It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: underwerks

Only because Berkeley students FEAR the Coulter, and Milo might rub off.

Sure, that's it.

No, what's happening is the tolerant left is just being tolerant, while showing the world a great example of how to be liberal. Freedom and equality for all.. except if you disagree with us.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: neo96

Berekeley isn't the only place. That professor who got attacked and ended up with a concussion and neck collar was trying to help get Charles Murray out and that happened somewhere in the Northeast ... nowhere near Berekeley.

This is starting to be the norm at more and more colleges all over.

If this is the norm in most places, then almost every speaking engagement involving Coulter should be like this, right?

... because Charles Murray is clearly the same name as Anne Coulter.

This is becoming a common tactic to shut down conservative speakers. As for Coulter, she has been heckled all over. She had pies thrown at her by two men who rushed the stage in Arizona in 2006 for example.

But as that was years ago, Gavin McInnes was rushed on stage and pepper-sprayed earlier this year at NYU.

Milo Yiannopolis had activists crash the stage and threaten him at DePaul. Also this year.

The professor was attacked trying to defend Charles Murray from a mob attacking him as they tried to get him to safety. That was Middlebury college this year. Professor was a lefty.

Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minutemen, was rushed onstage by protestors at Columbia University. Also this year.

I found all these incidents (minus the pie one) from a simple Google search using the terms "stage rushing conservative speakers." These are all on the first page that popped up.

But I'm sure this isn't a real problem ... except at Berkeley.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So what else could it be ?

Should people just sit back and let California continue with it's institutionalized discrimination in favor of their preferred political ideology ?

True intellectuals embrace new ideals, not act like barbarians.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Cowards are afraid of different opinions.

Well. . . . cowards and terrorists.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A biblical reference does come to mind.

Berkeley is acting like God.

That has a forbidden fruit.

and they try as they might to keep the so called snakes out of their garden of Eden.

Because they don't want them taking a bite out of that apple.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No one is shutting down Coulter or Milo except themselves. Then, they get to play victim and blame it on other people. And then use that to promote their own brand while convincing their followers that fellow citizens are the enemy.

Voluntary silencing of your own free speech isn't the same as someone taking your free speech away from you.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No one is shutting down Coulter or Milo except themselves. Then, they get to play victim and blame it on other people. And then use that to promote their own brand while convincing their followers that fellow citizens are the enemy.

Voluntary silencing of your own free speech isn't the same as someone taking your free speech away from you.

Totally right.

McInnes should have spoken with a face full of pepper spray. What a weenie.

And I'm sure that Charles Murray could have still spoken after being beaten to a bloody pulp by that howling mob that gave one of their own a concussion just for trying to get him to safety.

Your hole? It's getting a bit too deep.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So what else could it be ?

Should people just sit back and let California continue with it's institutionalized discrimination in favor of their preferred political ideology ?

True intellectuals embrace new ideals, not act like barbarians.

What new ideals are you talking about?

Conservatism as it stands today is nothing more than the same bad old ideas rehashed for a generation that is too young to remember how crappy it all is.

Please fill me in on the new parts of the ideology of you don't mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

If you think we need somebody to show us, and convince us who the enemy are...

No comment.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You're missing the point. Nobody is making the left act the way they are. Regardless if this is all some PR stunt, it doesn't change the actions of the left, and you are just deflecting once again by not acknowledging it and blaming the right.

Nobody is making anybody do anything, Coulter included. I have to really doubt the convictions of someone who silences their own speech because of fear.

I understand the point completely. My contention is that it's a manufactured point, to spread outrage.

Which is it? Are liberals scared, crying safe space needing babies, or some ultra violent group that will stop at nothing to strip your liberties away?

If people can't see the fallacy in the dichotomy they're being fed, then we're more lost as a country than I thought.

You conveniently left out the fact the Mayor has forbidden the police to do their jobs properly...pretty sure I'd cancel too given that fact...if she didn't cancel and got killed, I'm 99% sure you'd call that a publicity stunt as well...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Conservatism as it stands today is nothing more than the same bad old ideas rehashed for a generation that is too young to remember how crappy it all is.

I think you mean liberalism.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Totally right.

McInnes should have spoken with a face full of pepper spray. What a weenie.

And I'm sure that Charles Murray could have still spoken after being beaten to a bloody pulp by that howling mob that gave one of their own a concussion just for trying to get him to safety.

Your hole? It's getting a bit too deep.

I thought the OP was about Coulter? Being beat up and maced for speaking your mind isn't right no matter what side does it, but don't think for a second those people that do that are representative of the left as a group.

Anymore than Richard Spencer and the rest of the Nazi D-bags represent the entire right.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Even the ACLU has spoken out.

thehill.com...

Berkeley has gone full retard when the ACLU diss's them.

+5 more 
link   

So bank robbers should not get arrested because the people are voluntarily giving the robbers the money.

Your arguments are pathetic.

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

More proof that Berkeley is a school for gifted retards, where you graduate stupider than when you started.

Ann Coulter for the win.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I think you mean liberalism.

I'm sure you do.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So bank robbers should not get arrested because the people are voluntarily giving the robbers the money.

Your arguments are pathetic.

Not as pathetic as that analogy

Come on now.
edit on 26-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Then explain to be why smaller government,free market, and individual rights is 'the same old bad ideas, and crappy'.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Her fees are paid in advance by the groups who invite her to come speak. In this case, if no one wants to hear her, then it's the College Republicans of Berkeley and their benefactor who get bit.

Who cares? It kind of sucks when you have a party and nobody comes.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

a reply to: angeldoll

Her fees are paid in advance by the groups who invite her to come speak. In this case, if no one wants to hear her, then it's the College Republicans of Berkeley and their benefactor who get bit.

Who cares? It kind of sucks when you have a party and nobody comes.

Seems like a lot of people were going to be in attendance, which is why the liberals threatened violence.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join