It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA: An official marathon of Carl Sagan's Cosmos is currently being streamed on Twitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Twitch Celebrates Science Week With Carl Sagan's Cosmos

If you need some eye bleach or perhaps a full brain enema after watching Bill Nye rap about gender identity and cultural appropriation in his new "science" show, Twitch.tv has done us all a favor during Science Week and is currently running a 7 day marathon of the entire series of the late great Carl Sagan's Cosmos.

I'll admit, I'm hooked. We need to bring back more fascinating educational TV programming like this.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson's remake of Cosomos, as is my oldest. Never seen Sagan's though. Thanks for the link!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I'm a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson's remake of Cosomos, as is my oldest. Never seen Sagan's though. Thanks for the link!

I'm a big fan of both.

I started watching the original with the girl a few months ago, and every episode blows her mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Where'd you find the original at? YouTube or something? Tyson's has been/is on Netflix and we've watched it probably a dozen times between the two of us so we'd really love to be able to find it!

(Aside from on Twitch, I mean)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Imagine a Flat Earther convention where there was a lock-in and they were forced to watch the entire series in a row on the jumbotron...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It was, and is, must watch.

The new Cosmos is on NetFlix, and was very good, I enjoyed it. But Carl Sagan was, and is, the man. He brought the Universe into our living rooms in an entertaining and understandable fashion.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I thought I saw it on dvd at one time... If so, you might be able to find it on Amazon...?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Freaking everything is on Amazon and yet I never think to look there until somebody mentions it.

Thanks, SG

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The episode they just streamed was about how our civilization would logically expand throughout the universe. It's literally blowing my mind.

The speeches and monologues he gives really strike an emotional cord as well
truly great man.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Never forget, to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe!

edit on 25-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The stream in currently on break but will be back, keep it bookmarked.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

best idea ever detected

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I know, right?

I'm amazed I even thought of it...

a reply to: Konduit

That horizon that's always beckoning. "what's on the other side of those mountains?" Man's always been like that. Grass is always greener...or so we think/hope.

It's odd that while I loved Cosmos, his books, while enjoyable, weren't of the same calibre. Probably just me. Or the fact he's a lot smarter than me...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Stream back up.

edit on 27-4-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join