It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is war good or bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this.

Hello all, I used to believe war wasn't the answer, but it must be if we have all this technology and social constructs. The question is as follows:

I was wondering in everyone's point of view if war helps or hurts us.

My thoughts:
This was random to ask and I don't have claims or anything else to back it up.
From pure observation, I think war (on any scale) can help growth from technical to social. It hurts when we deal with the loss of lives to infrastructures. In the end, there is more, less, or equal in balance to benefits and damages.
We can thank war for the things we have today, as well as the skills we possess.
Without war, in my opinion, we wouldn't be so advanced as we are now.

I wonder if this is how great civilizations were wiped out. Atlantis (weather real or fiction) came to mind. If War World III happens with nukes, would we become cyborgs? After radiation exposure, i would assume the rich and higher ups, would be the first to become cyborgs. As the tech advances with more production, it would be affordable to live in a radioactive world. Cyborgs would exist because our bodies wouldn't handle the fallout. To prevent human loss, we'd have to switch bodies.

Anyway, do you think war is good or bad?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

It doesn't matter how you try to sugar coat it war is bad. Period.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Are you here to prep us for war and how we should embrace it. Why what's going to happen?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Into the Badlands here we come...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In my opinion bad for the unwashed masses i.e me and you but good for the higher ups/elite or what ever you prefer to call them.

Granted we have had some amazing technological advancements because of war but how many people had to die before it filtered down as useful everyday tech for the masses.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

War is good for the people who make weapons. War is good for the bankers because countries accumulate so much debt.

For everyone else, if you are not killed then it keeps you in poverty on both sides. Hopes and dreams. White phosphorous weapons in Falluja. How many Arabs do we have to kill before enough is enough. I've heard many people say "All of them". The United States and genocide of the Arabs morally okay under the banner of Class of Civilizations. Just label someone is all you have to do to treat them as sub-humans. Label, label, label. We are worthless labels.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Bad. Or might we say straight evil.
Conflict resolution Cain style.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
War is the idiotic choice to an otherwise creative solution problem...

In other words, violence is an action carried out without much thought into the matter, it's an option you use either when there are no other options or you haven't thought about other options.

Many wars could of been ended via good intelligence and a precision strike, either by person, bomb or other means.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You're asking a yes or no question for something that doesn't have a yes or no answer.

Of course war and killing is bad.
But as long a someone is using violence to get their will forced upon a people you will need violence to prevent that very thing.

Human nature will have to change first...god luck with that.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
War is bad. Its evil. There are worst thinks then war. So war is a lesser evil.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
the answer is yes... it is good... and yes it is bad.

War to stop hitler... he needed to be stopped I do not think anyone disagrees with that.. or napoleon.. or the greeks fighting Xerses to remain free, Heck I even think killing sadaam was the right thing to do, just 30 years later than it should have been.

BUT... there is no way to wage war and not kill innocents, war is a brutal thing to go through that will damage the participants for the rest of their lives, when you figure in things like radioactive fallout from the bomb, or the depleted uranium rounds for the A-10... people that were not even in the war can be damaged by the fallout from it.

Also lets not forget the mines that are still scattered all over the world, maiming and killing years after the conflict ended.

So in short... Yes to both.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
im pretty sure war is bad, a last resort

I dont know why with technology today we cant play a good game of world war online to save lives.

and if the furor dies in the video game then they are executed
edit on 26-4-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
the answer is yes... it is good... and yes it is bad.

War to stop hitler... he needed to be stopped I do not think anyone disagrees with that.. or napoleon.. or the greeks fighting Xerses to remain free, Heck I even think killing sadaam was the right thing to do, just 30 years later than it should have been.

BUT... there is no way to wage war and not kill innocents, war is a brutal thing to go through that will damage the participants for the rest of their lives, when you figure in things like radioactive fallout from the bomb, or the depleted uranium rounds for the A-10... people that were not even in the war can be damaged by the fallout from it.

Also lets not forget the mines that are still scattered all over the world, maiming and killing years after the conflict ended.

So in short... Yes to both.

if you're Hitler its not good

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is an inevitable human constraint. As human being, yes war is bad.

It is necessary until we reach that age of enlightenment. That means, all peoples are educated and cared for, the perfect globalized society.

As it stands, we got a long ways to go.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

when you start the dance you cannot really complain about the outcome.

he decided to invade other countries, he decided to slaughter innocents that thought differently, he decided to turn on people he was allied with.

When you are on the big stage their are quite often harsh consequences for bad decisions.

ETA: I imagine the survivors of the death camps are probably pretty happy with the outcome of the war as well..
edit on 26-4-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I agree, I am happy with the outcome as well, not a nazi here

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Sorry... did not mean to imply that.

been having sleep issues so do not always think it through when I am typing.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In 'Warrior God' societies (as opposed to 'Mother Nature' societies) man has been warring for EVER.

To occupy more land, control more resources and exert dominance over possible threats.

If you think that the powers that be destroying civilisations, carving up the globe to their own ends, subjugating dissent amongst their own populations and causing untold physical and emotional pain to people across the world is a suitable price to pay for technological developments that would undoubtedly have happened anyway...then war is good.

By the way, the vast majority of defining technological advancements have happened in places and periods of stability and peace, not during or in preparation for war. Though, warmongers are experts at capitalising on useful advances.

Currently, allowing the big financial institutions and multi-national corporations to wreck the lives of millions of people to make it easier to control the last of the fossil fuels and usher in a global digital credit system is BAD. Unless you are a member of the soulless elite that is desperate to create a global depopulated fascist state so that your offspring can continue to lord it over the rest of the world when the easy energy runs out, in which case it is GOOD.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

It doesn't matter how you try to sugar coat it war is bad. Period.

War is a sort of vigorous political negotiation.

It can be bad, or good, depending on why you're doing it.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

i understand how one would lean that way, im was just pointing out that war is not ever good, It is good that we killed Hitler, but the war part no, not good.

Hitler would be the first to say that as well as the casualties.

Necessary...yes, but good...never

sorry i am splitting hairs

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join