It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie hospital fire: Blaze in cancer research unit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

A fire has broken out in a research building attached to the world-renowned Christie cancer hospital. The blaze started at about 10:35 BST at the Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute on Wilmslow Road and involves the first floor plant room and roof space.

Looks like quite a large blaze with 12 fire engines reported to be on the scene trying to get the blaze under control along with 2 aerial platforms.

Nerette Navarro, a student carrying out cancer research at The Christie, was working in the building when the fire broke out. "Either everything is burnt, smoke damaged or water damaged, so everything is lost," she said.

The unit is attached to the main building and does not house patients, but it does however do important research for cancer treatments...and from the quote above it appears lots of data and research chemicals, apparatus etc..may have been lost or damaged beyond recovery/repair.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

the first floor plant room and roof space.

If by "plant room" they mean electrical room, that could explain it. Lots of power consumed by imaging and cancer 'therapy' equipment.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes very true, but i also happen to know through work as we are supplying the materials to the contractors that the roof in that area of the building is being re felted which involves the use of naked flame burners/torches and the felts are bitumen based so very flammable...so could be relatedi must make clear though that this is just speculation on my part and is not been mentioned in the news article.
edit on 26-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They must have had a breakthrough in research.

I'd like to use a particular smiley, but the offerings here are beyond pathetic, so "eyeroll".

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Hey you could very well be correct this is a conspiracy site after all...the sad part is i would not be at all surprised if that turned out to be true.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was prepared to ask if this is what the FDA meant when they said they'd be cracking down on 'illegal' cancer treatments.... but then I saw this happened in the UK. It's a shame either way.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I see, the fire occurred concurrent with construction... most probably related, then.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If by "plant room" they mean electrical room, that could explain it. Lots of power consumed by imaging and cancer 'therapy' equipment.

I think they mean....eh...
PLANT.....ROOM..
...You Know...Where we keep the...eh...PLANTS.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: intrptr

I think they mean....eh...
PLANT.....ROOM..
...You Know...Where we keep the...eh...PLANTS.

My bad, I though they meant 'power plant room', sort of like... where the electrical power is... 'kept'.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth
a reply to: 123143

Hey you could very well be correct this is a conspiracy site after all...the sad part is i would not be at all surprised if that turned out to be true.

The negative side of the Force has been sabotaging ingenuity for decades now. Alternative sources of energy are a big part of their focus. Many people developing alternative energy solutions have been murdered. The objective is to keep Big Oil profits rolling in.

Microbiologists are another victim as a group, but I can't remember what they were/are working on.

Disease is very lucrative, especially cancer. There is zero incentive to cure big ticket illnesses. We are victims, in turn, of our own Capitalistic tendencies. I might even say, mercenary tendencies.

Everyone knows the dollar lords it above all other considerations.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Since we are already talking about possible conspiracies, I have heard some expressions of opposition to the charity Cancer Research because of its use of animals in testing. I have no idea if that is actually true, but it has definitely been alleged.

new topics

top topics

join