It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a time travel machine what year would you travel to

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would travel back, oh........ say, 1,000,000 years ago, and skip forward until I could watch the emergence of proto-humans and study their culture and sociology. That would do me.

It would be swell if I could then (after 50 or so years) return to the present to report my findings, but if not, I'd have to build a vault that would be discovered in the present (my future).

I would be particularly interested in the divergence of Austalopithicus Afarensis and Paranthropus Robustus.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Imagine going back in time with a list of where the largest deposits of precious metals and precious stones were found. You could zip back in time to "discover" the Hope Diamond a few days or weeks before it was currently discovered. Or you could find every major gold deposit a few weeks before each known "gold rush" was set to happen.

Time travel creates so many interesting possibilities.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

Egypt? tons of sweat and middle eastern food.

are you from Arkansas...you obviously have never tried midde eastern food or the great taste sensations out side of your own little cocoon.

ancient Rome? no proper plumbing and no tp

wiki

The Romans had a complex system of sewers covered by stones, much like modern sewers. ... It is estimated that the first sewers of ancient Rome were built between 800 and 735 BC. Drainage systems evolved slowly, and began primarily as a means to drain marshes and storm runoff.

Oh look you can travel outside your ignorance and use wiki

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I would love to go back to Woodstock and listen to Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Santana and hang out with free loving hippie chicks

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'd go back to some time in the 70's to invest in some shares; after amassing about $20 million skip forward to making sure I dont meet my ex wife and get to live a life of financial abundance with my current wife.

I'd also take the opportunity of trying to assassinate Jesus, Mohammad and Trotsky, Stalin, Mao Zedong, George Soros, the Bush criminals and a few others

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I would love to go back to Woodstock and listen to Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Santana and hang out with free loving hippie chicks

We are going to an Ancient Artifact conference this fall and may go to see the little River band playing there while we are there, it is in the same place we are staying. We can skip an hour of the conference to take in the concert. It's iffy about buying tickets now, you never know, the band members are my age, hopefully none have a heart attack before the concert.
It makes me feel old seeing the picture of those guys now.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

great - Little River Band the Aussie group?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

great - Little River Band the Aussie group?

The wife and I remembered almost all of their songs when we heared them, they were pretty popular here years ago. We both remembered the name of the band, but neither of us could remember the song names. Strange, to forget the names of songs from thirty to forty years ago sounds kind of alzhiemery. But then again, I probably never paid attention to names of songs anyway. Is Melanie still alive and living in Oz?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join