It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But so what if Trump colluded with Russia in the 2016 election?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It is not illegal or unethical for one side of a political battle to collude with a foreign power in a political battle. Henry VII was placed on the throne of England by France who killed Richard III at the battle of Bosworth Field. Louis XVIII was placed on the throne of France by Britain and Prussia who killed Napoleon I at the battle of Waterloo.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Its always okay if Trump does it. That's the motto of his supporters.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If he colluded with them that they would violate US or international law, then no, it is absolutely not okay. He'd be guilty of conspiracy to commit those crimes and probably treason.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

We still on this? Still a few of these a day. Tisk Tisk.

At this point if there is no new information with sources, than both sides of this argument who bring it up daily are spamming.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well next time we fight the war of the roses we'll consider your theory.

And you do know Trump is not a king right?

Just checking because trump himself seems confused on the issue.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

What law would it violate?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You can't really compare monarchies to republics.

Also, Napoleon didn't die at Waterloo. He died in exile on Saint Helena.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

A political battle is a political battle, no matter monarchy or republic.

As for Napoleon I, he died because he lost battle, didn't matter when he died.
edit on 26-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey Congratulations on winning the election bro!

Ah thanks, man! I did have a little help you know. The credit is not all mine.

Oh bro, really?

Yeah. Al Queda kinda helped me win.

Oh snap, really bro??

Yeah man, they really pulled through with a solid for me man. But it's all good, it's tots legal man.

Oh cool bro, yeah that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why? It's not like it's gone away or something.
This is still an active investigation. There are still public hearings to convene and no conclusions have been announced.

Now if it's just that you are bored with this subject on a personal level all I can say is don't click on the thread and if you do and find the content disagreeable just click out again. It's pretty simple.
If you really don't like the subject that is.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Well next time we fight the war of the roses we'll consider your theory.

And you do know Trump is not a king right?

Just checking because trump himself seems confused on the issue.

...says the girl who's portrait on the side describes herself as "her royal highness".

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
It is not illegal or unethical for one side of a political battle to collude with a foreign power in a political battle. Henry VII was placed on the throne of England by France who killed Richard III at the battle of Bosworth Field. Louis XVIII was placed on the throne of France by Britain and Prussia who killed Napoleon I at the battle of Waterloo.

You're comparing US law to...a historical event not directly involving the US and that has nothing to do with US law...as proof that it's not illegal in the US?

That's...something else. *scratches head*

See the Logan Act, for starters. THAT is US law.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Or if there is no added information and sources there are plenty of threads to keep the conversation going in.

link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Looks that way.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hacking into someone else's computer is a Federal crime. Obtaining and divulging classified information without authorization is a Federal crime. Etc. Etc. If he agreed to a quid pro quo for business rights, or something of that nature, that would be a crime as well, it's corruption.

I'm not saying that he colluded to do these things. The evidence is scant. If he just agreed with them on some political issues, that's not collusion. However, that's not how I read your OP.

link   

So you'd be happy having the puppet of another country as your leader ?
If there was collusion there's a reason for that , and likely a price to pay.

link   

Trump has not violated Logan act because he did not discuss foreign policy issues with a foreign power while he was running.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Even though there is zero evidence Trump or any of his campaign staff "colluded" with "the Russians" (Bill Clinton's wife lost all on her own -- she was a lousy candidate and had a ton of negative baggage), if it were proven that he did or even knew about it, that is a violation of numerous Federal laws probably starting with the Logan Act.

Again, there are 2 reasons all of this Russians-ate-my-homework nonsense has pretty much fizzled out. First, there's no evidence anywhere to support the idiotic claim that Trump conspired with the dreaded Russians to punk Bill Clinton's wife, and second, there is significant evidence mounting that the Obama Regime spied on Team Trump -- "wiretapped", if you will.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Collusion does not imply puppet. Henry VII was not a puppet of France. Louis XVIII was not a puppet of Britain and Prussia.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Trump has not violated Logan act because he did not discuss foreign policy issues with a foreign power while he was running.

We don't know whether he did or did not, as it's still being investigated. And you don't know either.

But it appears likely those within his campaign did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join