It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Not really free speech if you have to be paid to say it. With that said, whatever she had to say probably wasn't worth it anyway.

It may not be, especially if you don't like her, but what are these people afraid of? Are they so afraid she might say something disturbing that they have to stifle her? What about when they get up to speak. THAT'S okay, of course! But the issue here is that the left is for free speech ONLY if it's leftist free speech. If someone has a criticism of their "values," well, that's not allowed. How can the left reconcile this?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You're missing the point. Nobody is making the left act the way they are. Regardless if this is all some PR stunt, it doesn't change the actions of the left, and you are just deflecting once again by not acknowledging it and blaming the right.

+8 more 
link   
Reading this thread it is obvious to me some people don't understand the difference between free speach and hate speach. Allow me to help:

FREE SPEACH = Liberal wants to talk

HATE SPEACH = Conservative wants to talk

Ok?

+6 more 
link   
It's interesting to compare the reactions we're seeing at Berkley to the reactions displayed by students and faculty at Liberty University when Bernie Sanders spoke there.

Bernie Sanders Gets Respectful Welcome at Conservative Christian College

Article says attendance was required. Apparently Bernie brought up gay marriage and abortion, so as the article notes, "Sanders did not placate or sidestep his stance on social issues"

One of the students at Liberty University said she was "proud of her school for listening politely" Jerry Falwell Jr said he "admired Sanders courage" for coming.

Anyway, pretty striking contrast.

Here is NPR's take on it:

Sanders Takes His Liberal Message to An Evangelical Christian College

The Liberty students sat politely during Sanders' speech.

edit on 26-4-2017 by imwilliam because: added last link

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Your deflecting game has gotten very weak.

Are you supporting these cowards?

Calling something deflection doesn't make it so.

You're doing it again...

By the way, changing the narrative to conservatives trying to trick people instead of Berkeley just being cowards, is a deflection is it not?

Not at all. Conservative pundits choose Berkeley because they know the drama it will cause, and they can televise their take on it and make "liberals" out to be whatever they want them to be once they control the narrative of what people are seeing.

That's what this is really about. What I see is the political party who is in almost full control of the government at this point producing propaganda to convince their followers they are under attack from half of the country.

That kind of makes me wonder why. But hey, if you want to buy what people are selling, more power to you. You for sure aren't alone.

You do realize the conservative speakers are invited by conservative student groups? It's not like the speakers just on a whim storm their way onto campus to speak. In Ms. Coulter's case, it appears she was invited and initially supported by two student groups (who were bullied into backing out). A sad day for America...which for some reason is considered a win for the Democrats (left leaning Liberals).

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Public Notice:

SS/Brownshirt beerhall rally tonight.

Sponsored by the Berkeley Central Communications Committee.

Awards Dinner.

Members only.

Left Wing ID card required.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Public Notice:

SS/Brownshirt beerhall rally tonight.

Sponsored by the Berkeley Central Communications Committee.

Awards Dinner.

Members only.

To be honest we can't even call these people left wing...They are beyond either side of our political spectrum. These are the 99%er coming back with a different agenda, basically anarchist.......

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But,but,but,but.

That's RACIST!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Not so fast...

Gavin McInnes‏ @Gavin_McInnes

The @AnnCoulter event in Berkeley is NOT canceled. I will be speaking tomorrow with @Lauren_Southern @FaithGoldy @BrittPettibone #POYB

mobile.twitter.com...

If Gavin is still going to be there, that means there'll be a sizable contingent of Proud Boys. That might just be worth keeping an eye on to see how it plays out.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You're missing the point. Nobody is making the left act the way they are. Regardless if this is all some PR stunt, it doesn't change the actions of the left, and you are just deflecting once again by not acknowledging it and blaming the right.

Nobody is making anybody do anything, Coulter included. I have to really doubt the convictions of someone who silences their own speech because of fear.

I understand the point completely. My contention is that it's a manufactured point, to spread outrage.

Which is it? Are liberals scared, crying safe space needing babies, or some ultra violent group that will stop at nothing to strip your liberties away?

If people can't see the fallacy in the dichotomy they're being fed, then we're more lost as a country than I thought.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Which is it? Are liberals scared, crying safe space needing babies, or some ultra violent group that will stop at nothing to strip your liberties away?

(D) All of the above

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Suppression of political speech use to be something we only saw in third world countries.

And it has NO business happening in the United states of America especially so with the first amendment.

Nor should ANYONE even think about violence occurring over it.

If people accept Berkeleys behavior as normalcy.

This country is truly lost.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Suppression of political speech use to be something we only saw in third world countries.

And it has NO business happening in the United states of America especially so with the first amendment.

Nor should ANYONE even think about violence occurring over it.

If people accept Berkeleys behavior as normalcy.

This country is truly lost.

You must have missed the 1950's.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

If this is what these enemies of the constitution want, that is what they will get.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I sure didn't miss the last eight years of being told how 'evolved' we have become as a society.

Guess it was only lip service and just a luxury of leftist privilege.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I have to really doubt the convictions of someone who silences their own speech because of fear.

What about the conviction of those who silence other's because of fear?
edit on 26-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's probably because not that many people like Ann Coulter. I mean, people don't like her. She's a freak show. So why bother scheduling a speech if nobody is going to come?

link   
Even Pocahontas herself . Elizabeth Warren has come out against what's been going on at Berkeley.

+1 more 
link   

Do you really and truly think that conservative pundits only give speeches at Berkeley?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

(D) All of the above

I agree,

They need safe space individually but their group think has turn rather confrontational with total disregard to freedom of speech. I think underwerks should go experience personally the aggressive undertones of these people and not just speculate to disagree.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join