It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No it isn't.

Capitalism is more than one speakers competing to speak.

Obama was just awarded a no bid contract at an over inflated price.

More commonly referred to as cronyism.

Sounds like Haliburton.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Obama=Haliburton.

Glad we finally agree.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
And here I am like a sucker speaking for free!

He's not being paid for the speeches. He's being paid for selling out his country to the big wigs in the Health Industry.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wonder if any of the libs are going to complain about Obama making X times the lowest paid employee at the speaking event? You know, the same way the complain about a CEO making 100x's or whatever the lowest paid employee at a company. I mean it is unfair that Obama gets $400,000 for speaking while the ushers at the event might only be making minimum wage.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

No they won't complain.

They've been defending it for the last 5 pages.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Damn Neo that's just terrible, & just think that's just his FIRST engagement. 400,000.00 DOLLARS

That's way more than you'll ever see in your life.
After just a few such engagements Barak & Michele will be multimillionaires.
They will be truly living life well, living beyond anything you could ever hope to attain.

He will achieve this with minimal effort, pfft, "a speaking gig" a piece of cake, hell the guy is actually good at that & seems to enjoy it.
So the man is going to be recompensed for doing something he enjoys, we should all be so lucky.

Damn shame that you seem so incensed by Barak's success & achievements but considering your station in life it's not surprising.

This man will continue to have an exceptional successful life & you, well you'll still just be you, ranting on an inconsequential BBS.

K~

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Wasn't aware that you had access to my banking and financial history.

If someone did that would be illegal.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I wonder if any of the libs are going to complain about Obama making X times the lowest paid employee at the speaking event? You know, the same way the complain about a CEO making 100x's or whatever the lowest paid employee at a company. I mean it is unfair that Obama gets $400,000 for speaking while the ushers at the event might only be making minimum wage.

Liberals (old school) are fine with that. its the progressive marxist cancers that arent.
They are gonna be confused here

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I just find it hilarious the libs don't see the hypocrisy of Obama getting paid $400k a speech. I personally don't have any issue with it. Free markets pay what you are worth, not what you deserve. And if a school or organization is willing to pay that much to hear him speak, then more power to him.

The issue is that Obama and sycophants spent the past 8 years basically bashing the wealthy. It is no different how fat boy Michael Moore is constantly crying about capitalism, yet it is capitalism that allows him to make the most successful documentary of all time and earn tens of millions of dollars for doing so (and which he has no problem spending that money lavishly). Or how Al Gore is supposed to be so green while flying private and living in a 10,000 square foot house.

It is typical limousine lib hypocrisy.

I find it hilarious that you assume somebody not caring that Obama is getting paid to do something must be a liberal.

If somebody wanted to pay you to stand up and talk, good for you. I don't care. If somebody wanted to pay Neo to stand up and talk, good for him. Still don't care. If somebody wants to pay Obama to stand up and talk good for him, I still don't care.

Sincerely,

Not a liberal or conservative, just somebody that doesn't care what you do with your money

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Neo, I assume you will create another thread complaining about how much Trump makes giving speeches after his presidency (that is if he doesn't get impeached)?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I didn't see one about Bush pulling down six figures for standing up and talking, so don't hold your breath.

But, again, "that's different."

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Maybe community organizer Barry can use some of this $400,000 to help his "sons" in Chicago that can't stop killing each other.

Maybe he could even bring some un-vetted immigrants into his own home and lead by example.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wait a minute. Obama gave a speech and there weren't mass protests by Republican students? No one was blocking traffic? No one throwing bottles? No one attacking Obama supporters? No one even threatening violence if he was allowed to speak?

What's wrong with conservative students these days? Don't they know they are supposed to hate people who disagree with them?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

We reward people a lot for being rich,for being famous,for being cute,for being thin...One of the values I think we need to instill in our country,in our children, is a sense of 'usefulness, in other words,are we useful,are we making other peoples lives a little bit better? Barack Obama

At $400,000 a pop!

Source
edit on 25-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Neo, I assume you will create another thread complaining about how much Trump makes giving speeches after his presidency (that is if he doesn't get impeached)?

Trump would have to whine about rich people for eight years 24/7 before I would.

Oh wait.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah that's what I thought.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I didn't see one about Bush pulling down six figures for standing up and talking, so don't hold your breath.

But, again, "that's different."

It is different because Bush wasn't running around slamming rich people. Look, I don't give a flip what Obama makes. Good for him. I hope he make a gazillion dollars. I don't envy people for being successful in whatever it is they do to earn money.

The issue is the hypocrisy and the optics. That is what we are pointing out. It is no different from when libs for instance squash school choice for the regular masses, but then turn around and send their kids to private schools. Or any other massively hypocritical "Do as I say, not as I do..." policies.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Obama didn't build that $400,000 speaking fee.

Lots of people worked their snips off for it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No, the issue is that some of you seem to think Obama shouldn't accept what a group is willing to give him. You know why he's getting $400k? Because somebody told him people would pay it. If he turns around and donates the entire speaking fee, will we see a thread from this OP about how great it was that he donated it?

# no we won't, because it's evident the entire problem is the fact that Obama has the audacity to accept compensation in the first place.

If Obama was getting paid in cattle some of our illustrious members would still whine about the number of head he was being given.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We reward people a lot for being rich,for being famous,for being cute,for being thin...One of the values I think we need to instill in our country,in our children, is a sense of 'usefulness, in other words,are we useful,are we making other peoples lives a little bit better? Barack Obama

At $400,000 a pop!

Source

Oof. The more times you repeat yourself, the more it becomes clear...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join