It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is war good or bad?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
War like it or not is a necessary function of the state.

Even when it's bad it's good.

It all comes down to perspective.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
War is human nature as a barbaric expression and used as a negotiation by other means. War is hell. New technologies used for good come from war. Terrible unthinkable weapons are used in the name of war and teach a lesson to us all about the use of restraint when dealing with potential adversaries.

War should be a last resort. WW2 should've taught us that lesson. Too bad us humans are really stupid and can't learn to save our lives
edit on 26-4-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
war can be good, sort of. i think it was a good thing they went to war and stopped Hitler but it was still a horrible thing even tho it pretty much needed to be done. Hitler would have just kept killing innocent people if he had not been stopped but lots of innocent people were also kill while stopping him. so in this case it was a good thing and a bad thing.

war is always bad because lots of people have to die but there are rare occasions where it actually needs to happen. war is also very expensive which also makes it a bad thing.. if they were able to use the money they spend building bombs and such crap for other things they could o so much good with that money but trillions of dollars are spent on weapons.

no matter what war is horrible. if we go to war for the right reasons i guess you can say its good and bad at the same time.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
War is FUN; for the daemons down in hell who have so much enjoyment, when torturing every sinner that has the blood of innocents dripping off their hands.

They have fun for eternity with all evil globalists and NWO fanatics.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

it's good. Like a spanking, it's good for countries (including America) to know there is physical consequences for actions. You know why my kids eat all their supper and don't talk back? spankings. There has always been war and forever be war, the world will end and be reborn with one climatic war. it's a fact.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

It doesn't matter how you try to sugar coat it war is bad. Period.

would you say a movie is bad without seeing one? just reading other's reviews? Just curious, have you been in a war or seen one with your own eyes? I have.

Tom Clancy books don't count either brah

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I can only go by how past wars have had an effect on my current life. I've had older generations of my family go off to war, but have been quite fortunate to have them all return safely. Past wars have influenced and shaped the technology I benefit from and enjoy today, as well as shaped my current society into one I view as modern and progressive (when compared to the past), so just going by this most basic criteria I could say that generally speaking, war is good.

But naturally this sterilised viewpoint does not take into account the suffering of literally countless individuals that led up to the high quality of life I currently benefit from. That is beyond my comprehension or compassion, but it is a component I recognise and understand.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

You're right. Without war We'd still be hunting and gathering wildlife like our ancestors. No new inventions wouldn've happen.
edit on 09/04/1994 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hello all, I used to believe war wasn't the answer, but it must be if we have all this technology and social constructs.

I was wondering in everyone's point of view if war helps or hurts us.

plus the question "Is war good or bad?"

Define war, explain the reasons for going to war.

You said you used to believe war want the answer, but it must be because of bla bla bla......

Where are you getting your point of view from?

Have you experience war first hand?

If yes, was it as a civilian in a war zone trying to stay alive and trying to help your loved ones stay alive or was it as a soldier?

If no, then I think you have an invalid opinion like anyone else that hasn't experienced first hand what war and the aftermath of war can do the human psyche.

Anyway, do you think war is good or bad?

without defining what the war consists of and why its being fought its a question that's to vague to give a detailed answer or to discuss.

If I am at war with myself to stop a habit that is harmful to myself in the long run then that war is good.

If its war where countries are dropping bombs on each other then its bad.

Not sure how anyone can justify war where innocents are killed.

edit on 26-4-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

In what part of the post was I preparing anyone for anything?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I hope so. Maybe we can move spiritually past war or live in the internet with fake bodies.. if it happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

I agree. Though for the masses, it has created enough diversity to abolish some ridiculous laws.
For the elite, it has created a controlled population to maintain balance with nature itself, without going overboard into resources.

Well, those same people were dedicated for a better future, for us descendants and furthermore down life. They chose to die for us, knowing the good and bad will come.

They only hoped the good would be greater

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

the people who think war is good, will change their position when boots begin to march in their neighborhood.
when foreign soldiers knock on your front door demanding to search your place.

the day this happens on u.s. soil is the day we as a people will come together to end all of our police actions.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
War is what it is: It's an inevitability given human nature and, as you pointed out, increasing war technologies.

That said, the real question is whether or not war becomes an accepted nuisance to society, a goal, or something that remains an abhorrent reality that we should hope could cease to exist and only use as a defense against direct, within-border attacks on our nation. I'm sure that you can see which one I may fall under.

But if you take it down to the brass tacks, war is murder written off as something else because someone else is always the aggressor and always to blame. There is very little personal responsibility when it comes to war (the other guy ALWAYS started it), and often times, it is used too quickly and with a poor strategy that causes it to drag on and on and on (like we see right now in the ME).

War is never good, if you're using an actual definition of the word, but it is sometimes unavoidable because someone else attacks first. So, my more complicated direct answer would be that war is not good--it is always bad--but can be seen as "right" when it is forced by someone else. It's better than just allowing another nation or group of people slaughter your citizens without responding.

But avoidable wars are always bad.

Always.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
War is and always will be bad. We all know this. And yet, we will sit back and rationalize excuses as to why it's necessary.

It's only necessary in order to keep our planet at the current state it's in. Do you like that state?

Killing others ( or ordering people to do so ) falls into the realm of psychopathic thinking. Don't help THEM justify it. Answer me this; how would you feel holding your dead child after he/she is murdered in an act of war? Would you then give a reason as to why this act was necessary?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

War is good after it pushes past peace's threshold.
It is like a rest button after too much saving and deleting.

This creates new laws and better social constructs.
Sure, many people die of poverty after the fact but that always will exist as long as money exists.
Labels we are, but we let them label us. Had the poor banded together to make their own form of government, then the elites would fall slowly until they become poor themselves.

How can you balance the rich on the left and poor on the other? If you were to switch the money on different sides, would that balance?

There's got to be a better way to remove poverty without momentary value. But of course, no one will work for free.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Would we get cursed 7x7 years?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Then we would still have slaves and low end tech to help get general things in life or achieve goals.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

No, demons wouldn't do that. They love to party with saints and angels.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

Just know that, when we die no matter the cause, God or that higher power won't throw anybody into hell.
He'd probably give them a chance in life with a clean slate, he could given the a new life with half a clean slate, he could even given them a life with the same slate.

Those (human options as i am limited to what he might think) decisions could 1.) Give him a great abundant life in the new life, 2.) Give him a decent life with some stuff, or 3.) Be born poor, but raised with values that one day he helps humanity as a whole, and in return cleaning off his old life with the sins he has burden himself with.

On topic: I hated war for the basic reason which was death and destruction. Now, I'm balance with it as there should be means to have war.

We humans aren't the only animals trying to control territory or the world itself.

I know the technology we have today doesn't matter. It was the lives that sacrificed themselves to better their children (us descendants). The values, and morals from war taught us new skills and views of the world.

Yes, war is evil when lives are at stake. And yes, war is good when we need to advance in any way. But many people who are afraid of death, are afraid of better life for their children.
I could be wrong though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join