It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ann Coulter is not a conservative. She is an agitator and a divider. She preaches a message of hate, and condones violence (as long as its "conservatives" doing the violence.)

Expect something else from a meaningless,gross generalization post to begin with ?

I expect nothing else from you.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: neo96

Ann Coulter is not a conservative. She is an agitator and a divider. She preaches a message of hate, and condones violence (as long as its "conservatives" doing the violence.)

Expect something else from a meaningless,gross generalization post to begin with ?

I expect nothing else from you.

Well I do aim to please

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

One of 5, spot on!

what is the deal with not arresting people?

Way too many agent provocateurs from the feds around. It's a good crisis to have some new layers of security imposed, pre-crime charges maybe? First you've gotta radicalize all of them thoroughly to feel the urge for new laws, which they're doing already.
Await stage 2 in the aftermath of a very hot summer, the Brave New Oligarchy will provide. Question is how. Trump already said he's going to look into cutting the funds for Berkeley after the Milo desaster, every little riot from now on is going to be instrumentalized. Making a fuzz about free speech is already part of the holy spinnings, I reckon.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You just made me sound like a borg lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

But are you one of the hot Borg or one of the really creepy ones?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: ketsuko

No one is shutting down Coulter or Milo except themselves. Then, they get to play victim and blame it on other people. And then use that to promote their own brand while convincing their followers that fellow citizens are the enemy.

Voluntary silencing of your own free speech isn't the same as someone taking your free speech away from you.

Totally right.

McInnes should have spoken with a face full of pepper spray. What a weenie.

And I'm sure that Charles Murray could have still spoken after being beaten to a bloody pulp by that howling mob that gave one of their own a concussion just for trying to get him to safety.

Your hole? It's getting a bit too deep.

I thought the OP was about Coulter? Being beat up and maced for speaking your mind isn't right no matter what side does it, but don't think for a second those people that do that are representative of the left as a group.

Anymore than Richard Spencer and the rest of the Nazi D-bags represent the entire right.

So, I don't really know these people's views etc. but I find it telling that the best you can come up with as an example of the hatred of the right, is Richard Spencer and if you google search "Richard Spencer violence" you get a bunch of results relating to violence from the left at his speaking events etc.

So, I might be wrong, but it seems as though I would rather be associated with someone with idiotic views, such as a white supremecist, than with someone with idiotic actions, such as the violent nazi-esque "liberals" that seem to have infested the left in your country.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"You're silencing my speech!" has become the right wing equivalent of the left wing calling everybody they don't agree with racist.

Yep. OP, you're that guy now.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It seems to all tie into, not to be cliche but, the war on academia. There's been an incredible push to focus on a few 'special' groups that make the left and the schools they attend look bad, think about sites like College Fix. In addition we have extremely well funded ' Young Republican' groups that seem to exist only to agitate, I haven't read about anything else they do. Factor in the quickened march from Right to center that the US is taking... despite what this past election indicates.

Death throes. Which can turn into thriving (fascism is growing in Europe) so shouldn't be shrugged off. It makes me want to shake this Antifa group though.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

But are you one of the hot Borg or one of the really creepy ones?

That's probably highly subjective. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

It's possible to be neither the Nazi nor the person that punches Nazi's.
edit on 4/27/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Zero sum thinking is the bane of the modern world. We have somehow (likely through media and educational control) became a people that sees black and white, choosing to ignore the vibrant colors around us. Its not even shades of gray...there is a fully vibrant, colorful world outside the forced black and white viewpoints discussed online.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Like Berkeley cops sitting back and let everyone do as they please ?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Obviously no one believes in free speech, the reasons why it is important (mainly ignored and taken for granted), nor the important laws that protect it. They are robbing the human race.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm starting to see more validity than I initially had for your no mud stance.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
[ insert] repeated face palming to right-wing belief system computational device.

Good now that's over.

Only one of us made it clearly partisan by immediately claiming the use of hypocrisy and right-wing buzzwords in my post.
To be clear. I was pointing out the far-lefts strategy and tactics( Marxism and Alinsky Community organizing) and how it's being used towards achieving an end goal( in this case silencing opponents speech an ideology). That combo and the people who are employing it to achieve their goals claim to be either liberals or progressives or leftist.
Ok.
The goal of making this point should be clear to the classical practitioner of liberalism. Who understands the intellectual value of dialogue and exchange of ideas in an open non-violent way.
THEY might want to educate these young radicals, and tell them to quit calling themselves liberal.
B/c it's almost as if saying they are liberals gives them a higher point of morality in their minds and on the stage of public opinion. In reality all it's doing is tarnishing true liberal beliefs. Oh and remember that part about good peoples intentions being hijacked... yeah hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWater

So, your complaint about liberals and Progressives wasn't partisan???

I'm wasting my time here.
edit on 27-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm starting to see more validity than I initially had for your no mud stance.

You can't tell me that you don't long for substance in your discussion. That you don't see how interacting with others should enrich you rather than simply being a valve to release whatever pressure is building internally from ignoring the spectrum of color that is being avoided.

Good conversation should be like a savory steak that you relish each bite of. It shouldn't be a bowl of bile that makes you physically ill.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Let's review:

Ann Coulter managed to get some right-wing organizations at Berkeley to give her an invite to speak.

One of those organizations decided to cancel the meeting rather than cooperate with safety concerns from the UC Berkeley administration.

Coulter, without an invitation, has decided to "cancel" her appearance to great media fanfare and cry about freedom of speech, but thinks she will go by the campus anyway, just so she can still hopefully fan the flames of conflict.

In every case of violence in Berkeley, there have been two sides involved in the violence, two groups, yet, right-wingers here only want to acknowledge one ... and the whole hue and cry about freedom of speech (which suddenly, they're concerned with ... for themselves at least) is over the fact that Coulter quit.

Yep, it must be Thursday.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

You can't really believe that, right?
It's not their safety they are worried about. It's the safety of the students.
If they did this to

"use that to promote their own brand while convincing their followers that fellow citizens are the enemy"

Then it would make more sense to give the speech and record the riot.

I feel like your spending all your energy trying to defend something that should not be defended, instead of rationally thinking about the situation.
I don't mean that disrespectfully, either.

link   

I believe his complaint that Berkeley was being partisan.

After decades of institutionalized discrimination how could anyone even remotely defend whats been transpiring where the purported free speech movement began.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join