It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Sanctuary Cities Order Blocked by Federal Judge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I just don't get this.

If you're in a position of law enforcement, and you ignore or don't enforce said laws, you should be fired. Immediately. Otherwise you are complicit.

Idiocracy is already here people.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Even an honest and open court system is subject to corruption and experimentation.

The latest craze is to ignore specific things in the laws.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us
Federal gubment has always used leverage in the form of subsidies-- I Mean bribes, to get what they want from states, namely, to meddle in their affairs.

This is no different.

Bloated Bureaucracy, Awaaaay!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You are flat out wrong. Under the 14th amendment to the constitution, ALL persons inside the borders, legal or illegal have rights. "...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Things have been this way for over 100 years. Take your ignorance and right wing prejudices somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: eisegesis

You are flat out wrong. Under the 14th amendment to the constitution, ALL persons inside the borders, legal or illegal have rights. "...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Things have been this way for over 100 years. Take your ignorance and right wing prejudices somewhere else.

Yep, a right to a speedy trial and a ride to the border after sentence served, if applicable.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

No sir,

What is sad is being the dad of a young woman brutally murdered in cold blood for no reason by an illegal alien deported 9 times, but make it back only to kill on the 10th time.

That truly is sad..

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Isn't this the 9th circuit court of appeals? A well known bastion of liberal legislation from the bench?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: skeptikal1
Isn't this the 9th circuit court of appeals? A well known bastion of liberal legislation from the bench?

Yup. And i hope they rule quickly so we can get the issue in front of SCOTUS forthwith.

Their actions are such a blatant example of enforcing only the laws they feel like vs just following/enforcing the existing laws, that SCOTUS will take about 10 seconds to rule in the Trump administrations favor.

Sanctuary city? The whole idea is ridiculous right from the outset.

Ass clowns one and all. And people are fed up...wait until the 2018 elections. It will be a bloodbath for all incumbents....right & left.

And good riddance...it's time for a thorough house cleaning.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: skeptikal1
Isn't this the 9th circuit court of appeals?

No. It was a district court judge.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The hypocrisy in this scenario is rather compelling. Trump is jumping up and down (as have been those of the so-called 'conservative' persuasion) for decades, "give health care back to the states", "give public education back to the states", for example, and yet now, we have a Republican President, who is trying to force states to do his bidding?

How "conservative' is that?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sanctuary cities fight: Judge who blocked Trump order a Democrat activist

The judge who struck down a Trump administration crackdown on sanctuary cities is a hard-core Democrat activist whose life has been steeped in liberal politics since childhood.

Judge William Orrick III, 63, who on Tuesday blocked the administration from withholding federal funds from cities that don't cooperate with federal immigration officials, attended the landmark 1968 Democratic National Convention as a teen and more recently raised money for 2004 presidential candidate John Kerry.
Orrick was a lawyer for a San Francisco firm with deep ties to Democratic politics. He had helped organize a nationwide effort dubbed "Lawyers for Kerry” and was credited with raising more than $1 million for Kerry in the San Francisco area alone.
As a bundler for Obama, Orrick raised at least $200,000 according to records obtained by the watchdog group Public Citizen. A bundler, according to Public Citizen, “plays an enormous role in determining the success of political campaigns and are apt to receive preferential treatment if their candidate wins.”

A few months after President Obama moved into the White House, Orrick told a reporter that he wanted a job in the new administration. “I contacted anybody I could think of to say: Let me serve.”
Orrick's first position was in the Civil Division of President Obama’s Department of Justice. Near the end of Obama's second term, he was appointed to his current post.

sooo...oo...
ya
No chance of political bias in THIS judge's decision.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't think Mr. Trump is particularly fond of the way our three-tiered system of checks and balances work. Living life in the real world, can be a bitch, eh, Don.

*Breaks into song "Can't always get whatcha wa-nt".

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nothing more than a liberal activist judge, an Obama bundler appointee. This won't stand for long. When the new fiscal year and budget appropriations happen, sanctuary cities will be in deep trouble. They are safe until October, after that, they're probably screwed, which is good for American citizens.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Screw the Fed, they shouldn't meddle in states affairs, anyway.

If you want to keep illegals in your state that would be fine with me. So long as they get nothing from the government nor our taxes and as long as you cage them in your state. The problem is...they can migrate to our states and as far as I know, it is illegal to shoot them. Unless you drag the body into your home and lie.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: intrptr

Screw the Fed, they shouldn't meddle in states affairs, anyway.

If you want to keep illegals in your state that would be fine with me. So long as they get nothing from the government nor our taxes and as long as you cage them in your state. The problem is...they can migrate to our states and as far as I know, it is illegal to shoot them. Unless you drag the body into your home and lie.

pffft. Big agro and live stock corporations depend on undocumented (illegal) 'migrant' workers to pick your crops and process your meats for them. Much more profitable to retain workers they don't have to pay employment insurance, collect taxes or pay adequate wages and benefits for.

Ya think?

The gubment looks the other way, INS makes token arrests (so as not to disrupt production) and megacorp rakes in the profit. The media provides cover stories that ridicule the very same workers for your intolerant hate mongering.

Trump assuages your fears promising a bigger 'wall', Writes EOs blocking 'sanctuary', then that gets blocked because the cities also depend on the large undocumented work force that cooks and serves food, cleans hotel rooms, tunes your vehicles, and trims your lawns.

Now go back to 'shooting brown people out your doorway and dragging them inside'.

Really? What an asshole...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Are illegal lawful? All people in the US are protected by law provided they are lawful citizens or foreigners. Illegal immigrants have already broken the law, so they are not protected by the 14th Amendment. Think of it this way. If someone in the US goes on a rampage and murders 100 people in cold blood, would he get protection under the 14th Amendment? Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: eisegesis
ILLEGAL “IMMIGRANTS” ARE NOT PROTECTED BY THE CONSTITUTION!!!

That is incorrect. Anyone trying to enter the country or currently in the country citizen or otherwise is protected by the Constitution. PLUS there are also international laws regarding human treatment that need to be obeyed as well.

If it's unconstitutional why do they start backing off when Trump threatens to bring them to the Supreme Court? This is nothing but delay tactics by a bunch of spiteful losers.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Every sovereign state has the right to self defense. America is no exception. Sanctuary cities are foreign invasions. America has the right to deport illegal immigrants from foreign states.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

America has the right to deport illegal immigrants from foreign states.

Yes.
That's what ICE and immigration courts are for. It is the responsibility of the federal government to carry out deportation proceedings. Not the states. Not the cities.

If someone in the US goes on a rampage and murders 100 people in cold blood, would he get protection under the 14th Amendment? Give me a break.
You mean equal protection under the law? Yes, yes he would, and should. You know, a judge, trial...that sort of thing.

edit on 4/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I will be quite honest. I am willing to give ppl a chance that are just working and have not committed any crimes but as regards to criminals, the democrats are in the wrong. You come to this country and you commit a crime, you gotta go.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join