It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: neo96

So you are saying that Christians protesting against Planned Parenthood are idiots?

First off I don't protest.

I use peaceable assembly to talk about issues.

Second off I use my VOTE to be the change I seek.

Third As a christian I have never had to make a religious argument against Planned Parenthood.

It's a detestable organization created by a RACIST.

That's about all for now.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why else do you think she isn't speaking!

She will, this is part of her marketing scoop. Just wait for the price to drop... err... rise.
Let me repeat the main part to get this straight:

Ms. Coulter was confronted with the dangerous prospect of setting foot unguarded on a campus that erupted in violence in February after another conservative speaker, Milo Yiannopoulos, planned to appear. The school canceled his event.
The Berkeley College Republicans, which invited Ms. Coulter and was supposed to sponsor her visit, also backed out and joined Young America’s Foundation in saying the atmosphere had grown too hostile.
Administrators at Berkeley, who say Ms. Coulter is welcome on campus when the university has an indoor, “protectable” venue available, offered a day next week when students are no longer in class, a proposal that Ms. Coulter rejected.

Ann Coulter Says She Will Pull Out of Speech at Berkeley

Right. Nobody issued threats, why do we have to constantly get your crap straight?

It's because leftists can't handle different opinions and use threats to silence anyone with a different opinion.

This partisan BS really went throught to your head. Physician, heal yourself!

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ketsuko

Minding my own business.

Unlike some other folks.

*shakes head*

No sense of humor ... I wish I could just find one saying, "so" by itself.

link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Why would extra security be needed for a peaceful assembly protest?

Probably because some people do not want to protest peacefully.

I have a problem with that.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Violence is bad, mmmkay? We want to prevent violence, right? Berkeley wants to prevent violence. Berkeley's not evil for wanting to prevent violence, are they? What's the best way to prevent violence when you don't have access to a whole police force and you don't have a million bucks for private security? You have your public event at a venue that allows what security you do have a better chance at controlling it.

What's wrong with the National Guard?

Janet Reno runs that place, she kept America safe for how long? lol.

I think between berkeley cops and LEO, they CAN keep order on a single campus.

They are lining up right now.

I think Kent State will make a comeback soon.

What does it say about the idiots in charge when they say they can't stop threats from organizations and people that are well known?

What can they do about actual terrorists and criminals?

They seem to not be able to protect anyone, therefore should be kicked out of any authority and replaced.

Free speech issues or not. It's a total fail on their part.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep.

I'm tired of wasting words.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Coulter just now on Carlson said "Berkeley cancelled, my sponsors acquiesced."

Your first mistake is to believe anything that comes out of Coulter's mouth.

You're saying she's lying when she says: "Berkeley cancelled, my sponsors acquiesced."?
How do you know?

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If I'm reiterating what others have already said then I don't apologize and just maybe there might be something to all the feelings being expressed.

A gentle reminder to reconsider the underlying recurring themes; they should not be so quickly dismissed if your
goal is to gain a better understanding of the events in question.

link   

Are you aware that speaking out against the violence at Berkeley as you have been doing here is a form of protest?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Not surprised that it's the first time you seen me say that. You have been ignoring posts since the beginning.
And I have stated millons of times that I support her right to free speech.
You backing out of debate shows that you concede defeat.

You're wrong.

Again.

If you supported her right, you wouldn't have been so antagonistic towards everyone else who supported her right.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

You may call it a waste or improper, but that's because you don't understand the right.

I do.

YOU don't.

As those rights laid out specifically state GOVERNMENT.

Seriously sitting there say that right means 'protesting' OTHER private citizens is absolutely unequivocally WRONG of the firsts meaning,

No you don't Neo. You've proven time and time again that you have a twisted understanding of the constitution. It's pointless to continue to discuss that which you are unable and unwilling to comprehend.

We have the right to protest. It's called free speech.

Deal with it.
edit on 27-4-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Yeah I understand your point. It's just funny to point it out. Of course there is no need for security for peaceful protest. Sadly that what is needed in this case. Wish it was an ideal world.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

How am I being antagonistic? We ALLLLLLLL support her right to speak. You kept lying and accusing us of not supporting her right to speak. YOU are the one being antagonistic.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What do you call people meeting together holding up signs and talking to each other? Come on man.

Idiotic.

Bad spelling.,

Bad art.

Incoherent

Mumbo jumbo.

With talking points.

And they don't talk to other people.

They talk AT people.

Huge difference.

I don't think the Tea Party is going to be there Neo.

Oh I was talking about Occupy Wall Street,Black lives matter,La Raza,ANTIFA.,

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Are you kidding? There has to be 100% agreement with everything you say or there's opposition to free speech?

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I hate to say it, but this issue may need to be pushed until they end up killing someone in their frenzy to shut down speakers they don't like.

It may be the only way to wake the country up to the level of crazy that's going on at the university level.
It's not just the university level...They learn this garbage from communist professors and politicians...

link   

Are you aware that speaking out against the violence at Berkeley as you have been doing here is a form of protest?

Are you aware that UC Berkley isn't a private citizen.

But an institution that has rationalized discrimination against a clear minority.
edit on 27-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Are you aware that UC Berkley isn't a private citizen.

But an institution that has rationalized discrimination against a clear minority.

Pay attention to the bolding...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Now you're trolling me.

link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Except as I pointed out earlier, the Police worked with the Organisers of the "Free Speech Rally" Rich Black

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join