is a sign that they realize they are losing the argument.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

We never had a discussion, you started by calling a mental midget

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Which argument? we run the country don't we? doing pretty well so far?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Your posting of a completely unrelated vid made you not part of any argument

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

"Raise awareness" is a term the stoners used to support the need for Woodstock. Im pretty skeptical about that particular term. in 2012, awareness was raised regarding Kony. Look how that turned out.

"Raising awareness" is code speak for "deploying memes". Screaming into the abyss. That kind of stuff.

I'd rather we raise standards. Like questioning why this particular campus tends to repeatedly be a flashpoint for violent liberal political protests.

maybe why your "questioning" that is because violence is a 2 way street. so, radical righties go where they will get the most attention, and the radical leftists give it to them, instead of ignoring them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2017 by User1138 because: nm

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I apologize, if i wasn't more conversational.

[/sarcasm] Thing is that is the exact problem with the right we just go on about "facts" and not enough about feels. We shouldn't hold any power, we should sit around and just have more conversations. We don't need to actually do anything. [sarcasm]

My manners are not as high class as yours, I just call em' like I see em' and i'm just showing examples of noticeable patterns. People are trying to say these are just faces in the clouds, is the problem.
edit on 28-4-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

geez, it was like this and worse during the 60's...just like a liberal student wouldn't go to oral Roberts university, republican students do not have to go to Berkley...

With about a 12 to 1 ratio of liberal professors to conservative professors it kind of limits what colleges conservative students should go to by your logic. Do you feel that 100% far left or right environment is a good educational program?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Actually Liberty University is a good school, believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Xtrozero

Actually Liberty University is a good school, believe it or not.

What is the likelihood of riots and threats there if Rachel Maddow went there to talk?

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join