It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

Your comprehension of the 1st is atrocious.

I know.

I mean the gaul I have to begin reading at the beginning of paragraphs.

Are you divided into three parts?

Sure am.

Just like you are.

Id,Ego, and Super Ego.

Everyone is.

Aww ... a Freudian attempt to deflect from the fact that you don't know the difference between Gaul and gall.

FYI.

Can't win an argument.

Correct their grammar.

link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's very curious though, like did Berkly decide that they could handle the protesters on X day at X venue, but not at Y venue? What would have made the difference? I wonder. Less promotion? A venue in a more remote area, less populated? What would have made it safer???

I'm honestly just curious.

According to the chancellor, it had to do with the amount of exits and other small factors. One thing is certain, they didn't even try.

link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

If a few heads have to be cracked in order to protect free speech, then so be it.

I just wanted everyone to be able to relish the insane irony in your statement.

Refreshing admission, btw.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's valid AF I didn't even think about that.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

Your comprehension of the 1st is atrocious.

I know.

I mean the gaul I have to begin reading at the beginning of paragraphs.

Are you divided into three parts?

Sure am.

Just like you are.

Id,Ego, and Super Ego.

Everyone is.

Aww ... a Freudian attempt to deflect from the fact that you don't know the difference between Gaul and gall.

FYI.

Can't win an argument.

Correct their grammar.

Oh, Neo, I wasn't correcting your grammar ... I was correcting your diction.

Don't let facts trouble you though; why start now?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Oh I see. Ty for the reply. Also valid AF.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And Berkeley suggested because of the violence of weak leftists who can't stand different opinions.

Why would a date change cause violent leftists to calm down?

I never said it would cause them to calm down. Having an indoor venue at a time when less people would be there will allow Berkeley to better manage any issues.

Don't get mad at me because there are bad people in the world. Don't get mad at Berkeley for trying to better manage security via the venue/time of the event to keep everybody safe. I would get mad at the bad people for threatening violence, and I would get mad at the student group who refused to work with Berkeley to have the event and guarantee safety at the same time.

If I didn't know better, I'd think this student group planned it at this venue knowing that Berkeley wouldn't be able to handle it, so they could make all "leftists" look like the bad guys, when they canceled it. It gives Coulter more press too. It's a win/win for the conservatives all around, especially when she does eventually speak there - it's going to get YUGE press. Ann's loving this.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

That's valid AF I didn't even think about that.

So you don't need any evidence that the Berkeley police refused to do their job?

Refused to protect the campus and the people on it?

Why do you think any of this is happening?

The Police were trying to do their job. A bunch of little YAL snots didn't get their way, and a lot of right-wing snots across the country can't stop crying about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That's very curious though, like did Berkly decide that they could handle the protesters on X day at X venue, but not at Y venue? What would have made the difference? I wonder. Less promotion? A venue in a more remote area, less populated? What would have made it safer???

According to the chancellor, it had to do with the amount of exits and other small factors. One thing is certain, they didn't even try.

As another member said, that is a very valid reason. And I would say that they tried considering they offered her another time/date to accommodate the needs.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Making a mountain out of sink hole.

Ever stop to think for once second that since France has been in the news lately it was just a simple mistake ?

After all France is the modern name for Gaul.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

There's no irony in suggesting that violent protestors attempting to infringe on someone else's right to free speech and assembly should be met with violence. Irony would require that I advocated violence be used against peaceful protestors.

But for the record, I think there are a broad range of occasions, including many outside of the realm of self defense, when violence is an appropriate response.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Making a mountain out of sink hole.

Ever stop to think for once second that since France has been in the news lately it was just a simple mistake ?

After all France is the modern name for Gaul.

France is related to your bitter medieval humour somehow?

(Now you're being silly. Just accept that you used the wrong word and move on.)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

There's no irony in suggesting that violent protestors attempting to infringe on someone else's right to free speech and assembly should be met with violence. Irony would require that I advocated violence be used against peaceful protestors.

But for the record, I think there are a broad range of occasions, including many outside of the realm of self defense, when violence is an appropriate response.

Far-right and far-left protesters have clashed at Berkeley in recent months.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

As another member said, that is a very valid reason. And I would say that they tried considering they offered her another time/date to accommodate the needs.

And eschewing civil liberties in the process. It's not worth it.

link   

Prolly because UC Berkeley students need to stop going medieval on people they don't like,

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Berkeley should have the right to control the venue so they can control the violence.

Not really. The violence shouldn't be controlled, it should be prosecuted. And the safety of the violent "protestors" should be a secondary consideration to the protection of the right to free speech.

If a few heads have to be cracked in order to protect free speech, then so be it.

So, allow it to happen so it can get prosecuted? Allow innocent people to get hurt or worse, just so we can prosecute? So, if a guy has a gun and he announces that he is going to be at a certain place and a certain time to kill people, we should let him do it so we can prosecute him? We shouldn't try to stop him from doing it in the first place?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Prolly because UC Berkeley students need to stop going medieval on people they don't like,

Should you be talking about the College Republicans and Young Americans for Liberty that way Neo?

Seems a little one-sided.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I never said it would cause them to calm down. Having an indoor venue at a time when less people would be there will allow Berkeley to better manage any issues.

You know what would be really safe? If they let Ann speak while contained within a broom closet, during Spring Break, when no one was on campus. That way no one would get hurt and Ann's right to free speech wouldn't be violated.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But now someone just said the difference was inside and outside venues. Outside bigger, inside smaller. Inside more secluded, I think more private and maybe dangerous, hidden away. Outside bigger, could attract more attention... dangerous. Too much work. Berkly can't handle it.

Is that it then?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well if they threatened Coulter ,and stopped her from speaking I prolly would have.

But hey nice strawman.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join