It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gryphon66

You have no evidence to the contrary.

I didn't make the claim.

Do you have any evidence to back up your opinion, or not?

There are 38,000 students at UC Berkeley. How many were involved in any violent acts? How many threatened any violent acts?

I think you're full of mud.

You're entitled to your own opinion

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It seems as though its a school happy to cater to professors who teach and instruct people in extreme ideologies which have resulted in violence and threats of violence.

Hey link me to the course syllabus and Professors bio that run those lectures! ....And no, you can't link to DBs ATS threads profile and social wall page.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You have no evidence to the contrary.

I didn't make the claim.

Do you have any evidence to back up your opinion, or not?

There are 38,000 students at UC Berkeley. How many were involved in any violent acts? How many threatened any violent acts?

I think you're full of mud.

You're entitled to your own opinion

Yeah, but see the difference is, I have FACTS that support my opinion.

Like I said there are 38,000 students at Berkeley. Actually, there are over 40,0000. UC Berkeley Fall Enrollment Data

There was no violence at the protest last night. The only other violence was around the defunct Milo appearance, and that involved according to police reports no more than 100-150 individuals, and there is no proof how many of that 150 were students. LA Times

So, worst case scenario, 150 agitators / 40,000 students ... what's the percentage there; can you do the math?

Assuming you can't or won't ... that's around 0.375% of the student body AT WORST.

Your claim is utter nonsense.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I see the point of my post flew 100 feet over your head.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Thanks, so the Federal contribution is less than 14.4%.

I would imagine that it is actually significantly under that. I didn't do a detailed analysis, but I did note that some of that federal funding is directly to non-student, non-teaching, applications.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

I am would not discard the idea is the 99%ers.

Thet aren't particularly left or right and would live to see the system imploded.

Berkeley has always been a very weird place, its like a magnet for extremest thoughts and ideals of the very far left. I think they cultivate this with the professors they hire and the students they select to attend. They think it is smart, I just think it is a form of immaturity.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yah, UC Berkeley is nothing more than a left-wing kumbayah party ...

What utter ignorant rot!

Here's just a few of the innovations and inventions developed at UC Berkeley:

Polygraph (lie detector) - invented by John Augustus Larson and a police officer from the Berkeley Police Department in 1921.

Vitamin E - Gladys Anderson Emerson isolates Vitamin E in a pure form in 1952.[106]

Carbon 14 & Photosynthesis - Martin Kamen and Sam Ruben first discovered carbon 14 in 1940, and Nobel laureate Melvin Calvin and his colleges used carbon 14 as a molecular tracer to reveal the carbon assimilation path in photosynthesis, known as Calvin cycle.[107]

Deep sea diving - Joel Henry Hildebrand used helium with oxygen to mitigate decompression sickness.

Cyclotron - Ernest O. Lawrence created a particle accelerator in 1934. 16 elements have been discovered at Berkeley (astatine, neptunium, plutonium, curium, americium, berkelium, californium, einsteinium, fermium, mendelevium, nobelium, lawrencium, dubnium, seaborgium, technetium, and molybdenum).[31][32]

Flu vaccine - Wendell M. Stanley and collegus discovered the vaccine in the 1940s.

Atomic bomb - J. Robert Oppenheimer professor of physics at UC Berkeley was the wartime director of Los Alamos National Laboratory and the Manhattan Project.

Hydrogen bomb - Edward Teller, the father of hydrogen bomb, was a professor at Berkeley and a researcher at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory & Los Alamos National Laboratory.

Wetsuit - Hugh Bradner invents first wetsuit 1952. Molecular clock - Allan Wilson discovery in 1967.

Oncogene - Peter Duesberg discovers first cancer causing gene in a virus 1970's.

SPICE - Donald O. Pederson develops the Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis (SPICE) 1972.

Carcinogens - Identified chemicals that damage DNA. The Ames test was described in a series of papers in 1973 by Bruce Ames and his group at the University. Project Genie -

DARPA funded project. It produced an early time-sharing system including the Berkeley Timesharing System, which was then commercialized as the SDS 940. Concepts from Project Genie influenced the development of the TENEX operating system for the PDP-10, and Unix, which inherited the concept of process forking from it.[108]

Unix co-creator Ken Thompson worked on an Project Genie while at Berkeley. Berkeley UNIX/Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) - The Computer Systems Research Group was a research group at Berkeley that was dedicated to enhancing AT&T Unix operating system and funded by Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. Bill Joy modified the code and released it in 1977 under the open source BSD license, starting an open-source revolution.

Berkeley RISC - David Patterson leads ARPA's VLSI project of microprocessor design 1980-1984.[109]

Telomerase - Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Carol Greider, and Jack Szostak discover enzyme that promotes cell division and growth 1985.

Microscopic motor - Richard S. Muller invents the first electrically powered microscopic motor in 1988.

Tcl programming language - developed by John Ousterhout in 1988.[110]

Keck Telescope - Jerry Nelson helped build one of the worlds largest telescopes in 1992.

Immunotherapy of cancer - James P. Allison discovers and develops monoclonal antibody therapy that uses the immune system to combat cancer 1992-1995.

Dark energy - Saul Perlmutter and a lot of other people in the Supernova Cosmology Project discover the universe is expanding because of dark energy 1998.

Antimalarial medication - Jay Keasling creates affordable malarial drug 2006.

CRISPR gene editing - Jennifer Doudna discovers a precise and inexpensive way for manipulating DNA in human cells.

GIMP - In 1995 Spencer Kimball and Peter Mattis began developing GIMP as a semester-long project at Cal Berkeley.

Source

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Thanks, so the Federal contribution is less than 14.4%.

I would imagine that it is actually significantly under that. I didn't do a detailed analysis, but I did note that some of that federal funding is directly to non-student, non-teaching, applications.

Yeah, I took the most conservative number.

It's certainly not 65% as was ignorantly claimed above.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Yeah really congrats Berkeley!

Job well done.

Applause,Applause.

Got any more books ya want to burn ?

ann, don't let the door his you on your skinny ass on the way out...c'mon, she did this to get attention from your kind so she can sell more books, and book more vulgar speeches...she knows her audience and she knows how to make a buck off of the slopped-headed

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Stop bringing reality into this thread! People around here don't like that, you know.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Stop bringing reality into this thread! People around here don't like that, you know.

LOL... yeah, I know.

Sadly, that virus of willful ignorance seems to be growing around ATS.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: SmilingROB

I am would not discard the idea is the 99%ers.

Thet aren't particularly left or right and would live to see the system imploded.

Berkeley has always been a very weird place, its like a magnet for extremest thoughts and ideals of the very far left. I think they cultivate this with the professors they hire and the students they select to attend. They think it is smart, I just think it is a form of immaturity.

geez, it was like this and worse during the 60's...just like a liberal student wouldn't go to oral Roberts university, republican students do not have to go to Berkley...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Alright so the students may be peaceful, so then what the fug was the big deal again? Why did they fear violence? Because the police can't secure and protect a speaker from 150 agitated people who are not students? I guess that is a lot of people... don't know the entire Milo story but yes we don't want history repeating itself so it's best this way. Not to attract attention. Cause 150 mob is a comingz.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh for heaven's sake.

1) no platforming somebody is not impinging their freedom of speech. It's just saying to them hey look, we don't want to hear your hate speech round here.

2) Coulter knew exactly what she was doing by booking this appointment and then pulling out of it. That's precisely what she wanted, because she wanted to stir up this outrage amongst her followers.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Your accusations of her commiting hate speech looks like hate speech to me.

But I guess you're right... no one has to listen to it, you, her or him. Great contribution.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: neo96
Yeah really congrats Berkeley!

Job well done.

Applause,Applause.

Got any more books ya want to burn ?

ann, don't let the door his you on your skinny ass on the way out...c'mon, she did this to get attention from your kind so she can sell more books, and book more vulgar speeches...she knows her audience and she knows how to make a buck off of the slopped-headed

Sounds alot like 'white' privilege.

What's next Berkeley gonna start putting up signs that says they don't serve her kind ?

Rather interesting the purveyors of civil rights have no concept of what they are.
edit on 28-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Fear the 150!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Oh for heaven's sake.

1) no platforming somebody is not impinging their freedom of speech. It's just saying to them hey look, we don't want to hear your hate speech round here.

2) Coulter knew exactly what she was doing by booking this appointment and then pulling out of it. That's precisely what she wanted, because she wanted to stir up this outrage amongst her followers.

This is the most cucked statement i've ever heard. does your back hurt always being in that position?:

You fail to see that this kind of behavior (along with the censorship of the alt media that's going on, hate speech laws, million gender laws etc.) is a slippery slope towards thought police sending you to reeducation camps for wrong-think.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

LOL... yeah, I know.

Sadly, that virus of willful ignorance seems to be growing around ATS.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hmmm one thing that scares me, is when people start branding higher education as extremist, using trigger words to spark fear in people and it smacks of stifling thoughts outside of their own echo chambers.

The kids/family I currently have in college annoy me in a humorous way with their given causes that change every day or week
, But they are kinda still kids, still finding their path, learning about their world and their minds. So I laugh and say "I was no different".

I support their exploration into topics and thoughts that they didn't get in high school. High school is where the student is receiving information, university is where they become participants in formulating ideology, science and participating in research. It is healthy for college students to buck the system. It keeps things from being stagnant. Higher education should not be emotionally safe, but pushing boundaries. Yeah they grow out of it, but they need to go through it first.

Now forget about Milo and Coulter are actually the agitators, on a publicity stunt, and the fools that talk big about violence but go home to mum and dads and type about it on the web, let's instead talk about the danger of labelling universities as extremist nurseries. If people start putting their foot on the neck of higher education because an ideology doesn't fit into your echo chamber, then we have a foundation for things to get ugly.
If you start making false claims like "Look they are violent extremists just because they are in college " when actually no most are not, we as a broader society have a problem.

Support our kids, they will lead industry and government in time.
Don't fall for blanket FALSE accusations designed to trigger the fearful about 40,000 kids who are just wanting to be the best they can be and striving to learn.

edit on 28-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join