It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time issue today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ok.. So today. A trip that normally takes me 31 minutes to make, (commute to work) took me way longer. Not a big deal.. Normally I would agree. However, no traffic, no lights, no slow moving vehicles in front of me.. Still not too abnormal. However, this is why it was weird. The segments I use to gauge.. Go 8 minutes, 9 minutes, 10 minutes, 4 minutes.. Meaning, thats the average duration I use to know if I'm running late. I call ahead of time if at any point I hit a snag. I'm notorious for being late, so I always time it out. Today I left early because I had to be on time. I left early, I had no worries. But the first segment took 11 minutes. And as I was checking the clock I was confused. At one point, 2 minutes seemed to go by in a few seconds. Second segment took 12 minutes. Again, I was baffled. Third segment took 15. Cause I left early, I was still on time if the last segment took 4 like usual. Well 5 minutes later I was still in route. My boss called and I said I'm about a minute away. I pulled in, parked and went inside. I was 5 minutes late. I had no idea how. I was driving at my top speed, which is 70 mph, (I have a restriction in place that does not allow me to go above that). No traffic, no unusual weather, no distractions.. No explanation. Wtf happened. I felt strange, and definitely saw the clock tick from 10:41 to 10:42 to 10:43 in seconds...
edit on 25-4-2017 by asinapi1 because: Wrong input

edit on 25-4-2017 by asinapi1 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: asinapi1
Ok.. So today. A trip that normally takes me 31 minutes to make, ...

'Time' does not exist 'out there', there is no 'out there'.
'Time' (and 'life' and 'death') exists in/as thought. It is a mirage.
But, relevant to this discussion is each person's unique relationship, from moment to moment, with the 'time' and 'space' perceived.
There is no steady stream of moments making 'time'.
A moment is 'timeless'.
No matter how many you string together, the result always = 0!
Timeless.
So, like a daydream, you have a unique relationship with what you perceive as 'time'.
Thus centuries can seem to flash by instantaneously, or millennia, or a second can seem like millennia!
I've gotten good at finding where the 'ends curl around', bypassing the long trip from one end of the 'continuum' to the other, like a wormhole.

So, if you pay attention, you'll find all sorts of interesting things about the stuff of thoughts ('time', for instance) and, ultimately, 'self'. *__-

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'll bet that if you leave your house ten minutes earlier than you normally do every day, you'll never be late again.

Is that the excuse you gave your boss? Time warp? If so, I'll buy you another one:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I'll bet that if you leave your house ten minutes earlier than you normally do every day, you'll never be late again.

Is that the excuse you gave your boss? Time warp? If so, I'll buy you another one:

No. I said nothing. I'm not stupid or crazy. I was confused. My point wasn't that. I guess, I posted to see what people think happened. I think I got your tone, which is appreciated... But I don't need advice or condescending judgement. This is a conspiracy forum.. So being open minded is expected.. Maybe you have a role in being sarcastic, but it didn't help further the discussion

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: asinapi1
Ok.. So today. A trip that normally takes me 31 minutes to make, ...

'Time' does not exist 'out there', there is no 'out there'.
'Time' (and 'life' and 'death') exists in/as thought. It is a mirage.
But, relevant to this discussion is each person's unique relationship, from moment to moment, with the 'time' and 'space' perceived.
There is no steady stream of moments making 'time'.
A moment is 'timeless'.
No matter how many you string together, the result always = 0!
Timeless.
So, like a daydream, you have a unique relationship with what you perceive as 'time'.
Thus centuries can seem to flash by instantaneously, or millennia, or a second can seem like millennia!
I've gotten good at finding where the 'ends curl around', bypassing the long trip from one end of the 'continuum' to the other, like a wormhole.

So, if you pay attention, you'll find all sorts of interesting things about the stuff of thoughts ('time', for instance) and, ultimately, 'self'. *__-

Hmm, so you're saying you're still posting this, while I've never read it, but at the same time am reading it, and have read it?

Cobblers... just because the illusion of time has no specific points to define it, does not mean you did not do something, and finish it, and move on. you posted. I read. Both moments in time, and bot finite.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: asinapi1

Had a really odd thing yesterday 25th. Time stopped totally.

Dropped my youngest to school at 8.15 drived to coffee shops with my oldest, parked and walked a block with her. Waited in line, ordered the breakfast, took our time to chit chat while eating it, went for a cigarette, came back - it was 8.35 - and not 9.35 as I expected.

There is no way in this universe I can even drive, park and walk to that restaurant in 20 minutes, let alone the time for the rest.

It was really a wow effect when we both realised what just happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Dropped my youngest to school at 8.15 drived to coffee shops with my oldest, parked and walked a block with her. Waited in line, ordered the breakfast, took our time to chit chat while eating it, went for a cigarette, came back - it was 8.35 - and not 9.35 as I expected.

There is no way in this universe I can even drive, park and walk to that restaurant in 20 minutes, let alone the time for the rest.

That's it! Exactly

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

The way my brain works, I never would have noticed that. For some reason, I look at a clock and see 8:30 and then go on about my day, continuing to think it's 8:30. An hour later I'll glance at the clock and think 9:30??!! how the hell did that happen? I thought it was 8:30. My brain has NO sense that time actually passes. So I feel for OP, because I DO pay very close attention to my work route, because I'm late too much. Possible mundane explanation: have your speedometer checked? Sometimes they lose accuracy. Also traffic lights add like 1.5 minutes apiece so my route can take 11-15 minutes depending on my luck.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

This. Walking down stairs or putting on shoes can be large unnoticed differences in speed too.

Also a 31 minute trip isn't something you can realistically say to within even 10 minutes. The idea it's several segments keeps me believing that 31 as a benchmark is meaningless as it could take 25-55 minutes based on a multitude of variables.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I agree with the theory proposed, but still we have to answer some questions. Can we say that time is non-linear in it's essence? Definitely yes. Can we say it is a maya, an illusion? Absolutely! But we can't disregard the fact that human consciousness is by default rotted in maya and does not like the essential experience.

This by itself arises many other questions. What we are? How we work? Why the hell the world is the world? Is life personal experience, collective one, or something in between? Or it could be both, depending on the situation...

With your post you address time to be only personal experience. I am tempted to state that you might be onto it, but the reality could be quite more complicated.

Honestly enough, I can't give better explanation of the phenomena than you already did. And funny enough I can't allow myself to form a solid position onto this topic. There's to many variables to be taken into account. At least for me. We could discuss this far and wide, and if other members are also interested we may form a specific thread in PnM subforum, where we could discuss this phenomenon, in relation to human experience.

It's fascinating, yet highly obscure!
What can I say...
We shall see...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This made me think of a George Carlin clip i watched the other night,on "Time" Search on YT,there's several versions, my wifi is down atm so im on cell mobile data.I have noticed that the days seem to go Much faster lately,and it's not that i am busier than usual or have more to do in any given 24 hours.Time seems to have "sped up" again.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Ya that is Very weird

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a wow effect...

I decided to search facebook for an old friend I'd known over 20 years ago. every time I'd get curious, I'd look. never was on there. Sunday I looked and found him. Sent him a message, we used to be in a band together.

Monday which was my birthday, fell apart.. out of the blue, he messaged back. we caught up, I got back in touch with his entire family, and it felt like no time had passed.

Later that night he asked me if I'd messaged him because of a post on facebook someone had tagged him in. I had not even seen it. I was in that thread, I had commented. He saw my comment on Saturday. So to him, he saw me on Saturday and was curious, I was curious on Sunday and messaged him.

Monday we caught up and so many memories.

So, that never happens. to me, it is as if the universe bent time to allow two ends of two lives reconnect.

Goes to show, meditate for peace and good things, sometimes you get it...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

If your boss is calling you because you are 5 minutes late - take it seriously. Your employment is in jeopardy.

Go to bed earlier. Get up earlier - every day. Drink some coffee or tea. And always leave 15 minutes earlier than you do now. Make it your new routine. There is nothing wrong with getting to work a few minutes early every day.

Don't slack on your routine.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I have had two experiences like yours years ago while walking that still baffles me , a 2 and a half mile walk which i have done since a very early age took nearly 2 hours when 30-40 minutes is my normal time and like you i break it down in segments between markers as i am always looking at my watch when i walk .

The second time it happened i got a lift from a friend half way and the journey should have lasted 20-25 minutes max , when i arrived at my friends home for Sunday dinner it should have been 12.15 to 12.30 but it was 1,30 in the afternoon , you could have knocked me down with a feather when i looked at the clock in their house that day , i just missed the bus by seconds and decided to walk , it is a weird wonderful world we live in

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Science agrees that universe is defined by space-time - and it is flexible - it expands! This means also, that there is not only curvature of space, but also time.

Time is a measure also - and not only a mathematical dimension of space. The "measured-time" based on ticking mechanics or frequency modulation of atoms - are tested to be affected by gravity.

The time we experience however is not equal to time that can be measured. Our "experienced-time" is a similar phenomena as the double-slit experiment. This very much depends on the interaction with the observer.

Perhaps, when unobserved, time can behave differently than when observed?

My own experience the other day felt like a bubble. That the time simply did not interact with us the way it normally does. World around proceeded as normal, but time did not tick forward as it should. It was only an anomaly affecting the "Measured-time".

This I personally believe is the core of the issue. The "measured-time" does not equal to "experienced-time", and "experienced-time" can be affected some odd manner by our (sub-) consciousness.

edit on 26-4-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

You're getting old... everything happens more slowly when you are old... tip from the top: think of other things that you can do when you bend over to do up your shoelaces whilst you are down there, like dusting the skirting by the front door or hiding money in your socks

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It is threads like this that keep me coming to ATS! S&F!

I have experienced something similar to this many years ago.

My family was at South Holston Lake in TN. We would claim an island and camp for the weekend. My two brothers and I (we were grown but still come back for the July 4th weekend) decided to take a hike on the back side of the island. We walked for about an hour before heading back. This is where my story turns, we couldn't find our camp site. We ended up hiking for almost 4 hours before making it back to the camp site. We had tried calling out multiple times to try and raise our families attention but had no luck.

Here is a map of the Island we were camping on. I know because it is the same island we have camped on my whole life. Not enough land to get lost for 4 hours but we managed it. Still don't know what happened that day but my brothers and I were not on the island the whole time.....or something....

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I know exactly what you are trying to get at. I drive at night for work and I am very conscience of the time. My job is very redundant so one of my entertainments is how fast or slow I'm doing the job each night.

I have a spot that usually takes me between 5 and 6 minutes an have gone the distance in two, and I have gone the distance that should have been lass than thirty seconds take me three minutes.

So yes, I do get your feeling of disorientation.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I know exactly what you are trying to get at. I drive at night for work and I am very conscience of the time. My job is very redundant so one of my entertainments is how fast or slow I'm doing the job each night.

I have a spot that usually takes me between 5 and 6 minutes an have gone the distance in two, and I have gone the distance that should have been lass than thirty seconds take me three minutes.

So yes, I do get your feeling of disorientation.
the segments are broken down so that I can gauge my commute. I'm not in jeopardy of losing my job because I have long commute and I am necessary to the business. I just have to check in when I'm close if I'm running late. The thing was, no traffic, no issues at all yet I feel like I was driving in mud... ( that feeling sometimes you get when you feel like you can't run or swim faster even though you want to). The thing is, because I have a lead foot so to speak.. I am trying to not speed or get tickets. I drive on cruise control at the same speed every day every time. Each segment is open road, but has different speed limits. So I adjust my cruise control accordingly. If you go 5 miles at a constant speed of 55 miles per hour without braking. One day should not take you 8 minutes and the next day 12. Nothing caused me to take more time.. Even by a minute or two... The rate and distance didn't change.. So a couple of seconds.. Maybe.. Minutes.. Sorry not buying it. I'm not saying I think I was in a warp or in a matrix malfunction. I am saying it was strange. I love the feedback and discussion.. Thats what this forum should be. Also... I don't commute at normal times.. I'm in restaurant business. So it was awake already for 3 hours before I left for work

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join