It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC planning 'full scale' terrorist attack drill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I know this isn't the first time a terrorist attack has been staged, but at this scale? It will involve 6 different sites, hundreds of emergency responders and hundreds of volunteer actors playing victims and even having mutliple groups of perpetrators, they want it realistic as possible. Coincidence in timing with the growing tensions in North Korea and the big meeting coming up? Or are they preparing for something?

Link

if you're walking around Washington DC early Wednesday, you may encounter blaring sirens, stressed emergency service personnel, police cordons and utter pandemonium. Not to worry, it’s part of a ‘full scale’ terrorist attack drill.

Hundreds of police, fire, and emergency medical service personnel, as well as volunteer actors, will take part in the exercise, designed to prepare for the possibility of“a complex coordinated terror attack in the National Capital Region.”

The drill will be staged at six sites in the District of Columbia, suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia, according to a statement from the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments. It occurs just hours before the entire US Senate attend a major White House briefing on North Korea.

Everything that's going on right now is like a plot to some post apocalyptic movie, could you imagine during the drill, an actual attack happens? Ok, maybe not, but what better time to carry out a terrorist attack on the US, than during a nuclear war with North Korea? Is my imagination too wild or is this all part of the script? What on Earth is going on? Hmm..
edit on 26-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Interesting choice of words.

Hollywood probably wrote their script.

While I don't see a problem with drills.

Not everything can be planned for.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Six sites, not six cities. In DC, the scale is appropriate given the number of a) government buildings and b) number of agencies in the area.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
so this already happened? how is that even possible that there is nothing on youtube yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oops, I swear I read cities somewhere. Maybe subconsciously I was trying to be melodramatic

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Something, smells fishy. And I'm not talking about the corrupt politicians.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Would you rather we don't drill? Because. ...

MS
FEMA/Dept of Homeland Security
1st Responder
edit on 26-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

There is a need for these kinds of drills to better prepare for an attack but it also shows how easy it would be to pull off a false flag attack.

I've never really believed any of the mass shootings have been false flag attacks but it is a possibility. There have been no major attacks so far since Trump has been president which is a bit surprising since the country has been so divided since even before the election.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I have no problem with the drills at all. Just reporting and speculating the what ifs, given the uncanny timing of it, on top of everything else that's going on in the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Bwhahahaaaa!

Bout the only thing DC doesn't plan for ?

The outcome of the last election

Which is why that they should be planning for a 'popular' uprising.

That direction has been well established.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The last few years...we 1st responders have been discussing how much it seems our efforts are not understood, won't be appreciated, and have even discussed why we stay.

Well...please try NOT to speculate. The military does it, high school marching bands do it, fire fighters, police, hazmat responders, office buildings, grade schools.

And someone has to. We train, we drill, we certify for medical, search and rescue, fire fighting, emergency and hazmat response and a ton of stuff.

We train for everything. And more you cant imagine....and you'd be expecting us to come to you in a time of crisis...right? Or not?

You know you can volunteer yourself? We could use citizen help. Contact your local city, county, township, state's Fire Department, Emergency Management Departments, Red Cross etc.

MS, 1st Responder, ADLS/Advanced Disaster Life Support
Emergency Medical Tech, Emergency Response Team
FEMA/Department of Homeland Security
Region 2 South, Wayne County, MI

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

On 9-11-01 wasn't there a mock attack going on? Purely by coincidence of course.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Drills happen 365 days a year. Why people cling to the fact that a drill is happening somewhere at some point when something else is happening somewhere else as being some sort of proof that it's a conspiracy is ignorant in the extreme. Drills, simulations, practice runs, etc don't "just happen to be" happening. They're always happening. All day, every day, all over the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Cling? I found it odd that norad couldn't tell what planes were real and not.

How many cities in the US? 365 days in a year, and it all hit just right (or wrong ).

I find trusting these institutions after bay of Tonkin difficult.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My significant other is trained in a lot of stuff, I have my own areas as well, like you.

It isn't that people don't understand, per se, it is they are fearful.

There are a number of drills that have gone from training to live events. Even the sheeple notice this, or learn about it later.

When you have a lot of uncertainty going on, like this week; people get worried/fearful.

"What if..." plays through everyone's minds.
edit on C17645442 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This week at my work we just went through a failover drill..
Unexpected except by only the top people.
Queue the Xfiles music because clearly something terrible is going to happen where I work now.

Meanwhile in the real world, drills take place every day all around the country , literally every day you could find a drill or training going on so literally every day you could find an event that makes the timing "coincidental".

Complex scenarios require repetition and muscle memory to quickly navigate them. Nah, it's a sign that the IllumiNSAMasons are coming.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think one problem people have with drills, is the aftermath, when the government lies about them.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It doesn't "all hit" right. For every instance when a drill and live event happen to coincide there's dozens upon dozens when it doesn't.

Hell half the time people try to connect drills taking place miles away from an event as somehow being part of the event. Oh the swat team was practicing on the other side of the city? Conspiracy confirmed!

Nobody said anything about "trusting these institutions." I'm talking about the continued reliance on things that happen all the time as somehow being proof of something. Case in point? Gulf of Tonkin wasn't exactly a common thing, was it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Agreed. As we can see...more people address these trainings that way instead of the reality and the real necessity of having a plan i.c.e. (And we know many dont...and are 1st to scream "CONSPIRACY! FALSE FLAG!".)

When you have 1st Responders like my team and myself...starting to question whether we should even bother anymore...thats not a good sign. And it is what we discuss...

Those same citizens would be screaming for us in times of need with a wall on top of them or their kids...so it does get discouraging to us.*

*And more and more of us are leaving emergency management and rescue...and we've not seen that in the last 10 years or so.

Thank you for the reply

top topics

join