It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: kaylaluv

We should work on becoming physically able, then. Is my new point!

Yeah. Let me know when we are physically able to stop all crime everywhere. That'd be awesome.

Right to Bear Arms is a good start. Oh wait, California... right...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yeah. Let me know when we are physically able to stop all crime everywhere. That'd be awesome.

I get it, just because we can't stop it all, we just sit back and do nothing.

Brilliant strategy there.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Sure it does. Why would you say it doesn't matter?

If one group is threatening someone that was invited to speak and another group is threatening the group it makes all the difference in the world as that presents a situation that there might be violent clashes between two opposing groups. Like a mini war almost.

It matters in which tactics the police would have to deploy and exactly how the situation would unfold. So yeah, it's a really big deal.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So you want colleges to bann freedom to speak,wow unreal.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

These leftist don't realize the damage they are doing...take away one groups freedom and your own will surely follow!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: xuenchen
Public Notice:

SS/Brownshirt beerhall rally tonight.

Sponsored by the Berkeley Central Communications Committee.

Awards Dinner.

Members only.

Left Wing ID card required.

To be honest we can't even call these people left wing...They are beyond either side of our political spectrum. These are the 99%er coming back with a different agenda, basically anarchist....... [/quote)

Okay I am going to admit I am have not read all 55 pages. So I'd this has been discussed.

I am would not discard the idea is the 99%ers.

Thet aren't particularly left or right and would live to see the system imploded.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Violence is violence, no matter who it is aimed at.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Name one mass shooting in the states that was stopped by a civilian with a gun. Can you?

There is thread here on ats that discuss the fact children will accidently kill 200 plus people this year.

35000 is the average number of people killed with per year in the states. More guns is not the answer.

More of a bad thing seldom helps.

Is more nuclear weapons something that will make the world safer? If so let's give north Korea and Iran nuc's. If more weapons is better let's share.

As we can see the threat of violence curbs free speech. Is more violence the answer?

No. More talking is.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
www.nytimes.com...

Ann Coulter Says She Will Pull Out of Speech at Berkeley

Ann Coulter said Wednesday that she is canceling her planned speech at the University of California, Berkeley, because she had lost the backing of conservative groups that had initially sponsored her appearance.

Ms. Coulter, in a message to The New York Times, said, “It’s a sad day for free speech.”

Despite insisting that she would go to Berkeley regardless — even after the university said it could not accommodate her on the date and time it had initially scheduled her because of threats of violence — Ms. Coulter said she did not see how she could go forward. The school said she could speak only at a later date and an earlier time of day, when there were likely to be fewer students on campus and less of a likelihood for violent outbreaks.

Late on Tuesday, the conservative group that was helping Ms. Coulter in her legal efforts to force Berkeley to host her, Young America’s Foundation, said it could no longer participate. “Young America’s Foundation will not jeopardize the safety of its staff or students,” the group said.

The Berkeley College Republicans, which invited Ms. Coulter and was supposed to sponsor her visit, also backed out and joined Young America’s Foundation in saying the atmosphere had grown too hostile.

Her supporters (The Berkeley College Republicans,Young America’s Foundation) pulled out from threats of violence.
The school itself wanted to change venues because of fear of violence.

All because they didn't like what Ann Coulter says.

The leftists at Berkeley and those that don't support free speech should be very proud of themselves today.

It is a victory for censorship, a victory for silence through fear and intimidation.

Good for you all. *applause*

Maybe if you all threaten more, cause more violence, maybe more people will stop saying things you disagree with.

You've got a great start at Berkeley.

But, it was anti-fascists who shut it down, no?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What better way to trick conservatives into thinking there's a war against them? Even though they won the White House and most of the other seats in government. Hmmmmm....

a reply to: underwerks

They either control or are working to control all media, fox is currently being heavily doxed ailes,oreilly,hannity,waters and are basically establishment neocons/dems anyway and bernie complains about not 100% controlling radio. They run an indoctrination system from kindergarden to grad school. But we're just going crazy for nothing... lol...

as for antifa...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I get it, just because we can't stop it all, we just sit back and do nothing.

Brilliant strategy there.

This is how I picture every lefty snowflake i've ever heard open their mouth:

Sorry I can't help what pops into my head

edit on 28-4-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

a reply to: geezlouise

Well, the university officials said in their public statement that the Police department told them that they couldn't guarantee safety at the original venue, so the university made the decision based on what the security experts told them. According to that, it's not about not wanting to put out the effort, it's about not being physically able to protect.

I think the point is that the culture/movement should not have gotten violent in the first place to force police action. This is America, they trampled on the 1st amendment as soon as they laid hands on people.

They want it gone, 2nd amendment too so we can't fight back, hell throw away the entire bill of rights while there at it. Hard left ideology will always fail, cite the... i dunno... entire 20th century. They can not win conventionally with speech so they are looking to invoke violence to achieve their goals.

edit on 28-4-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Sure it does. Why would you say it doesn't matter?

If one group is threatening someone that was invited to speak and another group is threatening the group it makes all the difference in the world as that presents a situation that there might be violent clashes between two opposing groups. Like a mini war almost.

It matters in which tactics the police would have to deploy and exactly how the situation would unfold. So yeah, it's a really big deal.

I know that speaking logically is sometimes confusing, but what I would suggest is this. Let the speakers speak and send in the National Guard. Arrest, stop or shoot (depending upon their actions) the trouble makers and lets get them out of society today so we don't have to keep worrying about them. It obviously does no good and lets them win when you shut down the speech or parade and a criminal shouldn't benefit from their crime.

If a person is willing to commit a crime, I think (at least in this case...probably others) we should let them do it or try it and lock them up. Why wait? Consider it a preemptive strike.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Name one mass shooting in the states that was stopped by a civilian with a gun. Can you?

There is thread here on ats that discuss the fact children will accidently kill 200 plus people this year.

35000 is the average number of people killed with per year in the states. More guns is not the answer.

More of a bad thing seldom helps.

Is more nuclear weapons something that will make the world safer? If so let's give north Korea and Iran nuc's. If more weapons is better let's share.

As we can see the threat of violence curbs free speech. Is more violence the answer?

No. More talking is.

You are partly right! A responsible, sane and law abiding individual or country with weapons does make the world safer. What makes the world less safe is when irresponsible, insane and criminal individuals or countries with the same weapons. So...we follow that mentality. We check people before they are permitted to own a gun.

It always...ALWAYS...comes down to the same thing. Solve the problem, don't bandage the symptom and don't ban the freedom. In this case...people who shouldn't own a gun...owning a gun.

Otherwise...no one gets a car, a knife, a baseball bat, etc.

edit on 4/28/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

We are being set up. usually after george Soros sends his goons to protest, a civil bloody war ensues in the name of "democracy" to "liberate" that country from "fascism" . They usually send in the U.N or NATO.

Oh wait... that probably already happened too...

Obama Administration and UN Announce Global Police Force to Fight ‘Extremism’ In U.S.

I smell a red wedding.
edit on th2017000000Fridayth000000Fri, 28 Apr 2017 03:56:50 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 28 Apr 2017 03:56:50 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Once again, anarchist and Antifa are not a Soro's army, what is with the Right and Soro's and the Left and Putin?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Once again, anarchist and Antifa are not a Soro's army, what is with the Right and Soro's and the Left and Putin?

Wrong, once again I refute your PC with the facts. It IS funded by George Soros.
George Soros Exposed as Money Behind Anti-Trump Protests

Facts are facts.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Ummm. You do know we have nothing to do with MoveOn, in fact, we don't support them because they are a hierarchal-vertical structure

let me explain this

WE. ARE. ANARCHIST
edit on 28-4-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

*edit*

How hard is it for people to understand? you people are so obsessed with Soro's, he doesn't fund anarchist or Antifa, I think I would know, besides we are not affiliated with Democrats or Liberals or the DNC or MoveOn or Indivisible or Soro's or Putin or Obama or Hillary

again,

WE. ARE. ANARCHIST

edit on 28-4-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I wouldnt go to a rabid communist filled university either.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

These leftist don't realize the damage they are doing...take away one groups freedom and your own will surely follow!

there is a rightwing white nationalists group in the bay area that has been targeting Berkley for decades....I like how all of you think that this is strictly about leftists causing violence....talk abut ignorance

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join