It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Says which God and Which Master?

So, let's say hypothetically there are some radical ISIS members here

I am not comparing Trump voters, or Ann, or anyone with ISIS

In theory they want to speak, just to share their views, you support that

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Yeah really.

Do you really care about a foreign movement imported in to this country, and funded by the likes of a NAZI collabortor named Soros ?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes it is Berkley's fault that they refused to defend the rights of a speaker

They offered her a forum, time and day...free of charge...Quite a generous offer considering the risk to their properties they would incur and general public safety concerns.

...she refused once the conservative group that was paying her to speak rescinded their offer.

She seems a bit of a Diva...demanding the venue and time of her choosing and refusing to "speak" unless paid..

I am trying to see how this is Berkeley's fault...but still can't see it..

edit on 27-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That makes you a centrist, not liberal. And yes please make the distinction. I'm curious. This should be fun.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

OMG, seriously

Soro's right, except you, don't seem to understand Soro's is our enemy as well. the very fact that you are incompetent enough to believe that we are just another "Soro's" funded group is no different than this Liberal "Muh Russia hysteria"

you seriously lack any knowledge of anarchy, and anti-fascist

Keep believing that Soro's conspiracy, I'm sure there are more than enough "well made' youtube videos to support it

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Says which God and Which Master?

Said the Declaration of Independence spelled out a few centuries ago.

That went a little something like this.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth,the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

www.ushistory.org...

I know that dirty three letter word is a bane to those that worship at the alter of statalotry, but damn.

God's never effed anyone over for a vote, and sure the hell never pandered to anyone.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Notice it said "their Creator"?
You lost Neo.

link   

OMG, seriously

Yeah OMG like totally seriously.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.facebook.com...

thewashingtonstandard.com...

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

How are you going to tell me what I am? I'm a liberal.

Liberal is an ideology

Left is the group of conglomerates that have taken over "liberals". Hence why I can be a liberal and not stand with the left.

Not rocket science.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

So what part of Berkeley students been acting like Hitlers NSDAP did you miss ?

And if they are? It's a volatile situation - that hasn't happened yet. Some steps were taken to prevent the worst of it - but, in the end? She refused to show

I'm certain she might have been genuinely afraid. I don't actually blame her

Now, please explain why she is owed a stage

She didnt refuse to show. Her sponsors asked that she cancel the speech because THEY feared the violence. She was on Hannity last night explaining that she was more than willing to speak.
Regarding being "owed" a stage. She is not, in fact no one is owed anything....except, this is a publicly funded University. That means "the people" pay for it to exist. With that in mind all points of view must be provided a platform to be expressed. Its equal protection under the law. The First amendment says that the GOVERNMENT shall pass no law or enact no policy that infringes the freedom of speech or the free practice of religion. This University is an arm of the government because it is publicly funded, therefore it may not enact a policy that infringes on the rights of free speech. There is also a clause in the 1st amendment about the right to publicly assemble.
All Public Universities that enact "Free Speech" codes, zones, and permit requirements are in violation of the 1st amendment.

These Antifa people know this, thats why they use the threat of protest and violence to get what they want. They want to silence opposition and limit the ability of people who do not follow their ideology to assemble.
This event will go on without Coulter. I predict another round of street fighting, property destruction and hospital trips.
What Antifa needs to understand is that we are one shooting at these protests away from a full blown civil war in the streets. They should be very careful about their next steps and what buttons they are trying to push.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If you are for free speech, you should be upset over this.

If you are not for free speech, you should be happy about this.

I see that there are those who are way too happy and defending the censorship of free speech.

Celebrate! You won! The bitch Coulter was silenced!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She was silenced by choosing to not speak for free?

I don't think the threats of violence did much to deter her. She only backed out because no one was going to pay her for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Washington Standard is your Proof that we are "Democratic (Uhh, no) Terror Group" funded by Soro's

I think you people call that 'Fake News' now

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Celebrate! you support the right for ISIS to assemble and speak freely here!

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

They are allowing threat and coercion to dictate who can speak, and where and when they can do it, instead of defending the rights of the speaker. It's no one's fault but their own.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If you are for free speech, you should be upset over this.

If you are not for free speech, you should be happy about this.

I see that there are those who are way too happy and defending the censorship of free speech.

Celebrate! You won! The bitch Coulter was silenced!

Do you support the silencing of the protesters right to protest to make sure the YAF feels comfortable enough to put on an event like this?

Freedom of speech goes both ways.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

She was silenced by choosing to not speak for free?

I don't think the threats of violence did much to deter her. She only backed out because no one was going to pay her for it.

SMH

Sure. Why not.

she did it herself.

It wasn't the threats of violence that caused it.

She's just a dick.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The only fake thing here is UC Berkeley that purport themselves to be 'liberal'.

Since they represent the antithesis of what the word means.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Prove it, commie-boy.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Yes, because ISIS are Americans.

And are you really comparing AC to ISIS?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join