It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder if the Clintons are Jealous that Obama gets paid 400k for speaking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Washington Post Opinion

For perspective, a few other high earners include: Tim Geithner, $200,000 per speech; Ben Bernanke, $200,000 to $400,000; George W. Bush, $150,000; Chelsea Clinton and Dick Cheney, both $75,000; and Newt Gingrich, $60,000. These figures are from an ABC News analysis. (Disclosure: I’m in Palm Beach as a paid speaker, but I’m dirt-cheap — and tons funnier — compared with Clinton.)

Hmmm the only Republican that even comes close to the Clinton's Speaker fee is GWB.

Obama’s $400K speech makes him Wall Street’s new ‘fat cat’

Former President Barack Obama, less than 100 days out of office, has agreed to speak at a Wall Street conference run by Cantor Fitzgerald LP, senior people at the firm confirm to FOX Business. His speaking fee will be $400,000, which is nearly twice as much as Hillary Clinton, his secretary of state, and the 2016 Democratic Party candidate, charged private businesses for such events.

Hypocrite Alert

It’s also likely to be a source of criticism against the former president given Obama’s record of attacks against Wall Street bankers for making huge salaries while average Americans were suffering from the ravages of the 2008 financial crisis. Obama, a progressive Democrat, spoke frequently about Wall Street greed during his eight years as president, and now he’s accepting a speaking fee from the industry he singled out as the main culprit of the banking collapse.

You better believe your ass it will be. Seems to me hes more greedy then the Clinton's. And thats saying a lot.

“Is there an irony here because he spoke incessantly about the income gap and is now earning from those same people he criticized? Yes it is,” said Hank Sheinkopf, a Democratic political consultant. “Should we expect it? Yes, we should because all former presidents do this. He went on the attack against Wall Street and now he’s being fed by those same people he called ‘fat cats.’ It’s more hypocritical than ironic.”

Hes a Libtard and Libtards can do no wrong, offend no one, something that Conservatives can never dream of being just that perfect. I mean its almost like he's the Messiah and immune to criticism.

Of course, Obama wouldn’t be the first politician or even former president to accept large fees for speaking to business groups. Most presidents like Obama, who isn’t independently wealthy, also seek to cash in on their celebrity through speaking fees and lucrative book deals. (Obama has already signed a book deal worth a reported $60 million.)

"The Audacity of Hope Left in America: Thoughts on the coming Revolution to Resist, Resist, Resist - By Barack and Michelle Obama.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
For an hour-long speech that will be $111.11 per second.

... and we know how he likes to make poignant pauses.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hope your thread does better than mine.

Who knew so many people loved one percenters

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

What makes me angry is how anyone who has been voted to serve the American people can make more than four times the average yearly income of those people in one day. Hours to be exact.

Trump is no different in that facet.
And you thought the Clintons were paid a bunch of money per speech ....

But hey, let's keep pointing out flaws in other back yards, this is fun!

Seriously, though, partisan politics is not helping any of the actual voters.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Clinton's don't get jealous, they get even...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
are people angry they may never make this much money working a day job, or angry people are willing to pay to hear someone they dislike simply speak...

i think we need Ivanka to break this down for us...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Ya well, Dave Chappelle made a snip ton more than that.

What does that tell you?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think Obama earned his speaking fees. I see no problem with him getting money, even though the quality is likely not worth the listen.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Trump is no different in that facet.
And you thought the Clintons were paid a bunch of money per speech ....

But hey, let's keep pointing out flaws in other back yards, this is fun!

Seriously, though, partisan politics is not helping any of the actual voters.

Trump isnt a true Republican though. Thats the funny thing. Democrats have been boycotting there own President hahaha. His own kids couldn't even vote for him because they were still registered as Democrat during the primary. Why else would the Republican party make him Trump sign a RNC Loyalty pledge?

Flashback:
CNN Pledge

The Republican presidential front-runner met privately with Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus Thursday afternoon, and soon after, came out to the lobby of Trump Tower to declare that he has signed a loyalty pledge. This means Trump has promised to support the party's eventual nominee -- whoever that may be -- and that he will not run as a third-party candidate. "The best way for the Republicans to win is if I win the nomination and go directly against whoever they happen to put up. And for that reason, I have signed the pledge," Trump said, holding up the paper. "So I will be totally pledging my allegiance to the Republican Party and for the conservative principles for which it stands."

What makes me angry is how anyone who has been voted to serve the American people can make more than four times the average yearly income of those people in one day. Hours to be exact.

Agreed
edit on 25-4-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
All comes down to what it's all about doesn't it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It is MHO that at this point, no human is worth anything near that amount for saying anything.

Basic proof that some people have too much money.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I wonder what the fee per "aahhh... ummm" that breaks down to.

Anyone got the math on that? I'm sure someone has averaged how often he does that in a given time frame.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It is MHO that at this point, no human is worth anything near that amount for saying anything.

Basic proof that some people have too much money.

Exactly im a guy with a lot to say and can speak for hours on end, And its not like what I say will have a impact on people. Because Obama has no power anymore and what he says wont have a impact on Society as a whole anymore either.That goes for all these FORMER Politicians who have are now out of office. They had there shot to talk the talk.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I wonder what the fee per "aahhh... ummm" that breaks down to.

Anyone got the math on that? I'm sure someone has averaged how often he does that in a given time frame.

Just ask Hillary's thank you party donors. Im sure they have the numbers.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I think Obama earned his speaking fees. I see no problem with him getting money, even though the quality is likely not worth the listen.

I just like who is payin him that money. Lib fleecing Libs

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I guess the people at the speech get the password and secret handshake for some elite club?

Gotta keep the money traveling around the rich people's bank accounts.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'll admit that I didn't like Obama much while in office, but did anyone even listen to the speech? Too bad he didn't have so strong a voice when he was in a position of LEADERSHIP!!! Everyone always has an answer when their opinion doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Bill Cliton has been paid 500 thousand for a speech so as of now they are winning. I doubt Bill cares but Hillary will fume.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Hope your thread does better than mine.

Who knew so many people loved one percenters

Who knew so many right wingers are triggered by the free market in action.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

A one hour speech at 60 minutes works out to $6,666 dollars per minute.

If Obama actually paid 35% on that $400k would be $140k in taxes.

But he won't pay 35%.

edit on 25-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join