It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But so what if Trump colluded with Russia in the 2016 election?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

DNC is not part of the American government and therefore has no classified information.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
It is not illegal or unethical for one side of a political battle to collude with a foreign power in a political battle. Henry VII was placed on the throne of England by France who killed Richard III at the battle of Bosworth Field. Louis XVIII was placed on the throne of France by Britain and Prussia who killed Napoleon I at the battle of Waterloo.

Fun fact: The Presidency is NOT a kingdom.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

President is equivalent to king. Charles I was king and fought against parliament which is equivalent to congress. Following the American revolution, president was created out of king and congress was created out of parliament.

edit on 26-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: allsee4eye

We still on this? Still a few of these a day. Tisk Tisk.

At this point if there is no new information with sources, than both sides of this argument who bring it up daily are spamming.

How about we wait until the investigation wraps up and they present us with all the evidence they've seen? Declaring this a done issue while the investigators are still doing their thing reeks of bias and an agenda.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Again, my words were twisted.

All I'm saying is there are plenty of threads to discuss this in.

I don't see how making new ones every day with no sources or new information is helping to do anything other than spam the new section.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No. It isn't even a CLOSE comparison. They are only similar in that a king and a President represent the heads of state of their nation, but that's IT. Kingship is based on "divine right to rule". The Presidency is a based on population based decision.

On top of all this, you are trying to use a historical event to let Donald Trump off for possibly violating a US law. Sorry, bro. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That was an actual battle not a political battle and five people had to die to put Henry on the throne.
Edward 4th, his two sons( the prince's in the tower) Richard 3rd and his son Edward who died of natural causes but was still ahead of Henry in the line of succession until he died.
Henry was so far from the throne in the line he never expected to rule.
Anne Neville took out the two major contenders when she had Edward 4th's sons killed.

It was a barbaric existence where children became kings and queens and little better than the Lord of the flies. Richard and Anne were both teenagers when they took the throne. They were ruthless in seeking power.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

All wars are about politics. Politics is about power.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Only the most rich and powerful can be elected president. Who else can afford billions in an election season?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Its always okay if Trump does it. That's the motto of his supporters.

Transference is the motto of Trumphobes.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Only the most rich and powerful can be elected president. Who else can afford billions in an election season?

So? That doesn't magically mean that a President is the same a king.

George Washington would roll over in his grave if he heard you trying to compare the Presidency to a kingship. He was horrified when they tried to get him to be the King of the US after the Revolutionary War and declined.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It took two whole pages before a Trumpette started the Hillary whine. Good job

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

President is equivalent to king.

You really are confused on how the Presidency or royalty works aren't you?

Charles I was king and fought against parliament which is equivalent to congress.

Back then it wasn't. If you think the common man voted everyone in like they do now you really need to brush up on your history.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Well it's a party ain't it ?

Isn't everyone free to bring the wine ?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It is not illegal or unethical for one side of a political battle to collude with a foreign power in a political battle. Henry VII was placed on the throne of England by France who killed Richard III at the battle of Bosworth Field. Louis XVIII was placed on the throne of France by Britain and Prussia who killed Napoleon I at the battle of Waterloo.

geez, do you know what the word treason is? of course it's illegal and unethical.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Consorting with a foreign power, consorting with the enemy. Two different accusations, but I would think both would be chargeable offences, otherwise one's own government would be living in la la land.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Y'all know I'm neither pro nor anti Trump. That said, it would be nice if the story could be made clear and correct.

Trump is not under investigation.

The FBI is still conducting a counterintelligence investigation into any potential role of the Russians during our last election. Yes, Trump's team is part of that investigation but they nor Trump himself are the focus of it. You can bet, while not publicized, that the Democratic party is also part of that investigation too since they were part of the election as well.

The target and type of investigation is important. The target is Russia and the type is counterintelligence.

Trump is not actually under investigation for violating the Logan Act. At least, I can't find anything saying he is.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Trump is not actually under investigation for violating the Logan Act. At least, I can't find anything saying he is.

Trumpers are becoming worse than birthers.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Noncents

Trumpers are becoming worse than birthers.

You just got crazy points with me.

I know which side you lean but I'm glad you can spot the claims that make the side look bad. And here you're right.

The left has just as many as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join