It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Apparent Gas Leak Kills Georgian Premier: Update: No Gas leak Found, CO Suspected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by dev_add
IT IS NOT THE RUSSIANS!!!

Georgia is still influenced by Russia, but trust me...Russia is not doing it.
It goes pretty deep.

Well, all the evidence other members and i have been posting shows that Russia does have more than a reason for doing this.

Muaddib...."Evidence" found online is usually a good source, I agree with most of you...but as far has is death...I dont believe Moscow had much of an influence on it....

It was power and money struggle within It's own Gov't

Im an American Living here in Tbilisi Georgia (the Capitol).....and if you live here you get a better outlook on things, reading the local papers, and being involved in the politics and workings on a day to day basis......

Good thread....

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Makes for interesting reading....

English ver of Georgian paper

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Zurab Zhvania had been working on making Georgia more democratic, while the kremlin and Putin's own actions have lately been the oposite.

Knowing that the kremlin has used several ways to get rid of their oponents, such as poisoning, and branding some oponents as terrorists without proof, i think it is safe to say that if anyone did kill this man, it was the kremlin.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, we're not going to get anywhere with the whole "is not" "is too" game, so I suppose we'll be agreeing to disagree here. I can certainly see why somebody would suspect the Russians of murder- their leader is a KGB man after all. But I also gotta say that you can't blame a guy for having other suspicions. Russia definately doesn't have the market cornered on political assassinations.
This would be a departure from our typical strategy of shooting our friends at checkpoints in Iraq, but that's only to be expected since this particular target wasn't in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Zurab Zhvania had been working on making Georgia more democratic, while the kremlin and Putin's own actions have lately been the oposite.

Knowing that the kremlin has used several ways to get rid of their oponents, such as poisoning, and branding some oponents as terrorists without proof, i think it is safe to say that if anyone did kill this man, it was the kremlin.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Muaddib]

Muaddib, Very good point and very possible.....

But there were many other issues going on in his own administration, some were publicised while others came to light after his death.......

Personnnaly I think it has to do with the new pipeline that is being built here....he was known supporter of it and the US being here....
(this is gonna help your arguement but...) Moscow does not want the pipeline here, obviously because it help Georgia become more independant and increase there ties with the US....he was the lead man on that deal and his work has been delayed because of it (he had a big meeting maybe a week after his death...dont know if it is significant or not..)

So thats the 2% of me that thinks it was from Moscow

Both are very likely....the Georgians mostly believe it done by his people as well....there is still an going investigation as stated in the website.....

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

What I find interesting is in the line; Zurab Zhvania, was Killed early Thursday.
Should it not have read died early Thursday. An then to add, “It’s an accident”
Maybe I’m splitting hairs, Killed or died in an accident.

I have to echo Sauron's comments here (and an excellent observation in semantics by the way). Certainly is fishy... And Carbon Dioxide??? Possibly a typo I suppose...Carbon Monoxide would be from the heater...(killed some here in FL during the hurricanes, fumes from generators).

I'm with Nygdan here, something doesn't smell right in the former communist block. Something's going down folks...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join