It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Gods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

"American Gods,” is a book Neil Gaiman wrote in 2001. I read it then, and just re-read it now.

If you are a bibliophile, then this is one I would highly suggest.

As a bonus, STARZ is premiering the book in a new series starting April 30, 2017.

I, personally, can't wait.

EDIT;
I should add, it's a story about a man named Shadow and how a certain "god" gets him involved in a war between the gods.

I don't want to give away any more than that, but trust me, you won't be disappointed!
edit on 25-4-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
very excited for this. long overdue. and considering they bumped the new star trek back so they could focus on making this great, I expect big things.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

It's why I wanted to re-read the book.

Really looking forward to it!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You mean it's not the sequel to American Idol?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
You mean it's not the sequel to American Idol?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

American gods is possibly the best book I have ever read and an amazing story.

I hope they do it justice as if so should be incredible.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Never read the book but have it somewhere around the house, so might have to check it out. One thing i think is cool couple days ago Directv sent me a package that had 7 postcards from this show. It has a picture of each of the gods and was a pretty nice thing to get in the mail.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I also haven't read the book, the film looks really good though, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"American Gods,” is a book Neil Gaiman wrote in 2001. I read it then, and just re-read it now.

if you like Neil Gaiman check out his Sandman chronicles, its quite a journey,
www.neilgaiman.com/Cool_Stuff/Essays/Essays_About_Neil/The_Sandman_Summary
www.neilgaiman.com/Cool_Stuff/Essays/Essays_About_Neil/The_Sandman_Sum mary
ive read through the entire series 3 times.
edit on 26-4-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

as an avid Sandman reader, i followed Gaiman for a number of years. As he decided to sunset the series, my life was evolving into the hypersocial mid 20's lifestyle, and I lost time for reading. And, in the process, lost track of Neil Gaiman.

Thanks for this. Ill look it up. He's a very interesting writer, and I can imagine its good stuff.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

i had the #50 signed/numbered (i can't recall the name...it was about Ramadan).

Had 18 signed and numbered, and the 3 part Death series signed/numbered. They were all stolen, with a bunch of other alternative treasures (limited run lithos, etc) that i'd accumulated with lawn mowing money and stuff.

I at one point had an OJ Simpson rookie card. It was stolen, too. That was a few months before the infamous Bronco chase.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This is a FANTASTIC book and I recommend anyone read it. There is also a sort of followup book he wrote that takes place in the same universe but features different characters. Anansi Boys. It's pretty cool too.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

at one point in time, my goal was to get all of the sandman characters as tattoos with some of their quotes.
for now, I've failed. I got the lantern corps insignias instead.
but I ain't dead yet, so...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
for those who haven't read American gods yet, get started! it takes a little bit of brain muscle to get through...but definitely worth it.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just saw episode 1.

Mirrored the book, was brilliant!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Poor Leprechaun and his bad luck. "You're an a**hole, dead wife!". Freakin hilarious.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

This is one of the best shows in ages. Fargo 3 is on fire and this is even better. The characters are magic and the dialogue is high-level all the way through. So many laughs and yet it's also all over the emotional map - I've had goosebumps. It's got me involved and hanging off every word and scene like Breaking Bad once did.

It's great knowing they can't wring it out forever too. Gaiman's set the bar on it and won't be going the same dragged-out route as The Walking Dead guys.

I re-read Neverwhere recently and it's still a great story. Pity the BBC made a TV series in the 90s because this could be a great Netflix series. Funnily enough, Gaiman always seemed American to me because of the Sandman series. Despite reading three of his books, I never figured out he was English.

top topics

join