It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did the Gods Go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

There is no separation of state and science. Yet science has been dabbling in philosophy and cultural ideas, claiming they have the answers. As a result there is born a faith or belief that science at some point will answer all of life's problems. This uncheck religion, scientism gets to hangout with governments and preach to the masses all it wants. (Bill Nye comes to mind)

Anyhow, the end goal is to get everyone (Whole Earth) to participate. Progress is nice but who is the power behind the progress.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Anyhow, the end goal is to get everyone (Whole Earth) to participate. Progress is nice but who is the power behind the progress.

Exactly, who's in charge and why do they stretch us so far without explanation of why real progress hasn't happened...Mad world.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PuRe EnErGy

It's an interesting idea but what if these gods/demons never ACTUALLY existed but are metaphors or personifications of various human traits, ideas and even events. Mythology is, in a sense, a collection of narrative frameworks for understanding the world and how to act in it.

It appears to me that the origin of superstition and the basis of religion is in a primitive form of animism. That is human beings inferring agency and misunderstanding cause and effect based on observation of otherwise inanimate forces.

Take the classic example of human and animal sacrifices meant to appease the gods to gain a bountiful harvest or a victory in a battle with a rival tribe. It may be that one year a civilization only sacrificed a handful and the gods (nature) saw fit to smite their crops and they lose a series of skirmishes with their enemies. Next season they sacrifice hundreds and by sheer coincidence (that appears like cause and effect to them) the season is bountiful and they win a decisive victory against their rival tribe.

Inferring agency is very common for human beings and is an example of what Michael Shermer calls a type 1 error. If you assume the wind moving through the grass is a predator but it turns out to just be the wind you still get to go home safely. If you do not infer that the predator is there and it turns out IT IS, you get to be lunch. So the safest bet for our ancestors is to ASSUME agency even where none actually is.

Religion is a double-edged sword. It can be used to control and bring order but it can also lead to upheaval, chaos and revolution. It is a very versatile tool in the hands of the people or TPTB. Part of how early civilizations cemented themselves was by unifying the gods of many different tribes to form a new unified mythos. In a sense this is how we went from polytheism to monotheism, combining the once fractured aspects of many gods all into one.

We can see this demonstrated in the rise of the Babylonian god Marduk who ended up accruing fifty names as he slowly absorbed the powers and prominence of other gods. Marduk even ends up associated with Jupiter (Zeus).

I definitely think that drugs have helped steer human evolution but I do not think the gods/demons and other supernatural entities of the world actually need to exist in order to have an impact. In fact perhaps without ever existing at all they have had a wider and more far-felt impact than they would if they actually existed.

Think about how many versions of Christianity alone there are (some 30,000 at least). If such a deity actually existed it could clear up all the confusion about itself in an instant but a god that is made in the image of man can be all things to all people. A god or hero with fifty names and a hundred faces is a very powerful and versatile idea. And the ideas that could be conveyed in these stories and myths can be relevant across cultures and across history.

Basically what I'm proposing is that gods, like Joseph Campbell's hero with a thousand faces, don't actually exist outside of fiction. That doesn't mean they aren't important as far as the history of our civilization and future are concerned and it doesn't mean there isn't some “other side” to communicate with (perhaps there is, who knows). It means that they are still with us as internalization(s) of what it means to be human beings interacting with all the chaos and order of the Cosmos.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
We've been deceived and lied to.

They never left, they gave us their mind, they use that mind to manipulate us.

They are trying to steal back a power (the spirit) which they erroneously gave us because they were tricked into it by the deity that created something (Yaltabaoth) in ignorance.

It's my opinion that Yaltabaoths creations revolted against him because he was (created in ignorance) and therefore ignorant and they mingled with the humans and ever since then, he's been known as a joke to them.

ByTheWay ... Yaltabaoth is the GOD from the OT (Old Testament) Sabaoth, Jehova, etc...

in this "story" .. (gnosticism) .. Yaltabaoth is the creator of us and our plane(t)... part of the Gnostic Demiurge. They were responsible for teaching us math, science, drug use, astrology, numerology etc. They also created all of the worlds religions, then they up and "left".

The thing is that I'm trying to elucidate is that they never left and I think there's a lot more to the Flat Earth conspiracy than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull

It's an interesting idea but what if these gods/demons never ACTUALLY existed but are metaphors or personifications of various human traits, ideas and even events. Mythology is, in a sense, a collection of narrative frameworks for understanding the world and how to act in it.

It appears to me that the origin of superstition and the basis of religion is in a primitive form of animism. That is human beings inferring agency and misunderstanding cause and effect based on observation of otherwise inanimate forces.

Take the classic example of human and animal sacrifices meant to appease the gods to gain a bountiful harvest or a victory in a battle with a rival tribe. It may be that one year a civilization only sacrificed a handful and the gods (nature) saw fit to smite their crops and they lose a series of skirmishes with their enemies. Next season they sacrifice hundreds and by sheer coincidence (that appears like cause and effect to them) the season is bountiful and they win a decisive victory against their rival tribe.

Inferring agency is very common for human beings and is an example of what Michael Shermer calls a type 1 error. If you assume the wind moving through the grass is a predator but it turns out to just be the wind you still get to go home safely. If you do not infer that the predator is there and it turns out IT IS, you get to be lunch. So the safest bet for our ancestors is to ASSUME agency even where none actually is.

Religion is a double-edged sword. It can be used to control and bring order but it can also lead to upheaval, chaos and revolution. It is a very versatile tool in the hands of the people or TPTB. Part of how early civilizations cemented themselves was by unifying the gods of many different tribes to form a new unified mythos. In a sense this is how we went from polytheism to monotheism, combining the once fractured aspects of many gods all into one.

We can see this demonstrated in the rise of the Babylonian god Marduk who ended up accruing fifty names as he slowly absorbed the powers and prominence of other gods. Marduk even ends up associated with Jupiter (Zeus).

I definitely think that drugs have helped steer human evolution but I do not think the gods/demons and other supernatural entities of the world actually need to exist in order to have an impact. In fact perhaps without ever existing at all they have had a wider and more far-felt impact than they would if they actually existed.

Think about how many versions of Christianity alone there are (some 30,000 at least). If such a deity actually existed it could clear up all the confusion about itself in an instant but a god that is made in the image of man can be all things to all people. A god or hero with fifty names and a hundred faces is a very powerful and versatile idea. And the ideas that could be conveyed in these stories and myths can be relevant across cultures and across history.

Basically what I'm proposing is that gods, like Joseph Campbell's hero with a thousand faces, don't actually exist outside of fiction. That doesn't mean they aren't important as far as the history of our civilization and future are concerned and it doesn't mean there isn't some “other side” to communicate with (perhaps there is, who knows). It means that they are still with us as internalization(s) of what it means to be human beings interacting with all the chaos and order of the Cosmos.

Very well thought out post and I concur and agree with your premise.

Although, strangely enough... the use of certain entheogens produce repeatable "revelations" and inspire certain modes of thought.

Perhaps they aren't "real" in the sense of physicality. But *something* is happening and we are able to "commune" with either some sort of entities or parts within ourselves that give us thoughts and feelings we normally wouldn't have or know. After all Jesus did tell us that it's all within us not outside of us and in the same mentality we are told that the "evil" we fight gave us THEIR mind, an ignorant disconnected mind but one thing we DON'T get is the ability to live long enough to sort that mind out, unlike them.

I think the entheogenic world may be more real than the world that has been pulled over our eyes.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So you subscribe to one of the several variations of neo Gnosticism that's made a comeback in the information age?

edit on 25-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
So you subscribe to one of the several variations of neo Gnosticism that's made a comeback in the information age?

Those with ears to hear, and those with eyes to see... right?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PuRe EnErGy

If demons and angels, ancient Gods ACTUALLY exist/ed ... Where did they go?
in the book of Enoch is says they were locked up (in the south) interestingly enough which fits the oddities of Flat Earth.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Some probably Ascended into higher or lower vibrational planes/dimensions of Existence, but can still interact here.
Others are probably awaiting the Star with the key to the bottomless pit to free them...

Revelation 9:1

King James Bible
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A male Star

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
A male Star

(10) Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

Why would he say that?

(1) And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."

Okay then....

(17) Jesus said, "I shall give you what no eye has seen and what no ear has heard and what no hand has touched and what has never occurred to the human mind."

Alrighty then .... and?

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

The beginning IMO is when we confronted these principalities and used entheogens ritualistically. When and how we created our current religions and belief systems.

(19) Jesus said, "Blessed is he who came into being before he came into being. If you become my disciples and listen to my words, these stones will minister to you. For there are five trees for you in Paradise which remain undisturbed summer and winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death."

Our 5 senses ... which end up giving us new information/ideas based on the entheogen we ingest or the yoga we participate in.

(27) "If you do not fast as regards the world, you will not find the kingdom. If you do not observe the Sabbath as a Sabbath, you will not see the father."

This world, culture etc is their mind or a product of their mind.

Terence McKenna - Culture is NOT your friend.

(29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

They created US ... without spirit, just flesh/clay/dirt... until Yaltabaoth was tricked into breathing the spirit into us (as Adam).. Yaltabaoth noticed his error and how he was tricked and tried to steal that spirit/power back by removing the rib and creating Eve... but they could not get their power back so they devised a plan to thwart us and they gave us their corrupt mind.

(38) Jesus said, "Many times have you desired to hear these words which I am saying to you, and you have no one else to hear them from. There will be days when you will look for me and will not find me."

It wasn't until Jesus that we were introduced to the God responsible for creating the God that created us (Yaltabaoth)
He issued forth from the "True Father" which is why he said..

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14: 6, NLT) because until Jesus gave us that revelation, the only God we (and Yaltabaoths creations) knew ... was him.

Hence why Yaltabaoth is the running joke among his creations because he's ignorant therefore they do not listen to him and he is so adamant about being worshiped and loved, even his own creations don't worship him.

Which is a lesson to him because he blames his mother for his situation, and doesn't love those who created him but at the same time he demands worship and love from those whom he created.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You're not the first to propose what you're suggesting. Terence McKenna suggested it many, many years ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So is a flat earth a part of your gnostic worldview because I might dable in some gnostic thought myself from time to time but I do not buy the flat earth disinformation that seems to be seeing a resurgence in this age of GPS and Satellite television.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
You're not the first to propose what you're suggesting. Terence McKenna suggested it many, many years ago.

Hence why I quoted him... but he didn't talk about FE or speculate that these entities or experiences are related to an agenda / conspiracy to retrieve some kind of power they erroneously gave us.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So is a flat earth a part of your gnostic worldview because I might dable in some gnostic thought myself from time to time but I do not buy the flat earth disinformation that seems to be seeing a resurgence in this age of GPS and Satellite television.

Guess that depends on who you trust... Freemasons and the people in power for the last 500 years?

I'm beginning to think the Father of Lies is definitely good at his job.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I trust that I see satellites orbiting in space when I go star gazing and that I have seen the ISS pass overhead at the time that it has been scheduled too. I trust that I have picked up signals from a GPS satellite while out in back country hiking with no cell towers or towns for miles. I trust the compass that I use whos needle points North due to the magnetic field that encircles the earth.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The " Gods " AKA Ancient Aliens , Left the Earth Thousands of Years Ago because their Work here was Done , Bringing Civilization to the Primitive Inhabitants of this Planet . We have been On Our Own Since that Time . Next on the Agenda for Modern Man is to Seek Them Out In the " Great Void " , thus Completing our Evolutional Destiny they Bestowed Upon Us .

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think it's just Astrotheology. The Sun, the Moon, the Planets, the Stars, Constellations, were wonders to the ancient peoples, and they then created stories based on these objects to try and explain them. There were no actual "gods", just those bodies which appeared in the sky.
edit on 25-4-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

And all these things are only possible on spinning flying ball Earth?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I trust that I see satellites orbiting in space when I go star gazing and that I have seen the ISS pass overhead at the time that it has been scheduled too. I trust that I have picked up signals from a GPS satellite while out in back country hiking with no cell towers or towns for miles. I trust the compass that I use whos needle points North due to the magnetic field that encircles the earth.

Why doesn't your compass work when you hold it upright? .....

All of those phenomenon can be explained differently...

No magnet works that way...

you know what magnet exists in nature like that? .. a speaker magnet.. .. round ... north in the center and the south pole around the circumference.

GPS can be land based, we've had ground based positioning for a long long time.

You can see satellites and the ISS? according to a timestamp they're giving you? with no physical proof otherwise?

Thermosphere is pretty hot, ...

Regardless if there are things "floating" around above us, we can do that using helium and other means.

After all, all of Nikola Tesla's research and findings were scooped up by the government ... he didn't believe this was a physical planet either.

He also didn't believe in Gravity either, he was a firm believer in the Aether.

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BobaFlat
According to a lot of the popular flat earth models no because they don't except space travel... but since there seems to be several models of FE floating around on YouTube their might one that excepts space travel though I haven't seen it yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join