It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How do I use the [Quote] feature?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hi, I've not been a memeber for very long, but I really like this site.

I notice that often people will use the Quote feature to refer back to a post that was maybe posted several posts ago, to answer that person. I would like to do that, but I'm not sure how.

Could you please tell me? I would appreciate it. Thanks!




posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   



posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat

Hi, I've not been a memeber for very long, but I really like this site.

I notice that often people will use the Quote feature to refer back to a post that was maybe posted several posts ago, to answer that person. I would like to do that, but I'm not sure how.

Could you please tell me? I would appreciate it. Thanks!


it's real easy just click the quote button and type your reply below the post in the quote



posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thanks, but what if you don't want to post the entire quote? Just a couple of sentences maybe?




posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If use the quote button like Sauron suggested, you can edit out the parts you don't want to quote.

When quoting material from other sites, you have to put in the quote tags yourself.

Just try it!



posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
Thanks, but what if you don't want to post the entire quote?
)


then just delet what you don't want



posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
Thanks, but what if you don't want to post the entire quote? ...*Snip!

As you see above, ^^^ you can edit inside the [quote ] [/quote ] tags. That is the short version but the official guide is here:

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote



posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Originally posted by CyberKat
Thanks, but what if you don't want to post the entire quote?
)


then just

delet what you


Just practicing



posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   


Thanks, but what if you don't want to post the entire quote? Just a couple of sentences maybe?


In this case I just ->right click->copy the selected text->then paste it into
the quote window.


Sorry should send you a smile with that



[edit on 3-2-2005 by madhatter]



posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Thanks guys for all yor help. I'm really not that dumb...usually. I guess I'm just gonna have to re-erad your instructions and practice.





posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If use the quote button like Sauron suggested, you can edit out the parts you don't want to quote.

When quoting material from other sites, you have to put in the quote tags yourself.

Just try it!


just practicing.....



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join