It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruders intruders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What would you guys do, if you have intruders in your house. You haven't seen them before, they are armed and they are dressed in black. The reason for me asking this is, I saw this article, www.nbcnews.com... in another forum with a lot of discussion about it. Most of the people were supporting the guy but a few were of the opinion that he shouldn't have fired at the intruders.
Well let me make my point, I would have done the same had it been me in his shoes. I have an intrusion alarm system installed in my home but I have been thinking of getting a rifle license and a rifle for some time now.
Tell me what do you think of this.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
They get an ass full of shotgun.
It stays next to the bed.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
There was a time when I would have fully agreed. Now, though, police use no-knock warrants and sometimes bust into the wrong house. So how do you calculate the odds of a break in vs. cops thinking they're busting a meth lab? We live in crazy times.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Fake cops maybe. Shoot whoever bursts into your home and don't look familiar.

Then they will learn to knock.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It depends where I am living at the time,

If in London UK then you have to let the intruder take what they want and rape whoever needs raping as it would be against their human rights to come up against force, case in point is intruders who have successfully sued home owners who have used force against them.. Some have won substantial amounts (yes it is that absurd here). I am not fooled by the "use of force act" it does not protect the law abiding citizen and simply gives the criminal # bags a way out.

In all seriousness they would probably get a broad head from a compound bow to the nuts, if some c#nt nugget forces entry I will take the sentence...

If in the Philippines where stand your ground is very much permitted then I would shoot the bastards, probably in the knee first then we can go from there.. Local law enforcement would back you 100% even as a foreigner..

The whole rhetoric of appropriate force is laughable, the average Joe is not trained well enough to see a situation unfolding and to make "ideal" judgements in such a high pressure situation, if a intruder comes in you should be able to use "full force" to protect family and property, it is a sad state of affairs when we even talk about intruders having rights..

RA

edit on 26-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If you kick my door in late at night, you better be yelling "Police" really loud, because I may not be able to hear you over the sound of gunfire.
If I see black clad people and masks, I'm going to assume body armor and start going for head shots. I always feel the need to qualify some of this. I'd never shoot a man over trying to steal my TV or something like that, but coming in already displaying weapons is a sure way to die. Those kids were showing they were ready to seriously hurt someone and if they didn't think of that and were only trying to intimidate.....well, they should have thought of that.
When people are faced with violence, they react in 1 of 2 ways..They cower and co operate or they defend themselves any way they can, many times with deadly force. These guys happen to have the bad luck to run into someone who didn't cower.
And I have no problem with that.
edit on 26-4-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Not just in London, that's through-out the entire UK. Yep, the intruders have more rights than the resident. Is it a European thing as in Human Rights? no idea TBQH, lets hope it is so that it can be repealed after Brexit.

I won't hold my breath though

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AnneFlemings

Not long ago, the US Supreme Court ruled that the individual is responsible for the safety of themselves and their property. Nobody else is.

By law, the cops don't have to help you if they don't want to.

Best to arm yourself, for home defense though I would recommend a pistol, save the rifle for squirrel or deer. Get a little 9mil or something and practice with it until you're pretty good at shooting a beer can from 10-25 feet away since thats the range most people discharge their weapons in.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Shoot them....I carry my firearm everywhere in the world (licensed to carry) and next to me and the wife by the bed.

Specifically? You have the right (in Michigan USA) to shoot if:

1. you are confronted by someone IN your home (but not if you say pull up and SEE someone in your home or garage).
2. you are or going to be carjacked
3. robbed or assaulted
4. in defending someone else from any of the above.

This is way I carry a "hand-cannon" large bore(barrel) 45 caliber...and a small 2 shot derringer (my last chance out of bullets in my face my God Im about to die) second weapon and figuring both at close range.

If in any case Im going for either given the legal necessity to defend myself or others.*

*Long guns, shotguns are fine within the home if you can get to them

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

until you're pretty good at shooting a beer can from 10-25 feet away since thats the range most people discharge their weapons in.

Folks need to learn to draw and shoot from the hip also. Many times in a close quarters defensive situation, arm's length or less, there's no time to actually bring the weapon up to a regular stance and aim.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Recent training has added "NEVER DRAW ON AN ALREADY DRAWN WEAPON" ...wait for an opportunity, because you can die in an instant if youre seen going for it before you ever get to it *

*Add-ie: back up, take cover, DUCK etc...1st etc etc etc
edit on 26-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
There was a time when I would have fully agreed. Now, though, police use no-knock warrants and sometimes bust into the wrong house. So how do you calculate the odds of a break in vs. cops thinking they're busting a meth lab? We live in crazy times.

So, inaction is the best defense?? Which ever the cause might be, let yourself be the helpless/innocent victim?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I carry my firearm everywhere in the world (licensed to carry)

Just wondering ........ how big is your world?

Unless you have a diplomatic bag and/or EXTREME special permission i can't see you being allowed to carry in the UK

PS, the UK is part of the world

edit on 2017-04-26T07:33:15-05:002017Wed, 26 Apr 2017 07:33:15 -0500bWednesday3304America/Chicago177 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Anyone entering a private residence, armed, with the intention of using those arms to either kill or threaten the homeowner in the event of a confrontation, should expect to die in the commission of such an offence, and further to that, the homeowner or resident who deals the mortal wounds to the perpetrators should never be remotely inconvenienced by the authorities over the matter.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

should expect to die in the commission of such an offence

Agreed TrueBrit, however, you also live in the UK so know what the consequences would be once the Police and PCS have had a get together and reviewed the "evidence"

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I never could quite figure out why that's a recent thing in training...always seemed like common sense to me. You're never gonna out draw a guy with his finger already on the trigger.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

To clarify: United States of America...license is reciprocal in over 35 states. If youre perfectly comfortable with the speed of your law enforcement response and how you defend your family, self, home and country anyway you can...fine.

In the U.S....we'd rather have a firearm at the end of our arms in a life and death situation...than a telephone to the police...who may be many minutes away...long enough for me to die with the phone in my hand before they get there.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes..youre correct. It never was emphasized in training and re-training for license certification. But it makes sense.

If you find yourself in that situation and the bad guys got his out...find a corner, cabinet, doorway or wait until they turn or look away to draw your own.

This is being pushed heavy this year in training....

new topics

top topics

join