It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: DBCowboy

On top of being cowards, one must be really insecure and unsure of oneself to be afraid of hearing a different opinion.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: c2oden

It's how the rednecks, especially in the southern states, talk. And how some in the world view Americans.

I understand that the poster was trying to portray all Americans in the same light by using an over-used term usually used by people who are not smart enough, or witty enough to say something original.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What are we going to call Canadians?

Our friends to the north

I don't think Canada is our friend, anymore than Mexico or China is. They care only about protecting their own country, if they can screw the US over to accomplish that goal, even better. Not that I blame them, I just wish the US Government cared about it's country in the same manner.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

It's how the rednecks, especially in the southern states, talk. And how some in the world view Americans.

I understand that the poster was trying to portray all Americans in the same light by using an over-used term usually used by people who are not smart enough, or witty enough to say something original.

Yeah and it's sad how some people view us that way.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Whatever.

I hold no animosity towards Canada.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Counter-protesters attempted to disrupt the rally shouting "Nazis out!." A large police presence was deployed to prevent possible clashes. Several protesters were detained during the rally; no injures were reported

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I knew you would show me an example of Antifa group in another country. I guess the Antifa group here in America is completely different.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hint, North Korea isn't communist

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

There's even lots of different Antifa groups in the US.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

How are we different?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

What do you mean? Those people in Berekely were violent.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Some of them are peaceful?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hear Berkley's next big campus event will be a book burning!

edit on 26-4-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Perhaps you should have specified the request on "Murican parades only", cause now I think you're just changing goals.
You have your peaceful antifa protest, now go and find some decent deescalation tactics in your militarized police state for me. The prison industrial complex needs customers, right?

Look... when someone like Milo is able to ignite a campus we have a whole other issue on the table. And that's an utterly incompetent police force, the new threats of violence only add to this strange situation. And with our fake free speech advocates around I have both of my eyebrows tickling upwards.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

We are talking about extremists on both sides. The left is not the only one guilty.
And the BLM thing has already been covered. I don't consider them to be a political entity.

I know, but your extreme examples for the right are individuals (Dear, McVeigh) or an organization that is only associated with 'the right' in the minds of 'the left.' I have never met a conservative that actively supports the KKK. At best you could find conservatives (myself included) that support their right to protest and assemble, but that does not mean we agree with them. Personally I prefer that they publicize themselves to make it easier to ostracize them.

As for the traditional values folks, I haven't seen that much violence from them, if you can present examples I'll walk that back. Were they attacking gay pride parades, or are you thinking of the Orlando Nightclub? If the latter, how was Omar Mateen a representative of 'the right' in the USA?

I'm coming up empty on mob/riot actions from the right in recent news. Perhaps we could point to the Berkley riots earlier this month, but Antifa was not exactly innocent in that fiasco. I can find examples of mobs/riots in the 80s and 90s, but that's over 2 decades ago. Everything recent is individuals or a small group.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

How is asking for examples changing goal? I was curious. If there are peaceful Antifa groups then GREAT!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yeah but the point is that nobody on the left supports this. If liberalism means equal rights and free speech then how the heck can we call those people liberals? If they are "liberals" then they have dropped some values and went off to the deep end.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yeah but the point is that nobody on the left supports this.

*You* may not support it, but I'm waiting for anyone notable in political circles to denounce it. All I've heard is Bernie say something. Good on him.

If liberalism means equal rights and free speech then how the heck can we call those people liberals?

Honestly, your definition of liberalism is not what I hear progressive liberals are pushing. Affirmative Action and Political Correctness are the opposite of equal rights and free speech.

If they are "liberals" then they have dropped some values and went off to the deep end.

What you are describing is 'classical liberalism', not something most people on 'the left' practice.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ann Coulter said Wednesday that she is canceling her planned speech at the University of California, Berkeley, because she had lost the backing of conservative groups that had initially sponsored her appearance.

SO not Berkeley forcing to leave...

Good thing the OP was looking for the Truth instead of trying to push outrage... oh wait...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Ann Coulter said Wednesday that she is canceling her planned speech at the University of California, Berkeley, because she had lost the backing of conservative groups that had initially sponsored her appearance.

SO not Berkeley forcing to leave...

Good thing the OP was looking for the Truth instead of trying to push outrage... oh wait...

Yeah, no force at all. Oh wait...

The Berkeley College Republicans, which invited Ms. Coulter and was supposed to sponsor her visit, also backed out and joined Young America’s Foundation in saying the atmosphere had grown too hostile.

Her supporters (The Berkeley College Republicans,Young America’s Foundation) pulled out from threats of violence.

The school itself wanted to change venues because of fear of violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join