It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen a UFO!! but I did not take picture.. DOohhhhh

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I see so MANY posts about people here on ATS that speak about UFO sightings..

And they post a big post about it..

But they take a freaking picture !!? OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh NOOOoo

*insert a million trivial lame excuses here why I have not*

COULD EVERYONE PLEASE JUST PULL OUT YOUR GOT DAMM PHONE AND TAKE A PICTURE, OR EVEN BETTER PRESS REC AND MAKE A VIDEO.
Next time YOU see a UFO please PULL that camera out faster then light.

Potential getting evidence of the most importing thing in human history, its okay.. take it out

Or else your UFO "story" is just that.. a funny story.. I do not care about your tacky paint drawings or your dramatic reading..

I care about pictures, or video.. And if the impossible should happen, please keep the phone calm, not shaking like you got a serious illness.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Dude, I once saw one too and I just froze. Don't beat yourself up about it bro.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was much more worried about cleaning out my shorts.

Honestly, it wasn't until hours later I wish I would of got a picture.

So, not everyone thinks camera first..

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It's not as easy as it sounds. If you take a picture of a UFO you get ridiculed pretty fast because it's either blurry,out of focus or too shaky and what not. There is also the high possibility that UFOs controlled by an alien entity can mess with your equipment. The photo of the UFO could get so much distorted that you probably lose all your credibility if you release it. I'm already convinced that we all saw the real deal a long time ago but it was either debunked or out right dismissed as a hoax. Would a clear picture of a UFO really convince you of there existence or would you question its origins and if it could be fake first?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

It's not as easy as it sounds. If you take a picture of a UFO you get ridiculed pretty fast because it's either blurry,out of focus or too shaky and what not. There is also the high possibility that UFOs controlled by an alien entity can mess with your equipment. The photo of the UFO could get so much distorted that you probably lose all your credibility if you release it. I'm already convinced that we all saw the real deal a long time ago but it was either debunked or out right dismissed as a hoax. Would a clear picture of a UFO really convince you of there existence or would you question its origins and if it could be fake first?

Very true.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Dude, I once saw one too and I just froze. Don't beat yourself up about it bro.

Take the picture
Then freeze

link   
I'm right there with you on that one. I can understand that the impact of the situation and create a sense of awe. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment. We want to share ever aspect of our lives and won't hesitate to take that picture of the food your about to eat.

We all have phones now. USE THEM!

At my work I'll get people with a smart phone asking me stupid questions that can easily be answered if you just use logic. GOOGLE people.

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I was much more worried about cleaning out my shorts.

Honestly, it wasn't until hours later I wish I would of got a picture.

So, not everyone thinks camera first..

Soil your pants.. fine
Just take the picture

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Many have had that same feeling.
A friend and I ended up with a whole lot of footage of us filming the skies for a while after our sighting...and we even had a video camera in our bags.
Pretty sad.

So in the meanwhile....I will pile on!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

No time to think..
Just take the picture
And worry about alien EMP later

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Yes.. next time you will remember to take pictures

Oh.. And I think Kim will be even more sad in a week or so, or I hope
as long they take pictures

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

*insert a million trivial lame excuses here why I have not*

How about it was a long time ago, before video cameras even, at night, before lo light film even, and such a jaw drop, short duration event, even if I had time to go retrieve my special oofo camera from the van, load it, set it, steady it and shoot some pics , the thingy would have been long gone or, at that (by now) distance appeared like any other plane in the sky that night, maybe a faint blue red smudge so far in the distance.

But... if you had been there...

you would have seen the totality of what we did, and then you'd shut your pinhead instead of going, doooooh....
edit on 25-4-2017 by intrptr because: (by now)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That's great advice in theory, but not necessarily practical. I've only one encounter where I believe I MAY have seen a UFO. I was driving at the time and when I'm driving, my phone is not readily accessible.

Part of me thinks it was simply a low flying helicopter with a search light on. The other part of me thinks it was way too close for me to not have heard the propeller noise, if that is what it was. I'm not saying I saw an alien craft or anything. Just something I can't necessarily explain.

No photos, not that I think they would have been of any quality from my phone at night...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So.. what did you actually see?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Come back to me when you see one.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

"If I ever see a UFO..."

That is how they all start.

Everything that comes after is what will not happen. You can run around for your whole life with a camera at your side. You see a UFO and I can nearly guarantee that the last thing you will ever, ever do, is take a photo. How you react is what makes you you.

Some will fall to their knees and start praying, some freeze, some realize what they are seeing is manmade tech (nuts and bolts) and jump up and down hooting like an idiot redneck (that was my reaction). Btw, I did take a photo but it turned out to look like a dot of light. It was waaaayyyyyyy better just watching a large, silent, triangle zipping around.

It is the intimacy of the moment. Nothing will stand in your way of just experiencing it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Starting to believe that the majority of people just want the "fantasy" of UFO´s
In-fact they prefer there is no footage, because that makes it easier to dream of what could be..
That and the possibility of aliens are real are just to scary for them

TAKE THE PICTURE
edit on 25-4-2017 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh let me add this..
I have seen a UFO
And I have footage of it

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Contrary to what you might think, not everyone carries a camera phone with them everywhere they go. I sure don't...these things are huge and a pain in the ass if you don't have pockets, for one thing. The only time I have the stupid thing on me is if I'm running errands or expecting a call...otherwise, that puppy stays on the kitchen island.

I get that we all want footage and photos for posterity, too...but most sightings are extremely short in duration; a few minutes at most. And if you peruse reports on MUFON, people consistently describe their minds working to understand what their eyes are seeing. At first, they try to identify it; is it a plane? Helicopter? Balloon? That in itself is a process; it can take time to triage what you're seeing. By the time people realize they're looking at a UFO, the experience is often over within a couple minutes after. Many of them state very clearly that they wanted to make a run for a camera but we're afraid they'd come back and the object would no longer be there. Many others state that they were so gobsmacked by what they saw that taking a photo never even crossed their mind.

You express derision for drawings of UFO sightings. Are you aware that police investigators routinely rely on composite sketch artists to produce an image of a perpetrator based solely on the memory of an eyewitness, in the absence of photos? Those sketches catch people; they're eerily accurate. Our legal system weighs heavily on eyewitness testimony as well...no pics or vids; just a person telling what they saw. If someone murders a person, and the evidence points to that, and there are zero photos or footage of the crime; the only way they found the perp was visa a composite sketch and an eyewitness testimony, and this murderer was found guilty and given the death penalty...would you be OK with that? Would you feel the perp they got was actually the right person, even though there was no photos or physical evidence?

If the answer to that is yes, then eyewitness testimony of an unknown object in the sky, sketches or anything else they can provide to describe what they saw should be weighed just as heavily as a photo or video. Photos are not proof of anything. They are evidence. So is eyewitness testimony, in whatever form it happens to be presented. I think the lack of distinction between evidence and proof is the source of a lot of the frustration in the UFO community in general. We've got gobs of evidence...compelling evidence in fact...but unless an ET craft lands right in front of us and a bank of cameras is there to record it, we have no proof at all.

Have you ever personally had a sighting? It sounds like you haven't. If you had, you might have a better appreciation for the lack of photo evidence. Mike Tyson said it best: everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

I think you're doing yourself a disservice by taking such a narrow approach. We can all learn from each other if we care to take the time. I would love nothing more than to see clear, stark photos or footage of one of these sightings. But I'm certainly not going to dismiss detailed eyewitness accounts, complete with sights, sounds, smells, sensations and complex descriptions, simply because they don't come with photos. When we narrow our focus like that, we miss out on a lot of information. If you look at recent sighting reports and see that numerous people from various areas described the same sort of object on the same date, behaving the same way, how can that possibly not be compelling?

It sucks that we don't have smoking gun proof. It does. But there is a wealth of information out there that we can learn from. And if you see a UFO and can't get photo evidence, I'll be just as interested to hear your story as I would be if you had a perfect pic of you standing right next to an ET craft.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I don't carry a camera or phone.

Honestly, my sighting was right over my house.

I can assure you, taking a picture was about #300 on my list.

I like the old photos, before photoshop.

There is much we can learn with photos...

edit on 25-4-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join