It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Ann Coulter finally silenced on Berkeley Campus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Ann Coulter Says She Will Pull Out of Speech at Berkeley

Ann Coulter said Wednesday that she is canceling her planned speech at the University of California, Berkeley, because she had lost the backing of conservative groups that had initially sponsored her appearance.

Ms. Coulter, in a message to The New York Times, said, “It’s a sad day for free speech.”

Despite insisting that she would go to Berkeley regardless — even after the university said it could not accommodate her on the date and time it had initially scheduled her because of threats of violence — Ms. Coulter said she did not see how she could go forward. The school said she could speak only at a later date and an earlier time of day, when there were likely to be fewer students on campus and less of a likelihood for violent outbreaks.

Late on Tuesday, the conservative group that was helping Ms. Coulter in her legal efforts to force Berkeley to host her, Young America’s Foundation, said it could no longer participate. “Young America’s Foundation will not jeopardize the safety of its staff or students,” the group said.

The Berkeley College Republicans, which invited Ms. Coulter and was supposed to sponsor her visit, also backed out and joined Young America’s Foundation in saying the atmosphere had grown too hostile.

Her supporters (The Berkeley College Republicans,Young America’s Foundation) pulled out from threats of violence.
The school itself wanted to change venues because of fear of violence.

All because they didn't like what Ann Coulter says.

The leftists at Berkeley and those that don't support free speech should be very proud of themselves today.

It is a victory for censorship, a victory for silence through fear and intimidation.

Good for you all. *applause*

Maybe if you all threaten more, cause more violence, maybe more people will stop saying things you disagree with.

You've got a great start at Berkeley.

+52 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah really congrats Berkeley!

Job well done.

Applause,Applause.

Got any more books ya want to burn ?

+49 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only-if-you-agree-with-me-free-speech wins again!

Many will defend this saying it's their right to "free speech" by protesting, but it doesn't change the fact that they are bitter delusional cowards.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can almost smell the filthy Soviet style approach from here...... In Britain.

+40 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Liberal fascists strike again.

+37 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but this issue may need to be pushed until they end up killing someone in their frenzy to shut down speakers they don't like.

It may be the only way to wake the country up to the level of crazy that's going on at the university level.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Not really free speech if you have to be paid to say it. With that said, whatever she had to say probably wasn't worth it anyway.
edit on 26-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

"Anti-facist facists"

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just like an Ostrich, they are so afraid that they prefer to place their "head in the sand" so that they can't see or hear.

What is it they are afraid of? Debate! Because they know there are no logical answers for their beliefs.

University of Cowards, Berkeley.

+65 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Not really free space if you have to be paid to say it. With that said whatever she had to say probably wasn't worth it anyway.

I'm so glad you could contribute to the validity of this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not really free space if you have to be paid to say it. With that said whatever she had to say probably wasn't worth it anyway.

I'm so glad you could contribute to the validity of this thread.

No problem.

+31 more 
link   
Holding a conservative rally in Berkeley is like holding a KKK rally on the westside of Chicago. Of course it isn't going to go down without some drama. Milo, Coulter, everyone knows this, which is why they schedule so many events in Berkeley.

What better way to trick conservatives into thinking there's a war against them? Even though they won the White House and most of the other seats in government. Hmmmmm....

+28 more 
link   

Not really free speech if you have to be paid to say it. With that said, whatever she had to say probably wasn't worth it anyway.

I feel the same way about leftist speakers, but I'm not out throwing a riot I call "protest" to prevent anyone from hearing what is being said or to prevent it from being said outright.

Heck, there's a white privilege conference taking place downtown right now ... if I was of that mindset, I could go lob some molotovs.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So you agree with Berkeley also?

Interesting!

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
One of these days they're going to threaten the wrong people and be forced to reconsider their position on the 2nd Amendment.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you agree with Berkeley also?

Interesting!

What does "agree" with Berkeley mean?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Although I'm a huge fan of Free speech and Ann should be allowed to speak anywhere she wants, and I would never protest her speaking, but wow is she a mean spirited jerk. LOL I don't feel sorry for her at all. The bigger question is, who in their right mind would want to go see her speak? LOL

If the idiots protesting this would just ignore her, and film the 6 or so people in attendance to show her "popularity as a speaker", I think that would be the bigger victory. Yes?
edit on 26-4-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Your deflecting game has gotten very weak.

Are you supporting these cowards?

+6 more 
link   

Mind if I borrow that for my other thread about speaking fees ?

+28 more 
link   
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

If this is what these enemies of the constitution want, that is what they will get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join