It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
It's the people forking over $400k that are the fools, not Barry.[

Even though I don't like Barry, you make a valid point. I guess if any fool would pay me $400K to make a speech, I'd do it too.

Now, the real question is, how many people will show up to justify cost per person? Say only 100 people show up. That's $4K per person. Each of those 100 people would be better off if they were given a $4k grant for college. They would sure as hell get better knowledge than an hour long speech from Barry.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
News just in! Man receives payment for work!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG
He is just another man who puts his pants on one leg at time to me and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
He is just another man who puts his pants on one leg at time to me and nothing more.

Yeah, but with the fat stacks he just made he can be more like me and have his personal assistant help him put those bad boys on.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Daedalus
What a waste of money.

It's a good thing no one is forcing you to go see Obama talk or pay to see him talk right?

No, nobody's forcing me to go see him...however, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a waste of money.

Unless he's going there to talk about a cure for AIDS, Cancer, The HIV, and motherflippin' herpes, there is nothing he could be talking about that's worth 400K.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What a waste of money.

It's a good thing no one is forcing you to go see Obama talk or pay to see him talk right?

No, nobody's forcing me to go see him...however, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a waste of money.

That's a matter of opinion. Who are you to say that someone else can't get their worth out of hearing him speak? Just because you don't like Obama doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't as well.

Unless he's going there to talk about a cure for AIDS, Cancer, The HIV, and motherflippin' herpes, there is nothing he could be talking about that's worth 400K.

Obama is a successful black man and an ex-President. His experiences alone are worth listening to and learning from.
edit on 27-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Neat story about a private citizen getting paid to do something.

Neat post about a gross oversimplification.

400k to talk to people? what utter rubbish. I would need to work for 20 years to make that much money, and my job actually serves a tangible, valuable purpose.....what purpose does this serve?

I'd speak to people for free, and probably say far more intelligent and useful things.

What a waste of money.

Then don't use your money to go listen to him talk.

It is precisely that simple. It's not Obama's fault nobody cares what you have to say, but they want to hear him talk. So I guess there's another person for the list of folks upset that people like Obama more than them.

lol, project much?

I don't care if people like me or not. And he's not getting 400K because people want to hear him talk....he's getting 400K, because that's how much he's charging the venue, to participate.

"So I guess there's another person for the list of folks upset that people like Obama more than them." What an absolutely nonsensical thing to say.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

lol, "successful" is subjective. Who cares that he's black..except racists? and he's an Ex-President who increased our national debt, failed to make good on any of his major campaign promises, and signed into law, a "healthcare plan" that amounted to legalized theft.

Oh yeah...i can see he'd have HEAPS to say, worth listening to.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Not the same thing. And why in the hell does everyone immediately jump to the Trump comparison? Is the assumption that if i'm saying something negative about Obama, that i must, by default, be a Trump guy?

Trump is a businessman, and a real-estate tycoon....does it not make sense to have him speak on the subject?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Daedalus

400k to talk to people? what utter rubbish.

How can you complain about people oversimplifying this when you turned around & oversimplified it in the very next sentence?

Clearly, you slept through the class, on the day they covered irony and nuance.
edit on 4-27-2017 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Funny how at all those town halls where citizens were telling their republican representative NOT TO TOUCH THEIR OBAMA CARE.
It was only a disaster when trump the dump started calling it that. But you know, if it doesn't have his name on it or if it's something Obama did, it's trash to him so who cares . No one respects him or his opinions.
They just make fun of him and say what a total failure he is.

What's the problem with Obama getting paid 400K for a speech.
I'd sure like to make money that easily.

Or be president and write tax laws that make me richer. One or the other...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

lol, "successful" is subjective. Who cares that he's black..except racists? and he's an Ex-President who increased our national debt, failed to make good on any of his major campaign promises, and signed into law, a "healthcare plan" that amounted to legalized theft.

Uh... No. There are plenty of non-racist reasons why someone would care about Obama being black as the reason why they are seeing him talk. For instance other black people who want to know how he navigated the system to become successful would fit this description.

Also, successful is subjective? Lol what are you smoking? Barrack Obama was the President of the US. Something that YOU'VE never done. In fact it is one of the hardest jobs in the world to get. That alone is successful.

Oh yeah...i can see he'd have HEAPS to say, worth listening to.

Like I said, just because YOU don't like him and don't want to listen to him does not mean that is the case for everybody. Your opinion isn't universal. Lots of people in this country still love Obama, whether you like that or not.
edit on 27-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He´s just collecting favours.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I thought it was the right wing that normally look down on the Politics of Envy.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Neat story about a private citizen getting paid to do something.

400k to talk to people? what utter rubbish. I would need to work for 20 years to make that much money, and my job actually serves a tangible, valuable purpose.....what purpose does this serve?

I'd speak to people for free, and probably say far more intelligent and useful things.

What a waste of money.

Then don't use your money to go listen to him talk.

It is precisely that simple. It's not Obama's fault nobody cares what you have to say, but they want to hear him talk. So I guess there's another person for the list of folks upset that people like Obama more than them.

lol, project much?

I don't care if people like me or not. And he's not getting 400K because people want to hear him talk....he's getting 400K, because that's how much he's charging the venue, to participate.

"So I guess there's another person for the list of folks upset that people like Obama more than them." What an absolutely nonsensical thing to say.

Who's whining about Obama getting paid to talk, while saying they'd talk for free?

You.

Who's not?

Me.

So no, I'm not projecting at all. Pointing out that you're sad people are willing to pay money to listen to Obama but nobody will listen to you for free is not projecting. Good try though

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Not the same thing.

Trump is a businessman, and a real-estate tycoon....does it not make sense to have him speak on the subject?

Correct...Pres. Obama has never been forced to settle a civil racketeering lawsuit for bilking people out of Millions of dollars for a "University" that turned out to be a complete fraud.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's his right and about par for the course.
I certainly wouldn't go see him speak.

The astonishing thing is why on earth anyone would want to go hear more of the ctrl-leftist SJW'ing divisive liberal word salad that falls from this mans mouth whenever he opens it...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
I thought it was the right wing that normally look down on the Politics of Envy.

Not this proud right-winger.

Obama is being paid what the market will bear and has every right to accept that payment.
edit on 27-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If he can find some fool to pay him 400k to speak for 30 mins to an hour.. more power to him.

I just find it amusing when the party of the "people" has big name party members getting paid 200-400k dollars per speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join