It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You can try to educate the uneducated, but you can not fix stupid, "Stupid is as stupid does"

Berkeley Campus experiment to give free education to some "groups" with public funding has backfire and like parasites they are taking over..

The state has decreased the funding for the university amid budget problems, Now the federal funding on tax payers backs has taken over the state with about 65%, they also rely heavily on private donations, follow the money trail and see who is pulling the strings, Berkeley is in no position to promote anarchy against the federal government, because they need the federal government and the rest of the nations tax dollars to keep their doors open

Let remember increase on federal funding comes the increase of free money for those that are considered under privilege.

Like I say you can try to educate the uneducated but you can not fix stupid.;

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Theirs nothing so anger making as libtard leftie granola munching hippy fascists denying the conservative voice of reason.

Why is it conservatives are the only inteligent viewpoints put forth nowadays?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So this is off topic, but I'm attempting to bring it back to OP at the end.

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Name one mass shooting in the states that was stopped by a civilian with a gun. Can you?

Why just one?

crimeresearch.org...

Web search is your friend.

There is thread here on ats that discuss the fact children will accidently kill 200 plus people this year.

That's a heart-breaking, emotional statistic. Guns are dangerous. So are swimming pools.

www.m1-garand-rifle.com...

We can infer by those statistics that a kid is more likely to come across an unmonitored body of water than a gun.

Meanwhile - would it be better if children killed people by accidentally setting fire to the house, or hitting other people with a hammer?

35000 is the average number of people killed with per year in the states. More guns is not the answer.

More of a bad thing seldom helps.

Guns are not bad. Guns are objects. What people do with objects can be bad.

www.aei.org...

americangunfacts.com...

And remember, most of those gun deaths are suicides.

www.nytimes.com...

Is more nuclear weapons something that will make the world safer? If so let's give north Korea and Iran nuc's. If more weapons is better let's share.

You're wandering into strawman territory there, by asking a ridiculous question then answering it yourself. Giving a gun to an unstable person is dangerous, no one will disagree with that.

As we can see the threat of violence curbs free speech. Is more violence the answer?

The previous riots did not use guns. There were plenty of fist brawls and fires though.

More guns does not equate to more violence. See links above.

Guns are objects. A loaded gun lying on the ground is no more dangerous than a rock or stick. It only becomes dangerous in the hands of a person with ill intent.

No. More talking is.

Do you realize the irony of that statement, considering the nature of this thread?

What happens when the people who want to talk are shut down by violent people?
edit on 28-4-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: kaylaluv

We should work on becoming physically able, then. Is my new point!

Yeah. Let me know when we are physically able to stop all crime everywhere. That'd be awesome.

I get it, just because we can't stop it all, we just sit back and do nothing.

Brilliant strategy there.

Who said anything about doing nothing? If Berkeley wanted to sit back and do nothing, they would have just banned Coulter altogether. That's not what they said, though, is it? They said she was welcomed to speak at a venue/time that they could better guarantee safety for everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The only complaint I have about Berkeley, which could derive from me being ignorant of any facts that would address said complaint, is that there seems to be little effort being made to address the growing extreme behavior displayed among its students. It seems as though its a school happy to cater to professors who teach and instruct people in extreme ideologies which have resulted in violence and threats of violence.

Its no better than redneck militias preaching white power, other than its guns vs exploding wine bottles. Extremism is the bane of logical thought. I would rather see UCal Berkeley make stronger efforts to curb this extremism.

Otherwise, i see value in provocative thought. So there should be a balance there.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They've got a 2.86 billion dollar endowment.

UC Berkeley year after year is one of the top universities IN THE WORLD, and is always in the top three in the US.

I know it's ridiculous to ask but can you back up your claim that 65% of funding comes from the Federal Government?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How many students are exhibiting extreme behavior in your opinion?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Berkeley is acknowledging that their students are violent and uncontrollable.

A passive encouragement from my perspective.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How many students are exhibiting extreme behavior in your opinion?

Has it even been established that the extremists (instigators) were actually students?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Berkeley is acknowledging that their students are violent and uncontrollable.

A passive encouragement from my perspective.

Source?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not to my knowledge.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

They wanted to change venue to when classes would not be in session and the students not there.

I think that's a clear indication that even Berkeley thinks the students are responsible.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

They wanted to change venue to when classes would not be in session and the students not there.

I think that's a clear indication that even Berkeley thinks the students are responsible.

So the answer is no, you have no evidence that Berkeley thinks that their students are "violent and uncontrollable."

You have no evidence about how many students have been involved in violence (from either the right or the left) or how many were from off-campus. You have no evidence that Berkeley acted in any way other than to attempt to make the speaker, the faculty, staff, students and guests safer.

All you have is your consistently baseless OPINION that anything left of you is wrong.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You have no evidence to the contrary.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Per UC's financial statements...their entire private revenue accounts for 7.3% of their total revenue....and that includes the Regents's endowment (which pays out approx $228 million/yr).

Here is the 2016-2017 budget, for reference. Sources of income are on page 47 of the pdf.

Budget for Current Operations

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So ... no violence at the protests last night. (Washington Post)

Aww. And so many right-wingers here were so certain. Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth. And all they have is sore ears and shorter teeth.

And Ann was a no-show. Yeah, I guess she's only concerned about free speech when she's getting a paycheck.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Per UC's financial statements...their entire private revenue accounts for 7.3% of their total revenue....and that includes the Regents's endowment (which pays out approx $228 million/yr).

Here is the 2016-2017 budget, for reference. Sources of income are on page 47 of the pdf.

Budget for Current Operations

Thanks, so the Federal contribution is less than 14.4%.

Good to have the facts.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Evidence doesn't work that way. You don't make a claim then declare it plausible because the skeptics can't prove you wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I didn't make the claim.

Do you have any evidence to back up your opinion, or not?

There are 38,000 students at UC Berkeley. How many were involved in any violent acts? How many threatened any violent acts?

I think you're full of mud.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I can say whatever the #### I want!

I interpret what I see my way.

You interpret your way.

(see how that works!)

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join