It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a time travel machine what year would you travel to

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would go back in time and give the caveman the wheel..... that should speed things along nicely

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is easy-I would want to go back to the creation of our country-but I would want to be part of the creation of our country with George, Thomas and all the signers-gotta meet Benjamin Franklin.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'd probably go back to 1980 or so, when I was still an innocent, oblivious kid, and all my immediate and most of my extended family members were still alive. Just so I could spend some time with them again. I really miss my family.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I would travel to the future 2200 or so.

I imagine being quickly jailed for not having a social security tattooand living out my life in the prison holo deck. Where, ironically will spend most of my time in the projected reality of 2017 trying to lobby animated algorithms to reconsider the definition of Salisbury steak ..

Yes I am going into this assuming future prison serves Salisbury steak..

You know what..eff it.. I'm staying right here..why gamble..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
This is easy-I would want to go back to the creation of our country-but I would want to be part of the creation of our country with George, Thomas and all the signers-gotta meet Benjamin Franklin.

Would you tell them about the future of the united States? Like things about the increase in federal power, second amendment issues, spying on us citizens and engaging in military conflicts with out Congressional approval.
They might come to the conclusion that the future united states is more oppressive then the British empire they are revolting against.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would be interested in seeing the outcome of introducing the steam engine and gunpowder to the Roman Empire.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
I would be interested in seeing the outcome of introducing the steam engine and gunpowder to the Roman Empire.

Latin. lots and lots of Latin.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Time travel tourism would be awesome.

I'd go visit around the Library of Alexandria (or what was left of it), around 390 ad.I would love to tour the area and try to learn more about the life and times.

Neoplatonism fascinates me.It would be a honour to talk to students of/or watch a lecture by Hypatia Of Alexandria

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

I'm sure the time police would also come looking for me as well if I messed with history.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So many place in the past I would love to see but not smell.

Honestly anything before the 1890s and the invention of the loo would make anyone hurl.

I'd go to the future to a time when we have interstellar travel and colonies in other solar systems.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
pfft...time police. not a real thing.

but also, would we be equipped with a translator of some sort? my pictionary skills are severely lacking.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Check out the far future, prepare for a massive party in a couple years.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

If I could travel back in time, I'd significantly alter history and try to take over the world. Of course, that's assuming I could take back books and basic technology with me since I'd have to be able to communicate with people for my plan of conquest to work.

If I could only travel forward in time, I'd be more reluctant if I couldn't return to this time period. For example, I'd love to travel 50-100 years into the future to see the results of today's infrastructure & economic boom in East Africa. And I'd love to see if any of my personal efforts today had any significant results on the future. But I'd hate to see how many of my friends and family died while I was gone.

Traveling too far into the future might be pointless though. There's no guarantee that I'd be able to communicate with anyone and the microbes in my body might lead to massive pandemics. And that's assuming there would even be human life on Earth at all. It could be a time period where humans have killed ourselves off and Nature has reclaimed itself. What's the point in living if there are no ladies to spend that time with? Running around making mud huts and foraging by myself would suck.

And if humans did still exist, there's no telling what kind of social and religious practices would make life horrible for me. It might be like if I traveled back in time to the days of the US' Founders because back then, I'd probably be treated as a runaway slave and enslaved for the rest of my life. Screw that. And what if I traveled to a future time where cannibalism was the rage again and my super manly aura made me look like an appetizing meal? Screw that too.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'd take a camera with me and would go back 5-6 thousand years and watch some ancient civilisations being built and see if theyr god's really existed or that they were mad, then do all the stock market stuff and get rich.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I would find out, that is the "stoned ape theory" correct or not.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Yes, definitely. But I would love to hear their discussions between each other as they were so different in their approaches.
These guys were 1000 times smarter than me so I would mainly listen-and ask a question now and then.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I'd travel to one day before anywhere Zazz is going and then bust up the indoor plumbing.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

the silly answer : the year 2525 - just to see : "if man is still alive "

the megalomanic answer - ANY point in history - but laziness would limit me to the english speaking world 1400 to 2010

with the ability to take back just knowledge - i would change the world [ for better or worse ]

example : a volley of CS gas grenades fired at the Jn of huston st and main st [ dallas texas ] seconds before a certain limosine made its turn into huston

you dont need a monumental or pivotal event to change the world - with what i know now - i can change the world at any point prior to yesterday

the curious answer - any point in history - just to have been there

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

For some reason I've always wondered what my parents were like as kids (teenagers/early adults) and whether or not they'd be the type of people I could imagine hanging around with so I think I'd go back to a point there and maybe if possible I'd like to see my grandfather in his prime (he was supposed to be a proper nutter lol) so yh maybe not the most imaginative but I think if I had a time machine I'd like to go then (not there because of time travel I guess lol) if I could take another trip probably go back to young me and kick him in the backside and tell him not to leave school early.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I would go back to about 2008 and buy a bunch of computers, lie in wait for January 2009 and then mine a whole # ton of bitcoin. And buy the rest people are selling.

Then i would give my past self notes on the future alt crypto trading markets up until now 2017 as well as notes on where blockchain tech and trends are headed and all the avenues available. Itd be a big book of notes.

Then i would travel to about 2040 or so and assume my new position as head honcho in the powers that be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join