It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just stopped by to watch the liberals defend a terrorist, and claim their anti-capitalist.
LOL jesus, people

He ran up health care costs for his own benefit, probably causing deaths.

"we only listen to your meta data"

This is subtle Chicago style intimidation, that tells the American citizens that they ignore the the constitution do in fact listen to all your calls.

That is intimidation and invasion of privacy.

I can't believe some people are defending this sack of crap.

He turned over the NSA surveillance system to all forms of the government on his way out.

Ignore his actions, he put up rainbow lights on the white house.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Neat story about a private citizen getting paid to do something.

Neat post about a gross oversimplification.

400k to talk to people? what utter rubbish. I would need to work for 20 years to make that much money, and my job actually serves a tangible, valuable purpose.....what purpose does this serve?

I'd speak to people for free, and probably say far more intelligent and useful things.

What a waste of money.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Now, now, he's only just started this new gig. Give him a bit...

I've no problem with this, actually. If people want to pay to hear this overly impressed with himself incompetent drone on (get it...drone?--too soon?) about how special he is, and how special his sponsors are, cool. Just don't expect me to pay for the privilege...my taxes paid for 8 years of it...so over it.

But hey, free enterprise.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
What a waste of money.

It's a good thing no one is forcing you to go see Obama talk or pay to see him talk right?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I wonder how much Flynn got from the comrades. or Ivanka, or the ticket price to sit with the president...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ex-President is one of the sweetest gigs you can have, although it's not very easy to qualify.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

400k to talk to people? what utter rubbish. I would need to work for 20 years to make that much money, and my job actually serves a tangible, valuable purpose.....what purpose does this serve?

I'd speak to people for free, and probably say far more intelligent and useful things.

What a waste of money.

Then don't use your money to go listen to him talk.

It is precisely that simple. It's not Obama's fault nobody cares what you have to say, but they want to hear him talk. So I guess there's another person for the list of folks upset that people like Obama more than them.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No one, ever, is over paid. Everyone is paid what their market will bear.
The first black pres is obviously in line to cash out.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I don't keep up with his earnings but he's made hundreds of thousands giving speeches.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Obama should delay that speech until after president Trump's tax cuts go into effect. He will save thousands and thousands of dollars.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96We all know what a disaster the Affordable Care Act was.

Do we? By what measure...Hmmm...Well let's compare it to the Republican Healthcare Bill...Oh, that's right...they had 8 years to come up with a replacement and what they came up with sucked so bad their own party refused to pass the bill.

Seems to me even the GOP chose keeping Obamacare compared to the piece of crap they came up with after a decade of head scratching.

You have a curious definition of "disaster"..

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What a waste of money.

People pay for strange things..

In 2006 and 2007, The Learning Annex shelled out a hefty fee to have Donald Trump at their Real Estate Wealth Expos, paying him a whopping $1.5 million per speech for a 17-seminar conference.

publicspeaking.co.ke...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Deflect,deflect.

The topic wasn't about Republicans, and it sure wasn't about Trump.

It's about Obama getting $400k to speak.

After railing on about rich people for eight years, and them fatcat ceo's.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Deflect,deflect.

The topic wasn't about Republicans, and it sure wasn't about Trump.

It's about Obama getting $400k to speak.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Pres. Obama never railed about "rich people"??

He railed about corruption and inequality in economic opportunity.

Contrary to what your Orange Ooompa-Loompa preaches...corruption is not a prerequisite for wealth..But I can see how a Trump follower might get confused.

Many people get wealthy through hard work, innovation, invention and intelligence....vs. Silver Spoon Lyin Donnie.

More equal economic opportunity is about a level playing field where those things are consistently rewarded.

edit on 25-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

He railed about corruption and inequality in economic opportunity.

So what part of $400k speaking fee is someone missing ?

Hello.

Economic inequality.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Another thing ex-Presidents do is get "hired" to be on the Board of Directors of a bunch of different corporations, each one providing a whopping "salary" for essentially doing nothing just so the company can say it has an ex-President on its Board.

Nice work if you can get it.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'd certainly do it. Only problem being that four year, or more, in that damned office. No way would I subject myself to that, much less my family...

I've no issue what so ever with ex-presidents making coin like this. No one forces people to pay to listen. Right off the top of my head, I can't think of a single US president I'd pay money to to listen...certainly none of the current crop of living ex's.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

400k to talk to people? what utter rubbish.

How can you complain about people oversimplifying this when you turned around & oversimplified it in the very next sentence? But I can also do that.

Let's also complain about how much money famous music acts make per show when on tour. They make all of that money just to sing & play music at people. And look at how much famous comedians like Dave Chappelle make per show just to talk at people. And look at how much money famous athletes make just to play games in front of people. And prize fighters can make many millions of dollars just to beat people up in front of a large crowd. Some celebrities, specifically famous socialites and pop stars, get paid huge fees just to show up at events, to host events, and more.

But that's Capitalism 101. And whether people like it or not, former world leaders are in high demand for both their presence and their perspectives. Their presence can add legitimacy to events and the organizations that are sponsoring them. Ex-Pres Obama is no longer in office and as a private citizen, he's free to cash in on his fame and opinions just like the rest of us are.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I wonder if he will pay taxes on that income? He sure like to increase my taxes when he was in government.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join