It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's probably because not that many people like Ann Coulter. I mean, people don't like her. She's a freak show. So why bother scheduling a speech if nobody is going to come?

There is one way to find out, right? Well unless you are like these students that feel their opinion should control the actions of others... If you and they feel this way then let her speak and be done with it. Let the empty seats send her your message...

edit on 26-4-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So....unable to speak due to the "fear of violence"

Geee.......who else do we know that uses that tactic, fear through violence?

oh, that's right!

Terrorists.

Yes indeed it is a sad day.

Someone's constitutional rights were violated due to a group that has been using violence to force their will upon people.

And who is it that supports that?

Why terrorist supporters of course. They'll make all the excuses they can to say it's okay to keep someone from speaking through the fear or threat of violence.

Just look at all the supporters in this thread.

Clearly a sad day for the US Constitution.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: underwerks

I sure didn't miss the last eight years of being told how 'evolved' we have become as a society.

Guess it was only lip service and just a luxury of leftist privilege.

Judging by the last election cycle, anyone who told you we were "evolved" as a society were speaking prematurely.

The irony that we're discussing this on a sub forum of ATS dedicated to flinging poo at each other like monkeys isn't lost on me.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Even Pocahontas herself . Elizabeth Warren has come out against what's been going on at Berkeley.

Her new name is:

"Lieawatha"

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

forget her... Willie Brown even said Berkley is burning the 1A

He was the mayor of SF for 8 years and state assembly speaker (CA) for over a decade prior.

He's as Democrat as they come.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well ATS are more civilized than Berkeley students.

Should tell everyone something.

We prefer debate.

As opposed to throwing objects,hitting people with bike locks,destruction of property, and the list goes on.

Bout the only transgression is the occasional hurling of insults.

Aaka flingin poo.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It's probably because not that many people like Ann Coulter. I mean, people don't like her. She's a freak show. So why bother scheduling a speech if nobody is going to come?

There is one way to find out, right? Well unless you are like these students that feel their opinion should control the actions of others... If you and they feel this way then let her speak and be done with it. Let the empty seats send her your message...

Then who would pay her fee if there is no 'door'.?

*** Sorry. The Ann Coulter Speech has been cancelled due to lack of hatred interest.

edit on 4/26/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Gasp! Y-y-you mean the liberals on ATS are civilized?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I have to really doubt the convictions of someone who silences their own speech because of fear.

What about the conviction of those who silence other's because of fear?

Who's being silenced? Definitely not Coulter. They even gave her a safer time to speak.

By choosing not to speak, Coulter and Milo participated in a voluntary silencing of their speech. That's not anyone silencing them but themselves.

I've held unpopular beliefs my entire life, and I've been beat up countless times as a kid and had my life threatened as an adult because of them. If I had chose to change my positions or not speak about them because of my own fear, that would be completely on me. No one else.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Gasp! Y-y-you mean the liberals on ATS are civilized?

Not all.

In fact very few.

They are more rare than bigfoot.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

At least you are changing. Small steps. Small steps.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You know it's a gross violation when Sanders, Warren, Mahr all come out against Berkeley.

But it does validate what many of us have been saying when defenders of suppression are here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Democrats are as spineless and hateful as the people they decried for burning Dixie Chicks CDs.

What a mess...these two parties and their gormless, sycophantic followers.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well ATS are more civilized than Berkeley students.

Should tell everyone something.

We prefer debate.

As opposed to throwing objects,hitting people with bike locks,destruction of property, and the list goes on.

Bout the only transgression is the occasional hurling of insults.

Aaka flingin poo.

Well, yeah. We have discussions here. Which is the opposite of what Coulter and Milo do.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's called grabbing the bull by the horns. The only way to disrupt an echo chamber is to set up shop, go-to-market and sell a better product.

The bullheaded leftists know that they've duped their supporters into buying an inferior product and will stop at nothing to make sure it stays that way.

edit on 26-4-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Berekeley isn't the only place. That professor who got attacked and ended up with a concussion and neck collar was trying to help get Charles Murray out and that happened somewhere in the Northeast ... nowhere near Berekeley.

This is starting to be the norm at more and more colleges all over.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Only because Berkeley students FEAR the Coulter, and Milo might rub off.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Berekeley isn't the only place. That professor who got attacked and ended up with a concussion and neck collar was trying to help get Charles Murray out and that happened somewhere in the Northeast ... nowhere near Berekeley.

This is starting to be the norm at more and more colleges all over.

If this is the norm in most places, then almost every speaking engagement involving Coulter should be like this, right?

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Her fees are paid in advance by the groups who invite her to come speak. In this case, if no one wants to hear her, then it's the College Republicans of Berkeley and their benefactor who get bit.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Only because Berkeley students FEAR the Coulter, and Milo might rub off.

Sure, that's it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join