It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: neo96

It appears you are failing to understand the most basic concept behind the right. Read this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

What is a redress of grievances?

It's a complaint. A protest.

Oh, I c.

And Ann Coulter is now the government to be petitioned?

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So basically, they demand the university spend about a million bucks for security so Ann Coulter can speak when and where they want her to. Maybe YAF members should pay for the security out of their own pockets instead.

Where did you get that estimate from? Why would it cost so much?

I pulled it out of my butt, obviously. The point is, it ain't gonna be cheap and is probably beyond the budget.

And why should it be that expensive?

link   

It appears you are failing to understand the most basic concept behind the right. Read this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Someone sure FAILED.

Coulter is not congress or a government,

For the last time,

SHE IS A PRIVATE CITIZEN.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, I c.

Read my edit.

Are you guys really trying to say that we do not have the right to assemble or speak freely in protest of certain causes?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Someone sure FAILED.

For the last time,

Again, read the edit. We can use our 1st amendment to protest if we like.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You had me imagining Trump as a cross-dresser in need of security.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Kali74

Oh Christ, you just can't admit you're wrong.

That's the pathology of leftism. They cannot admit reality.

They can't admit they lost. They can't admit they failed. They can't admit their ideology doesn't work.

All they can do is hate everyone who doesn't agree with them.

link   

Someone sure FAILED.

For the last time,

Total waste and improper use of the first.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Projection.

True or False? Berkeley states they never cancelled but offered a different date.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Oh, I c.

Read my edit.

Are you guys really trying to say that we do not have the right to assemble or speak freely in protest of certain causes?

Are you really suggesting smashing people in the head with bike locks and throwing M-80's into the crowd qualifies as the right to assemble and freely protest?

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's a trick question because I believe the problem started way before Ann decided to speak there. If they truly were for free speech, this could've been avoided. How? Probably by denouncing the last time a conservative speaker came and all hell broke lose, instead of having the entire elite left conglomerates (which I believe Berkeley to be apart of) praise and even advocate it, making these protestors believe they are doing something noble.

The root of the problem is much deeper than Ann.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You had me imagining Trump as a cross-dresser in need of security.

THAT DOSSIER IS FAKE NEWS!

I mean , ur uh, yeah.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Meah anyone can speak where they want. Had no one protested, a few dozen people would have shown up. Who cares if 100 people want to listen to her crapolla?

Gotta say though, these 'speakers' sure don't know quite how to pick their audience, unless of course they knew what the outcome was always going to be. Any PR is good PR.

When I was at college, I would have laughed at Coulter coming to speak, I had far more exciting academics or speakers to get access to than that. Desmond Tutu comes to mind.

link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

All they can do is hate everyone who doesn't agree with them.

Oh yeah! I started out in life as a Republican.

It's "Agree with me, or agree with me, I'm right, and you're not".

link   

Oh, I c.

Read my edit.

If free speech rights can only be violated by the government, then yes.

link   

Someone sure FAILED.

For the last time,

Total waste and improper use of the first.

You may call it a waste or improper, but that's because you don't understand the right.

Using your logic, the next time I see people on the sidewalk in front of a Planned Parenthood holding signs in protest, I'll stop and tell them they have no 1st amendment right to protest.

Why? Because Neo said so.

link   
Protesting is fine.

lighting cars on fire and breaking windows, throwing rocks at the police is not.

That is vandalism.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

... and yet, your posts are just dripping with love ...

link   

There's a very well placed comma that you are ignoring.
edit on 4/27/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Oh, I c.

Read my edit.

Are you really suggesting smashing people in the head with bike locks and throwing M-80's into the crowd qualifies as the right to assemble and freely protest?

No. I've said no such thing. In fact, I've said the opposite.

Are people having a hard time reading English today?

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join