It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I believe it was Kaylaluv who said police warned the university and so she assumed that they didn't have the manpower to control the anticipated at least 150 mob like during the Milo situation. So they jumped ship to avoid the 150.

Just putting all the info people are delivering in this thread together. Just a gentle reminder of the 150.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: icanteven

Exactly. The people here are being played through their outrage. It'd be comical if the people in this thread didn't take themselves so seriously.

But seeing as how they seem dead serious, it's pretty unsettling how easy it is to turn people against each other.

Maybe one day eyes will open and everyone will notice who the real enemy is, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hint: It's not each other.

our country is best described as a train careening over a cliff ( represented as a Totalitarian hive-mind group-think technocratic globalist elite controlled enslavement). One side is a dynamite vest wearing death cultist pushing the accelerator, the other, a fat cat business crony pulling the brake. we will not and cannot pull the full brake. The global elite in charge rigged it so.
edit on 28-4-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
were i in the role of educator it would be different. That is all im saying. Control access to the campus if need be to address the issue.

if you are asking if i could do that particular part of their job better, i think i can.

The April 15th incidents didn't occur on UC property.

The fault lies with Berkeley the city, not Berkeley the campus.

They are the same group of roving brown shirts that are being spoken out against. the same ones the mayor of berkley and berkley PD are letting run free

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: User1138

Exactly. The people here are being played through their outrage. It'd be comical if the people in this thread didn't take themselves so seriously.

But seeing as how they seem dead serious, it's pretty unsettling how easy it is to turn people against each other.

Maybe one day eyes will open and everyone will notice who the real enemy is, but I'm not holding my breath.

our country is best desribed as a train headed over a cliff. One side is a dynamite vest wearing death cultist pushing the accelerator, the other, a fat cat business crony pulling the brake. we will not and cannot pull the full brake. The global elite in charge rigged it so.

Or, we're just a country of people who are being played against each other by the ones that stand to benefit from division.

Media pundits make a lot of money from outrage. And as evidenced by this thread, some people want to feel that. Is it a coincidence that feelings of outrage and ego (My side is right!!) activate and use the same neural pathways as some addictive drugs?

Probably. But it isn't coincidence that those feelings and ideas are used to control people.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

This. People are seeking out reasons to turn against one another. It is frightening, indeed.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I likely would have cancelled the event, too. If that matters. Since i am "for profit", its likely I would have declined to begin with. We have very expensive properties and the risk of damage (and GL insurance increases) isn't something that is sound management.

Accepting Ann Coulter into my venue, if it went south, would ensure i lost my job. No doubt. Its unfortunate, but risk and risk and cost is cost.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

our country is best desribed as a train headed over a cliff. One side is a dynamite vest wearing death cultist pushing the accelerator, the other, a fat cat business crony pulling the brake. we will not and cannot pull the full brake. The global elite in charge rigged it so.

Or, we're just a country of people who are being played against each other by the ones that stand to benefit from division.

Media pundits make a lot of money from outrage. And as evidenced by this thread, some people want to feel that. Is it a coincidence that feelings of outrage and ego (My side is right!!) activate and use the same neural pathways as some addictive drugs?

Probably. But it isn't coincidence that those feelings and ideas are used to control people.

Says the dynamite vest wearing death cultist, who are "they" exactly if not a group of rich power brokers pulling all the strings?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Says the dynamite vest wearing death cultist, who are "they" exactly if not a group of rich power brokers pulling all the strings?

That you think I'm a dynamite vest wearing death cultist because I disagree with you illustrates my point perfectly.

link   

originally posted by: icanteven

Holding a conservative rally in Berkeley is like holding a KKK rally on the westside of Chicago. Of course it isn't going to go down without some drama. Milo, Coulter, everyone knows this, which is why they schedule so many events in Berkeley.

What better way to trick conservatives into thinking there's a war against them? Even though they won the White House and most of the other seats in government. Hmmmmm....

It's indeed just theater. It doesn't mean squat about free speech or censorship. It's just a talk by a right wing entertainer at a school known for its liberal bent. Nothing more. Both sides benefit from the drama. Political symbiosis, if anything. Look how much talk it's generated on ATS alone.

Lol it's like you brain is a Bentley, designed specifically so you don't feel any bumps in the road

If you base your opinion on single images and one-off stories, then there's no reason to engage. I guess I could post an image of an occupy protester getting roughed up. Then you could post another image of some poor right winger getting smacked. And so on. But what's the point?

When people protest, they put their body on the line. No protest is guaranteed to be safe. They rouse passionate feelings on both sides. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a protest.

In the gay community, being out and who you are is a political act. What I mean by this is, just living your everyday life and minding your own businesses makes people angry. I've borne the brunt of a homophobe's outrage while out with friends on the Blue Ridge parkway because I sounded like a f**king queer, to use the basher's words. We stopped at an overlook, and were laughing and taking pictures, like college kids do, and then after those words, almost before they had a chance to register, WHAM, my nose is bloodied and the coward raced off. My crime was keeping to myself.

But I still get out and march today. I support others in their protests. It comes with risk, and is not for everyone.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I likely would have cancelled the event, too. If that matters. Since i am "for profit", its likely I would have declined to begin with. We have very expensive properties and the risk of damage (and GL insurance increases) isn't something that is sound management.

Accepting Ann Coulter into my venue, if it went south, would ensure i lost my job. No doubt. Its unfortunate, but risk and risk and cost is cost.

The fact that it comes to that exemplifies the level of oppression being applied.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yes, instead of managing criminal acts of violence... let's manage the peaceful speakers by silencing them so property doesn't face damage and so insurance rates don't go up. At least we can manage profit! Who cares about managing crime. Fear the 150!!!
edit on 28-4-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: User1138

as a business man, i leave it to the educational and academic leaders of our country to improve on that situation. I can't be the one who teaches everyone in the world, nor can you. As a part of a civilization, we create (and pay for) systems that handle this function for us.

All im really asking here is that the Universities and other educational platforms in our nation do better (and for the Federal Government to get out of the way, but that's another rant). I do not expect people to be put in danger for someone to speak for profit. But i also do not believe we should have painted ourselves into that corner, either.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Its my job. Im paid to do that. I don't make a habit out of being a bad employee. Criticize that all you want...your complaint is with people who want to destroy property. Its asinine to think a property owner should not protect their property, or that other peoples first amendment rights supercede my property rights.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Holding a conservative rally in Berkeley is like holding a KKK rally on the westside of Chicago. Of course it isn't going to go down without some drama. Milo, Coulter, everyone knows this, which is why they schedule so many events in Berkeley.

What better way to trick conservatives into thinking there's a war against them? Even though they won the White House and most of the other seats in government. Hmmmmm....

It's indeed just theater. It doesn't mean squat about free speech or censorship. It's just a talk by a right wing entertainer at a school known for its liberal bent. Nothing more. Both sides benefit from the drama. Political symbiosis, if anything. Look how much talk it's generated on ATS alone.

Lol it's like you brain is a Bentley, designed specifically so you don't feel any bumps in the road

If you base your opinion on single images and one-off stories, then there's no reason to engage. I guess I could post an image of an occupy protester getting roughed up. Then you could post another image of some poor right winger getting smacked. And so on. But what's the point?

When people protest, they put their body on the line. No protest is guaranteed to be safe. They rouse passionate feelings on both sides. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a protest.

In the gay community, being out and who you are is a political act. What I mean by this is, just living your everyday life and minding your own businesses makes people angry. I've borne the brunt of a homophobe's outrage while out with friends on the Blue Ridge parkway because I sounded like a f**king queer, to use the basher's words. We stopped at an overlook, and were laughing and taking pictures, like college kids do, and then after those words, almost before they had a chance to register, WHAM, my nose is bloodied and the coward raced off. My crime was keeping to myself.

But I still get out and march today. I support others in their protests. It comes with risk, and is not for everyone.

The difference is that you, no matter how much you protest, no matter what anti-hate laws you enact, no matter how many religious groups you bash, will never get to dictate what people think. The bill of rights was written by a bunch of radicals who knew that this experiment called America could lead to the best country in the world. You want to exchange your oppression for others. it. will. never. happen.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: DBCowboy

Theirs nothing so anger making as libtard leftie granola munching hippy fascists denying the conservative voice of reason.

Why is it conservatives are the only inteligent viewpoints put forth nowadays?

why?...well, ironically, you left out the 2nd l in intelligent.....

definitions...
1...libtard...someone who is liberal and retarded, can you cite a retarded person's political beliefs?
2...granola munching...only liberals eat granola?
3...hippy....someone from the 60's protesting the nam war, 1/2 a century in the past reference?
4...fascists...liberals cannot be fascists, right-wingers can be fascists

and your "conservative voice of reason" elected trump, which makes "W" look good...who's going to be the next republican nominee for president, Palin or kid rock.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

But it is speeches like this that raise awareness to the group-think going on at campuses/media worldwide. Gen z is seeing almost nothing but unopposed viewpoints at schools, by the media, and by social aristocracy, and are catching on to and supporting outside arguments, if only to have a bigger forum than what they are seeing.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

They don't care about your property now, what makes you think that by appeasing them... they will ever respect your property?

And it's not like these speakers are making violent threats against anyone... they are not the criminals here. I see your point but you're short sighted. If you continue to comply to criminal behavior, then you're putting your property into the hands of criminals for safety and protection... in which case, because of the violent threats- you know that they don't give a flying fug about your property.

It would then be more cost efficient to manage that criminal behavior and nip it in the bud before it grows into a ruling force that never respected your property from the very beginning and will milk you dry for all your profit in the end.

Just a gentle reminder, the 150 can easily turn into 150,000, and more. Fear!
edit on 28-4-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The difference is that you, no matter how much you protest, no matter what anti-hate laws you enact, will never get to dictate what people think. The bill of rights was written by a bunch of radicals who knew that this experiment called America could lead to the best country in the world. You want to exchange your oppression for others. it. will. never. happen.

Oh, I know not everyone will change. But a lot of opinions have been changed over the years to the point where hatred of gays is no longer socially acceptable at large. There will always be those that get angry for irrational reasons, based on something as uncontrollable as my effeminate-sounding voice, like I shared in my story.

I don't know what you mean by that I want to exchange my oppression for others, so I can't comment on that.

I own my story; It's my life. I feel lucky to be alive to witness liberation, and I'm grateful for founding father's who knew they weren't perfect. Even though some folks talk about the founders like they're infallible. What I'm grateful for is they set in motion a process to help us form a more perfect union.

For some of us, elements of perfection take longer to achieve than others who have fought for their rights and have won.

edit on 28-4-2017 by icanteven because: changed last sentence. Still needs work, but is a little better.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The oppression I am referring to is the de-platforming of conservatives from Schools, Media, Society, things like Religious persecution, etc.

The anger you are experiencing is (from my point of view) not personal. It comes from this line of thinking:

If someone cool happens also to be gay, bi, trans, or eskimo, you and I will hear about it. If you are less proud of what you do than who you do then you're considered cool. We've moved so far from a color blind society that even the color blind have their own society. If you need to tell me you're gay, i'm thinking your not really gay. I'm just thinking your boring. Right now as i write this, the media is reporting a gay man trying to make the nfl. Remove "gay" from the equation, and the reporter has to find another story. The story will will never be "Gay man doesn't give a # about being gay."

Stretch this infestation of cool-aid over the past 3 decades and it's no wonder the streets are flooded with asexual mopes who talk from the back of their throats as they bowl in Brooklyn ironically. How we got to a place where men in skinny jeans rank higher in achievement and status than men in military-issued camo is mental gymnastics beyond the limits of my simple, sodden brain.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
These snowflakes are going to cause a real crisis. Some day, they are going to push and shove and hit the wrong group, and all hell will break loose.

Suddenly, violently protesting any venue will escalate to the point of no return.

Lucky for us, they don't like guns. We do.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join