It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh okay ancient history. I can learn but we're talking about recent events. We are talking about Antifa.

You're the one who made the comment the left don't kill with guns and bombs. "Ancient" history? I didn't realize your hypocrisy had a time stamp.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I've actually cheered those with whom I disagree ideologically on this issue when they have stated that they support Coulters right even though they disagree with the message.

But when we have people here equivocating and defending Berkeley, then it's hard to say that those individuals support free speech.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

We are here to learn and discuss, not accuse each other. There is no hypocrisy here. The real hypocrisy here is the right claiming that they are never violent.
Oh and I've just learned about Weather Underground. See I can learn and admit that maybe I am wrong. But I'll need to study it further since it seems like a early BLM movement.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

We are here to learn and discuss, not accuse each other. There is no hypocrisy here. The real hypocrisy here is the right claiming that they are never violent.
Oh and I've just learned about Weather Underground. See I can learn and admit that maybe I am wrong. But I'll need to study it further since it seems like a early BLM movement.

All dogs can bite. But when one particular breed bites significantly more often, it needn't be required to mention that all dogs bite.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think by turning a blind eye, you support the cause by nature. If you don't hold your side accountable, who will?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No hypocrisy here? You've got to be kidding. The member said the left don't use guns and bombs to kill. Implying just the right does. That's hypocrisy where I come from.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Did you see the part where I admitted that I might be wrong? Take your blinders off please.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Free speech is and must be absolute! Then you get someone like Annee who wishes to evaluate the quality of the speech, the stature of the speaker, the value of the content. And what you get is the elimination of free speech.

Free speech is not and has never been absolute!

You do not understand.
Free speech is not just an amendment.
It is an ideal.
One that you only seem to agree with when it suits you.
So, go ahead and try to tell people what things mean, but you should understand what it means before doing so.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'm not a liberal. I'm left. Liberal is in the middle.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Interesting. Can you expound a bit on that?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Not trying to be a smart ass...but WOW! Weather Underground was a huge topic among the right because of Obama's friend Bill Ayers.

"He co-founded the Weather Underground, a self-described communist revolutionary group with the intent to overthrow imperialism,[2] that conducted a campaign of bombing public buildings (including police stations, the US Capitol Building, and the Pentagon) during the 1960s and 1970s in response to US involvement in the Vietnam War.

He is a retired professor in the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, formerly holding the titles of Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar.[3] During the 2008 US Presidential campaign, a controversy arose over his contacts with candidate Barack Obama. He is married to Bernardine Dohrn, who was also a leader in the Weather Underground."

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You are aware of Black Bloc?

There is instigator, then there are instigators countering the instigator. And everyone/thing else gets caught in the middle.

"Perfect Storm"

WHAT IS BLACK BLOC?

Swarms of people dressed in black invaded what was supposed to be a peaceful demonstration against right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulous on Wednesday evening. www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Pretty interesting as I don't remember ever reading about that on Fox News. I've been watching and reading articles on Fox News site for a long time.
But thank you for the information.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The Antifa would be in that red area.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The ridiculous thing is that far left students think this is a win for them, when actually they're too stupid to realize that it's a massive loss.

Universities used to be places that people go in order to have their minds opened to new possibilities. Now, those same universities are places where young adults are coddled to no end, where young adults are offended by people wearing sombreros at Mexican theme dinners, and where the slightest opportunity to get a different opinion other than your own are met with riots and intolerance from the people who claim that they are tolerant of others.

I'd HATE to be on any university campus in the United States right now.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Must be Mandela effect, because I swear some things on that chart are reversed.
edit on 26-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've actually cheered those with whom I disagree ideologically on this issue when they have stated that they support Coulters right even though they disagree with the message.

But when we have people here equivocating and defending Berkeley, then it's hard to say that those individuals support free speech.

I think the disconnect between people here is that a lot of folks view what we're talking about from an ideological standpoint, that free speech should be absolute, you should be able to say whatever you want with zero repercussions, and you're right. It should be like that. But it isn't, and I don't think it was intended to be like that.

My thing is, I can't help but view it from the real world position. Where you can say anything you want, but you're going to be responsible for it.

That's reality, and no matter what type of ideological glasses you want to look at reality through, you're still going to have to deal with what's right in front of you. So unless there is some universal shift in human nature, this is just how things are.

Say what you want, but know you're responsible for what you say. Words do have power when they're attached to powerful ideas.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You're welcome. There is a lot all of us can learn (including myself) if we listen and discuss (as you stated earlier). And getting back to the topic of this thread...the problem is, when others don't allow us to listen, discuss and learn...especially because they don't want us to...they are not only denying us our rights, they are forcing their views upon us.

Believe me...if I saw this happening or being purported by the right, I would stand up with their opposition and say the same thing. Example...I think religion in general is a big problem and I don't believe in God, but I will defend anyone who speaks of God and is silenced as an "idiot".

I hate bullies.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Liberal fascism.
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join