It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Obviously you're only okay with it because you love Obama so much. It's all that cognitive dissonance "we lefties" have so much of.

Yeah, that. I think my posting history about ex-Dear Leader is pretty clear, his politics sucks nards but as far as I am concerned if people want to pay him s*** tons of money to flap his gob good for him.

edit on 26-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

He votes for me not Obama .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I would pay $400,001 to hear you yammer about stuff.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You'll need to go through my manager Neo, he decides all the fees and any caps.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You would be better off with the accounting firm of Augie & Thieves since I will absolutely make sure you don't pay your fair share and pocket most of that.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I voted for you too, I just didn't make a thread about it because I'm not a white knight.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

$400,002...

yep, it's a bidding war now

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I just didn't make a thread about it because I'm not a white privileged knight.

Fixed that, son.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

$400,002...

yep, it's a bidding war now

$400,002 and a guinea pig.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Guys! Guys! Didn't you know? You are giving credibility to neo's argument by extending out the thread to more and more pages.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But it's not what you do with it, it's all about how long it is.

The thread I mean

edit on 2642017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Guys! Guys! Didn't you know? You are giving credibility to neo's argument by extending out the thread to more and more pages.

What the hell is the premise? 'People can't make a lot of money unless I like them'? At that point I think everyone would be broke.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

The thread I mean

But can it helicopter?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good question, but at some point during this crazy thread neo tried to tell me that because the thread had over 200 posts that must mean he was on to something with his thread here. Never mind that a very large portion were his own posts and just about the rest were us laughing at him.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
...the rest were us laughing at him.

Laugh?!?!? At the Original Poster???

What ever would inspire laughter at their expense? I mean its not like they are a raving, hyperbolic hysteric or something like that.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: TerryDon79

The thread I mean

But can it helicopter?

You bet that $400,002 and a hamster it does!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

How much are we allowed to laugh before we get charged for it?

Surely there's a tax or something that only some people have to pay, but others don't because they're liked by someone else.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You'll have to ask neo. He seems to know all the rules about how these things work.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I would, but I'm not sure I can afford listening to the speech about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: neo96

No person is worth 400,000 thousand dollars in speaking fees. I don't really care what side you're on, the left or the right. That money should be put toward poor kids schooling or the poor in general.

First, taking that money from the parties in that transaction (buyer and seller) would be theft unless they volunteered it freely, but if we get past that, once stolen, who's to say where that money should go?

"[P]oor kids['] schooling" sounds like a mighty fine place to redistribute stolen money, but someone else might think PETA or the Humane Society or Greenpeace were better options. Someone like me might light to see it go to veteran's charities.

Hell -- I would love to see the NRA get a little taste of that money, stolen as it was, from Barack Obama.

Next, how do you know what someone is worth? If some individual or institution is willing to pay Mr. Obama $400,000 for a speech, then guess what -- he is worth it because that's a market value decision made by the free market.

It continues to amaze me that there are people who think the wealth of others somehow does not belong to them. Thankfully, there don't seem to be enough of these wealth thieves to threaten the current system of property rights we've enjoyed since our nation's founding. I guess a conservative capitalist like me simply cannot force my mind to think that way.

I am as diametrically opposed to Obama's politics as can be. Still, if the opportunity arose, it was convenient, and I was certain the money was going to him personally and not some leftist cause I could never support, I would have no problem shelling out several hundred dollars to see him speak. I am my own market, and that's what that experience would be worth to me. He's an historic figure at this point.

edit on 26-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife lost the popular vote too!

edit on 26-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife is involved Pizzagate. Ask Carlos Wiener.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join